Page 6 of 57 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    Even moving or resisting the explosion of 1000 earth like planets together would be not close to star level strength or durability.

Superman nearly dying to a nuke in the comics is just silly, the strongest nuke called the Tsar bomb that was 1000s of times more powerful than the Hiroshima bomb couldn't even level a mountain. And Superman is just like Wonder Woman supposed to be a power fantasy, power fantasies that are not powerful, just fail at the concept itself.
    You don't think a woman lifiting a bus full of people is a power fantasy? Again, Wonder Woman will always be a woman that can level an aircraft carrier, but moving a planet? What use could thay have for her stories? Even Hercules is a myth that shows amazing strength isn't about being able to destroy the whole planet. What amazing story do you feel the need to tell with Wonder Woman that could only be possible if she were able to survive a star explosion and destroy entire planets single handed?

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious View Post
    Hmm cheetah can win a tug of war with ww but can't lift an air carrier or subway train? So she doesn't have actual super strength? She can tag ww but can't out run her nor kryptonians & flashes right? In 84 I didn't see any speed feats from neither her or ww just cat pouncing barely
    Well, why are your comparing what Cheetah can do in the comics to what she can do in the movies? Those are two different versions of the character.

Also why would Cheetah care about lifting an aircraft carrier? She spends most of her time in the jungle not the ocean.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 05-09-2021 at 08:06 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Well, why are your comparing what Cheetah can do in the comics to what she can do in the movies? Those are two different versions of the character.

Also why would Cheetah care about lifting an aircraft carrier? She spends most of her time in the jungle not the ocean.
    Well I've never seen any strength feats from her so I'm curious as to how she can win a tug of war with freaking ww lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious View Post
    Well I've never seen any strength feats from her so I'm curious as to how she can win a tug of war with freaking ww lol
    Her strength feat is the tug-of-war with Wonder Woman.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    You don't think a woman lifiting a bus full of people is a power fantasy?
    I think a woman lifting a bus full of people is a power fantasy for the upper end of street heroes, which is why Spider Woman could do that, and i also think that i drop Wonder Woman comics for good if DC ever officially announces that Wonder Woman is now a Spider Man type of hero.

Again, Wonder Woman will always be a woman that can level an aircraft carrier, but moving a planet?
    Yeah moving a planet, even in the early days was she throwing around planets already:

What use could thay have for her stories?
    The same use any powers have for her stories.

Even Hercules is a myth that shows amazing strength isn't about being able to destroy the whole planet.
    Heracles lifted the entire sky, which shows by nearly any interpretation far more strength than even needed to destroy a whole star.

What amazing story do you feel the need to tell with Wonder Woman that could only be possible if she were able to survive a star explosion and destroy entire planets single handed?
    Countless of stories could involve that, but i still think planetary levels would be better than star levels
    Last edited by Rightoya; 05-09-2021 at 09:44 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Her strength feat is the tug-of-war with Wonder Woman.
    I think his case kind of shows why Cheetah as a magical speedster which was a good idea in my opinion works better than as a physical counter to Wonder Woman, which better fits to characters like Devastation, Dark Angel, or even Genocide.

Because even many people i have talked to that don't read comics and don't ever participate in comic battle discussion did not understand how Cheetah is a threat to Wonder Woman after watching Wonder Woman 1984, they thought Wonder Woman held back the entire time, and even in the comics would be Cheetah like that probably not very convincing to them. Being soley defined by giving a character trouble without ever showing comparable feats of power is just not a very good concept for a physical threat that will have many appearances, magical super speed with magical piercing or slashing is much easier, and the Perez fights could have with modifications worked in super speed too.

I think his case kind of shows why Cheetah as a magical speedster which was a good idea in my opinion works better than as a physical counter to Wonder Woman, which better fits to characters like Devastation, Dark Angel, or even Genocide.

Because even many people i have talked to that don't read comics and don't ever participate in comic battle discussion did not understand how Cheetah is a threat to Wonder Woman after watching Wonder Woman 1984, they thought Wonder Woman held back the entire time, and even in the comics would be Cheetah like that probably not very convincing to them. Being soley defined by giving a character trouble without ever showing comparable feats of power is just not a very good concept for a physical threat that will have many appearances, magical super speed with magical piercing or slashing is much easier, and the Perez fights could have with modifications worked in super speed too.
    Well, not to get super into WW84 but I felt the confusion was more due to Diana not having a fight with full-on Cheetah before dawning the golden armor.

