Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

My personal preference for Diana's absolute extent of her physical powers is in the multi-planetary to solar system level. I'm gonna ignore her other powers like her love empath power from Aphro, Zeus's universe busting lightning, Hestia's divine fires, Athena's multiple different gifts (wisdom, grey eyes, etc..), her godlike senses (maybe more then just the five), and a whole host of other ones. This is just what I think she has shown to be physically able to do.

Strength
    Raw -> large planet level to star level
    Striking Power -> multi planet level to star level
    Durability
    physical -> star level
    magical -> highly resistant (like it takes some serious magical power to hurt her, no two bit magician is going to affect her for long)
    energy -> highly resistant (it takes a massive amount of energy to hurt her)
    molecular -> highly resistant (like no one can turn her to clay or transmute her in someway)
    elemental -> immune to natural fire and ice (i.e. she doesn't get cold or hot)
    mental -> near immunity (there was a time were high level telepaths couldn't even effect her)
    Healing Factor -> she can heal herself from death's door in a week tops (unless she's effected by some poison from the good Dr.
    )
    Speed
    Travel -> faster then light
    Reaction time -> Femtosecond to attosecond (comparable to Flash)
    Combat/Reflexes -> massively faster then light

When I say absolute, I mean this should be Diana when she is giving it her all or holding nothing back.

Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    My personal preference for Diana's absolute extent of her physical powers is in the multi-planetary to solar system level. I'm gonna ignore her other powers like her love empath power from Aphro, Zeus's universe busting lightning, Hestia's divine fires, Athena's multiple different gifts (wisdom, grey eyes, etc..), her godlike senses (maybe more then just the five), and a whole host of other ones. This is just what I think she has shown to be physically able to do.

Strength
    Durability
    physical -> star level
    magical -> highly resistant (like it takes some serious magical power to hurt her, no two bit magician is going to affect her for long)
    molecular -> highly resistant (like no one can turn her to clay or transmute her in someway)
    mental -> near immunity (there was a time were high level telepaths couldn't even effect her)
    Healing Factor -> she can heal herself from death's door in a week tops (unless she's effected by some poison from the good Dr.
    )
    Speed

When I say absolute, I mean this should be Diana when she is giving it her all or holding nothing back.

You forgot the Infinity +1 sword, Indestructanium +1 Shield and the girdle forged from the Presence's gilded locks. No "master of all traits, jack of none" build is complete without them.

You've pretty much put her at or above Silver Age Superman, an incarnation of the character widely regarded to be so strong they make dramatic narrative all but impossible and is essentially a creative dead end. I mean if that's what you're going for, sure, but I just don't think it's a good place for her (or any of DC's characters sans perhaps The Spectre who is literally the Abrahamic God's Hitman) if we're expecting to tell stories with any real dramatic weight to them.

Heck what is even the point of her strength and durability being "star level"? Why is that necessary for her stories?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Yeah I forgot about the fight. Guess we did see Omni bleed more than that. But no man made machine including an i-dont-know-how-many billions of dollars worth laser beam could hurt him. That's definitely not ok on my book because it means she could destroy the whole planet and it would take several nukes to even start hurting her. I don't have a precise figure, but I still want her to be possibly hurt by human ingenuity and lots of money.
    100000% disagreed, we don't even need a Wonder Woman if even the real world humanity could stop Wonder Woman and the ability to destroy planets is not anything new to the Justice League or Wonder Woman, and the last part just sounds suspiciously much like Batman. Something as weak as nukes should be always like this nuke to her:

Even the dreaded piercing or bullets weakness is better than a Wonder Woman nerfed below nuke levels, that is at best ok in live action movies or animated series and movies, and can be even in these questionable.

