Page 52 of 57 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253545556 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Oh I mean just generally, whenever anyone mentions the "top 10" of strength, speed or whatever, Wonder Woman is usually not thought as being in it, although she definitely should be! I see them listing the Super Family, the Martian Family and the Marvel Family among others being included, but Diana is usually not there.
    Well, should be longer than 10 unless it's just the JL. :P

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Well, should be longer than 10 unless it's just the JL. :P
    Well, the ones I have often seen seem to all include: Superman, SG, PG, Captain Marvel, Mary M, CM3, Martian Manhunter, Miss Martian and Lobo. This is 9. I have seen one or two others listed with some fans switching out characters for ones they prefer or even villains such as Black Adam, Ursa, Faora, etc.

While DC does have many super-strong characters, both heroes and villains, my statement was for the premise that Wonder Woman is often left out of the "top listings" or "rankings" by many DC "Fans", as they relegate her to a lesser level of strength, speed, etc. They are wrong, because WW should be on that list!
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 10-20-2022 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Clarity!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Well, the ones I have often seen seem to all include: Superman, SG, PG, Captain Marvel, Mary M, CM3, Martian Manhunter, Miss Martian and Lobo. This is 9. I have seen one or two others listed with some fans switching out characters for ones they prefer or even villains such as Black Adam, Ursa, Faora, etc.

While DC does have many super-strong characters, both heroes and villains, my statement was for the premise that Wonder Woman is often left out of the "top listings" or "rankings" by many DC "Fans", as they relegate her to a lesser level of strength, speed, etc. They are wrong, because WW should be on that list!
    I'd leave off Lobo. but yeah this is a list of top 10 heroes, not top-10 overall. It's tough competition for a top-10 list just from DC's heroes. throw villains in and it's like 3 times as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I'd leave off Lobo. but yeah this is a list of top 10 heroes, not top-10 overall. It's tough competition for a top-10 list just from DC's heroes. throw villains in and it's like 3 times as bad.
    Yes, this is true. And I didn't even list Donna, Cassie, LSH characters, LSV characters, etc.

DC has so many super-strong types.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Idk if this has been mentioned yet, but it kinda bothers me that Aquaman has better durability to bullets than Wonder Woman. I get that since he is half human and half Atlantean that he should have high durability; but if Wonder Woman is half Amazon and half Olympian then bullets really shouldn't be a thing for her either. They should both be able to laugh off bullets, especially from "small" fire-arms. Just my 2 cents...
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Idk if this has been mentioned yet, but it kinda bothers me that Aquaman has better durability to bullets than Wonder Woman. I get that since he is half human and half Atlantean that he should have high durability; but if Wonder Woman is half Amazon and half Olympian then bullets really shouldn't be a thing for her either. They should both be able to laugh off bullets, especially from "small" fire-arms. Just my 2 cents...
    The pages of threads this problem has made lol, I promise you we have mentioned it.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Lol this is a bit like asking about gas prices, it comes up all the time. You'd think it'd be non-controversial but there were some fists flying.

At the mo she appears to be bulletproof in canon but it's ridiculously inconsistent so who knows.

(Earlier in this arc there's also a part where her bracers are broken and she catches a bullet in her hand without issue)

Any list that doesn't have Superman and WW as the top two is fanboying, as I shared with the editors of Wizardworld when they actually altered the text of DCs solicitation for Superman 210 because they couldn't stand what it says about Wonder Woman and her placement and what it meant for THEIR faves (Captain Marvel and Black Adam)

And remember that FOR TOMORROW was part of the Infinite Crisis buildup which as Countdown pointed out had Superman and WW as the DCUs most powerful threats.

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    Lol this is a bit like asking about gas prices, it comes up all the time. You'd think it'd be non-controversial but there were some fists flying.

At the mo she appears to be bulletproof in canon but it's ridiculously inconsistent so who knows.

(Earlier in this arc there's also a part where her bracers are broken and she catches a bullet in her hand without issue)

On the bullet proof thing I honestly feel we should NEVER see an instance where we learn either way. However, I feel like Messner-Loebs addition that even to alien technology more advanced than the Guardians her armour is so durable as to be indestructible. I also like the Marstonesque idea that she can by concentration render her form completely immune to compromise.

However I much prefer that we never see unless she is showing out. Her training and reflexes should be so vastly unquantifiable that her subconscious defenses would do B&B. The tradeoff being that when taken off guard she doesn't use her gift from Hermes to safely aim the ricochets.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    On the bullet proof thing I honestly feel we should NEVER see an instance where we learn either way.
    I'd prefer this, quite frankly.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

I'm glad people prefer it; I wish DC writers felt the same....

Or you know just make her bullet proof.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I'd prefer this, quite frankly.
    Too late for that. We already know from bad runs like priest. So they need to keep the current trend of calling and showing her invulnerable to normal weapons. The last thing she needs is more bad showings.

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    I'm glad people prefer it; I wish DC writers felt the same....

Or you know just make her bullet proof.
    I think it's absurd that a woman created from the earth and who is literally as strong as Gaea, the earth herself, is not bulletproof herself. The bullets-and-bracelets thing would not be redundant if Diana were bulletproof since B&B (originally called Weapons and bracelets, a game "which any amazon girl [could] play"1) is a game that the amazons played to test their speed and dexterity when attacked with arrows. Wonder Woman could still wear the bracelets to honor her amazon heritage. It's not a huge deal.

1Uttered by Diana of Themyscira in Sensation Comics #102, Aprl 1951

Yeah, Marvel did the same thing with The Valkyrie, an Asgardian demi-goddess. While she should be bullet-proof, they made it otherwise.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Blame Justice League and Super-Friends. No really. The pre-crisis JLA didn't showcase Diana's strength that much. And the TV show was worse at that. Diana's title in pre-crisis was the lowest-selling book, so I doubt many fans read that. Which leaves the JLA, Super-Friends, and the Lynda Carter TV show as their main exposure.