But anyways, Cheetahs feats primarily being based off of being a challenge to Diana works better in comics anyway when we can read Diana’s thoughts.
    Of corse I don’t mind them giving other feats besides that, as long as they stay in character. Like, it would only make sense for me to have Cheetah pick up something heavy if she was raiding a temple and needed to casually move some giant stone blocking her path.
    Like, girls got magical razor-blades growing out of her fingers, how could throwing something heavy at WW hurt her more than that.
    Hence why her strength feats are usually wrestling Wonder Woman or knocking her through stuff.

I get and agree with the planetary range, faster than light speed, at least some good immunities, and most of the abilities and powers, but universe busting lightning, solar system levels, attoseconds and massively faster than light speed, come on that sounds like Wally at his worst in trying to make sense and some Superman and Wonder Woman outliers rolled into one.
    Massively faster then light combat speeds isn't out of Diana's wheel house and she's tagged enough flashes for me to put her on femtosecond reaction times, am I also using her shattered god feat here? Yeah.

The solar system level is scaling mixed with outlier feats, which I did include, as the point of this was to talk about Diana at her absolute max potential. (though there was a scan of both Superman and Diana surviving a supernova, I think it knocked them out but they did survive)

Zeus's lightning was so powerful in Greek myth that it could bust universes, obviously Diana can't use it at its max power in universe but say she teleports herself and her baddy to the Sphere of Gods, a place outside the multiverse, then she could unleash it. Or she's using some cosmic storm the way Thor does.

Edit: I'd want there to be a down side to her using Zeus's lightning at full power, like it rips the flesh from her arms and causes a ton of pain, taking her even longer the heal because its not natural lightning. It's like a final move for her.
    Last edited by Perseus; 05-09-2021 at 10:46 AM.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Cheetah can scale to Diana just fine, she might need some speed feats outside of interacting with Diana, and her taking on the league back in Nu52 should justify her being a threat. Speed should be the primary focus for cheetah outside of the wonderverse, her fighting Diana should, theoretically, put writers in a position to have cheetah fight other powerhouses like Superman and Martian Manhunter.

I also want to point out that Nubia would be physically just as powerful as her twin.

You don't think a woman lifiting a bus full of people is a power fantasy? Again, Wonder Woman will always be a woman that can level an aircraft carrier, but moving a planet? What use could thay have for her stories? Even Hercules is a myth that shows amazing strength isn't about being able to destroy the whole planet. What amazing story do you feel the need to tell with Wonder Woman that could only be possible if she were able to survive a star explosion and destroy entire planets single handed?
    Maybe for street level characters like when Spider Woman or Spider man himself does it, it's impressive. Or Cap stopping that helicopter in Civil War. That's because we know their limit then see them push past it. .

It's not as impressive for someone who used to spin planets on her lasso and tag the sun to suddenly lift a bus. Unless you wiped my memory of previous Wonder Woman stories off my mind completely, I won't find Wonder Woman lifting a bus as a power fantasy or wish fulfilment.

One reason the Superman punch on World Forger was such a big deal was how much he had to push himself to literally down this 6D character, a literal creator of the Multiverse. Even when compared to old feats of sneezing away solar systems and time travel, the punch on World Forger remains impressive. Sure in the end he didn't even injure World Forger but it was still something that took Superman his all including a power-up and even psyching himself up by thinking about his family.

Superman lifting a bus on the other hand isn't anything special unless you literally have no clue who Superman is.

For me, a power fantasy or wish fushfilment moment with Wonder Woman that would hype me up would be something like the Shattered God feat; which to this day is one of the most impressive Wonder Woman feats ever.

People forget how random powers were during the golden age. In one page Diana would be able to hold tons of people trapped in a cage with her bare teeth, and in the very next page she would get knocked out by a gun butt.

People forget how random powers were during the golden age. In one page Diana would be able to hold tons of people trapped in a cage with her bare teeth, and in the very next page she would get knocked out by a gun butt.
    We aren't in the golden age anymore, audiences want consistency from street-levelers to planetary powerhouses. Golden age antics like what you described don't work in the modern world of comic media anymore. Unless you want Diana to be less like ATLA and more like The Amazing World of Gumball, which your just changing genres.
    Last edited by Perseus; 05-09-2021 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    We aren't in the golden age anymore, audiences want consistency from street-levelers to planetary powerhouses. Golden age antics like what you described don't work in the modern world of comic media anymore. Unless you want Diana to be less like ATLA and more like The Amazing World of Gumball, which your just changing genres.
    You guys were the ones comparing Golden Age power levels to now. I was pointing out that Golden Age was a very weird period for powers.

You guys were the ones comparing Golden Age power levels to now. I was pointing out that Golden Age was a very weird period for powers.
    And eventually they were brought down from weird to making sense for those characters. There are a ton of DC characters that are in the physical range I placed out for Diana.