Should Wonder Woman punch and stop Juggernaut in full charge? I think maybe, but she would still get the wind knocked out of her for a bit. That's the level I think Wonder Woman should be at.
    Juggernaut is to a nuke, what a nuke is to new year's eve cracker, if he is not jobbing. And Omni Man gets ragdolled by Juggernaut, without jobbing, or flying out of the way.
    Last edited by Rightoya; 05-09-2021 at 03:12 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post

Strength
    Durability
    physical -> star level
    )
    Speed

I get and agree with the planetary range, faster than light speed, at least some good immunities, and most of the abilities and powers, but universe busting lightning, solar system levels, attoseconds and massively faster than light speed, come on that sounds like Wally at his worst in trying to make sense and some Superman and Wonder Woman outliers rolled into one.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    You forgot the Infinity +1 sword, Indestructanium +1 Shield and the girdle forged from the Presence's gilded locks. No "master of all traits, jack of none" build is complete without them.

You've pretty much put her at or above Silver Age Superman, an incarnation of the character widely regarded to be so strong they make dramatic narrative all but impossible and is essentially a creative dead end. I mean if that's what you're going for, sure, but I just don't think it's a good place for her (or any of DC's characters sans perhaps The Spectre who is literally the Abrahamic God's Hitman) if we're expecting to tell stories with any real dramatic weight to them.
    I also think that solar system with massively faster then light speed levels is going too far outside of temporarily power ups like maybe the god wave, but that is with the exception of Zeus universe busting lightning still not even close to silver age Superman's bursting out of infinity with his speed, sneezing at a far away solar system and destroying it in the process, or making up new powers and abilities on the fly cheesiness. And the absolute low end of that idea, meaning planetary and faster than light is how it should be, and if writers can not even manage that with a superhero who is not some raging monster that always needs to go 110% are they just not suited to write a character like Wonder Woman, or Superman, or Green Lantern, and so on.
    Last edited by Rightoya; 05-09-2021 at 04:51 AM.

I ask again, why does Wonder Woman need star level strength and durability? (by which I assume people are saying she could move an entire planet and resist the explosion of a planet)

Even Superman has been shown to nearly die with a nuke but then heal back. Why should Diana survive unscathed? What good does it do her stories?

I remember one of Joe Kelly's JLA story arcs involved Superman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter and Kyle Rayner using of their strengths to pull the moon out of orbit. To me, that's the pinnacle of their strength level.

With Wonder Woman, in my mind, she can throw an aircraft carrier like it was a baseball with one hand on a normal day. However, when dealing with planetary or universal level threats, she gets a power boost from Gaea, Athena, or Aphrodite. I think that's the best fix for her power level.

Mighty Member

I ask again, why does Wonder Woman need star level strength and durability? (by which I assume people are saying she could move an entire planet and resist the explosion of a planet)
    Even moving or resisting the explosion of 1000 earth like planets together would be not close to star level strength or durability.

Even Superman has been shown to nearly die with a nuke but then heal back. Why should Diana survive unscathed? What good does it do her stories?
    Superman nearly dying to a nuke in the comics is just silly, the strongest nuke called the Tsar bomb that was 1000s of times more powerful than the Hiroshima bomb couldn't even level a mountain. And Superman is just like Wonder Woman supposed to be a power fantasy, power fantasies that are not powerful, just fail at the concept itself.
    Last edited by Rightoya; 05-09-2021 at 04:49 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I remember one of Joe Kelly's JLA story arcs involved Superman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter and Kyle Rayner using of their strengths to pull the moon out of orbit.
    And what is with things like this:

To me, that's the pinnacle of their strength level.
    Why?

With Wonder Woman, in my mind, she can throw an aircraft carrier like it was a baseball with one hand on a normal day. However, when dealing with planetary or universal level threats, she gets a power boost from Gaea, Athena, or Aphrodite. I think that's the best fix for her power level.
    But why even create such a convoluted concept? Many writers fail already at simple concepts of Wonder Woman, and she is 1 of the most inconsistent characters in general, that would probably just lead to even less consistency.
    Last edited by Rightoya; 05-09-2021 at 05:00 AM.

I like when she does crazy feats like that, that makes no sense but are cool.

But, like, my favorite fights she's had in the in the comics is still the two times she fought Cheetah in Perez's run, and in terms of feats, those battles were nothing special. I mean, there weren't any shockwaves or crazy techniques used and Diana threw a ding-dang rock a Cheetah's head at one point.

