Page 47 of 57 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    If Wonder Woman stood for payback then she wouldn't be Wonder Woman. She would be someone else. Maybe Captain Marvel. Or Maybe Cheetah. Diana isn't about revenge

Your revenge fantasy isn't a reason to betray who this character is.

You want her to be stronger, okay. Then ask for that
    I mean, at this point it just sounds like he wants her to be a character that she isn't. Like a super powered Punisher or something. This is really making me wonder if he even likes or understands the character at all.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I mean, at this point it just sounds like he wants her to be a character that she isn't. Like a super powered Punisher or something. This is really making me wonder if he even likes or understands the character at all.
    You are right. Because the countless stories of her being the punching bag of white straight males. And jobbing like there is no tomorrow, reflects very well what the character stands for. That's understing the character well. Sigh

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    While I'm not as aggressive as mystic41, it's really hard to deny the fact that MANY writers, often male, use other characters, also often male, to 'put' Diana in her 'place'. There has also been a steady decline in Diana's power to the point where it seems DC places her below even Aquaman, and this was just NEVER the case pre-Nu52.
    Just ask this. How come WW's fighting skills never made any difference but for others it doees? Her superior skills never mattered against superman, mongul, doomsday, darkseid, mary marvel, martianmanhunter etc. But they do for karate kid, or for mary marvel with just a months of training. In the meantime. WW is not even stronger than aquaman these days, and her skills have not been that big of a deal in her battles against him either. Oh but she is the better fighter. She is a better lipservice fighter. Her skills are totally irrelevant in the outcome of 99% of her battles. And her raw power gets weaker and weaker by the minute. So her ''superior skills'' will get even more irrelevant, the more that her raw power goes down.

Mighty Member

I didn't say those things.
    I didn't say you said that, but DC frankly don't cares what characters are about, especially not what Wonder Woman is about.

You want Wonder Woman to be stronger
    I hope any Wonder Woman fan wants that.

Why would you want her to do things that Wonder Woman wouldn't do?

She isn't Cheetah. She's Wonder Woman.

You want het to be stronger
    I hated the Death Earth scene, but at this point it might be needed in a less edgy way and without the killing part, to change the public image and create some odd type of equality. Heck DC is even going into the opposite direction, and seemingly developed a bad habit of silly fight scenes with Aquaman, that typically somehow even makes kind of both but especially Wonder Woman look bad.

An extreme important part of the character Wonder Woman is that she is NOT inferior to men, heck i am willing to bet DC and WB consistently shitting on that part is 1 of the actual core problems why the character Wonder Woman had always so much trouble to find her theme and get more popular, a character without much of an actual theme don't works very well after all.
    Last edited by Rightoya; 09-21-2022 at 06:14 PM.

Diana NEEDS to have a combination of raw power and skill. That raw power needs to rival Superman and the skill needs to earn the title of DC's greatest warrior.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Diana NEEDS to have a combination of raw power and skill. That raw power needs to rival Superman and the skill needs to earn the title of DC's greatest warrior.
    And sadly, nowadays she doesn't have either of those things. Only lipservice and the trackrecord of the perfect punching bag for others.

Revenge isn't equality. It isn't justice. It's savagery. It's Cheetah. It's not Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    You are right. Because the countless stories of her being the punching bag of white straight males. And jobbing like there is no tomorrow, reflects very well what the character stands for. That's understing the character well. Sigh
    That has nothing to do with what he said.

At this point it has. Because we haven't had a real sapproach respectng WW as a character in a long time. That includes the current run that clearly doesn't have clear direction and feels like it's just goingg through the motion. WW is still a glorified punching bag and so are her villains. This is a trend thsat has been going around for a long time now. And it has nothing to do with what the character is about.

At this point it has.
    No it doesn't. Nothing you said had to do with the accusation that you want Wonder Woman to be a super powered Punisher. You said he was right and then proceeded to claim things that he had never said.
    You shouldn't do that.

No it doesn't. Nothing you said had to do with the accusation that you want Wonder Woman to be a super powered Punisher. You said he was right and then proceeded to claim things that he had never said.
    You shouldn't do that.
    She doesn't have to be the punisher. She just has to appear in stories where the plot leads her to kill superman easily.

She doesn't have to be the punisher. She just has to appear in stories where the plot leads her to kill superman easily.
    No she doesn't

No she doesn't
    Yes she does. She can't be second or third to any man. And that includes the white straight privilege superman. Who hsas used her as his punching bag many times. We need stories of WW killing that overrated dude, that is used by sexist writers to create their ugly agenda of portraying women as less.
    Last edited by WonderLight789; 09-22-2022 at 09:11 AM.

Fellow Wonder Woman fan. Take a minute to think about this. Diana needs to be strong. Killing another hero is a disrespect of what she stands for and doesn’t mean equality. What you want, and what you are demanding are totally different things

BANNED

Yes she does. She can't be second or third to any man. And that includes the white straight privilege superman. Who hsas used her as his punching bag many times. We need stories of WW killing that overrated dude, that is used by sexist writers to create their ugly agenda of portraying women as less.
    I'm sorry to tell you but WW is less than Superman and Batman, the only reason why she is part of the trinity is because she is a woman, her sales have never been up to these 2 (Superman the best-selling in history, Batman the second ), her power is also second to Superman, because WW was born as a response to Superman, she depends on him. that you always put the theme of bad men, good women, shows that WW has nothing, beyond being a woman, if it had, you would talk about his qualities as a character, not always blaming the bad man.