I kind of have a "because comics" mentality about it.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 05-09-2021 at 06:46 AM. Reason: Typo

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I like when she does crazy feats like that, that makes so sense but are cool.

But, like, my favorite fights she's had in the in the comics is still the two times she fought Cheetah in Perez's run, and in terms of feats, those battles were nothing specials. I mean, there weren't any shockwaves or crazy techniques used and Diana threw a ding-dang rock a Cheetah's head at one point.

Yeah, but Wonder Woman or Superman make no sense anyway

I liked the Cheetah fights too, but i think they work like many things in the Perez run on a higher power spectrum too, Cheetah has speed and magical claws and teeth anyway and wouldn't need planetary strength against planetary superheroes.
    Last edited by Rightoya; 05-09-2021 at 04:50 AM.

I like when she does crazy feats like that, that makes so sense but are cool.

But, like, my favorite fights she's had in the in the comics is still the two times she fought Cheetah in Perez's run, and in terms of feats, those battles were nothing special. I mean, there weren't any shockwaves or crazy techniques used and Diana threw a ding-dang rock a Cheetah's head at one point.

The second one might in the Bana arc from his run might be my favorite too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    Yeah, but Wonder Woman or Superman make no sense anyway

I liked the Cheetah fights too, but i think they work like many things in the Perez run on a higher power spectrum too, Cheetah has speed and magical claws and teeth anyway and wouldn't need planetary strength against planetary superheroes.
    Well, Cheetah is a character who's feats are almost solely defined on the fact that she's a challenge for Diana (since the official super-speed stuff came much later). She doesn't have some anime-esk grand appearance of smashing a mountain in half with her face to hype up their fight, or taking out leagues of other heroes to show how tough she's going to be when she stumbles across Diana.

You know she's fast because she can hit Diana.

You know she's strong because Diana couldn't win the tug-of-war.

You know she's durable because she can take a hit from Diana.

That why it's not hard to believe that Cheetah is high on the power spectrum (for anyone who reads a WW comic anyway, or puts a single brain-cell behind why she's a WW rouge). I don't really need them destroying the landscape around them for that message to come across, although they do wreak a building in the second fight but I'm sure most people will still call that mild.

(Edit: Also Cheetah keeps getting scaled up every time Diana gets scaled up )

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post

I also like the final WW vs Genocide fight which is more stereotypical *punch-punch, kick-kick, up in to space, back down to earth*, but the WW vs Cheetah fights just got that classical feel to them I think.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 05-09-2021 at 06:06 AM.

Spectacular Member

Well, Cheetah is a character who's feats are almost solely defined on the fact that she's a challenge for Diana (since the official super-speed stuff came much later). She doesn't have some anime-esk grand appearance of smashing a mountain in half with her face to hype up their fight, or taking out leagues of other heroes to show how tough she's going to be when she stumbles across Diana.

You know she's fast because she can hit Diana.

You know she's strong because Diana couldn't win the tug-of-war.

You know she's durable because she can take a hit from Diana.

That why it's not hard to believe that Cheetah is high on the power spectrum (for anyone who reads a WW comic anyway, or puts a single brain-cell behind why she's a WW rouge). I don't really need them destroying the landscape around them for that message to come across, although they do wreak a building in the second fight but I'm sure most people will still call that mild.

(Edit: Also Cheetah keeps getting scaled up every time Diana gets scaled up )

I also like the final WW vs Genocide fight which is more stereotypical *punch-punch, kick-kick, up in to space, back down to earth*, but the WW vs Cheetah fights just got that classical feel to them I think.
    Hmm cheetah can win a tug of war with ww but can't lift an air carrier or subway train? So she doesn't have actual super strength? She can tag ww but can't out run her nor kryptonians & flashes right? In 84 I didn't see any speed feats from neither her or ww just cat pouncing barely

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post

this picture looks similar to both their 84' movie designs especially cheetah. I see tear marks too.