Page 8 of 57 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I'm tired of this. This is boring. Sorry you aren't enjoying her stories. I'll head out of this thread since this isn't going anywhere for either of us
    I thought you were the one asking us the questions about why we want her to be powerful? We pretty much know your stance of a Spidey level superheroine in Wondy and I thought you were asking us why we wanted her to show her godly powers off instead of the street level nonsense that we get most of the time with her.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    There are plenty of ways to "destroy" the planet, but the problem is that everyone will only take it seriously if it is some sort of physical force. What good is being able to move a planet (which is kind of goofy to be honest) against a plague or mass paranoia?
    For WW. It'd be good because she would be once again the super powerful being she was created to be.

I'm tired of this. This is boring. Sorry you aren't enjoying her stories. I'll head out of this thread since this isn't going anywhere for either of us
    This whole thread has devolved into unbearableness...

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Natamaxxx View Post
    DC is planning another Crisis....we can drop all of this on Earth 5 and start over.

Still better than dragging it into other threads. People have a right to discuss it here and I'm not trying to disencourage them, just stating that I'm no longer invested in it.

Mighty Member

I don't get it, what gave you the idea that many people would agree with a weak Wonder Woman, especially in a thread called power level complains? And you seemingly want to nerf Superman, Juggernaut, and probably more characters as well to below a level that humanity could deal with for a reason that i still don't understand, especially if you seemingly talk about a much more powerful humanity anyway who can stop a being that is able to move mountains, and i would assume can still fly, and has still super durability, super senses and super speed to some degree?

There are plenty of ways to "destroy" the planet, but the problem is that everyone will only take it seriously if it is some sort of physical force. What good is being able to move a planet (which is kind of goofy to be honest) against a plague or mass paranoia?
    That is correct, and also what makes arguments like that there would be almost no ways to challenge planetary superheroes such lazy excuses, you could easily make Dr Poison or Dr Psycho as good examples planetary threats with just a bit creativity.

Has it? I have rarely seen a complains thread with any connection to power levels, or fighting, that stayed this harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    I don't get it, what gave you the idea that many people would agree with a weak Wonder Woman, especially in a thread called power level complains? And you seemingly want to nerf Superman, Juggernaut, and probably more characters as well to below a level that humanity could deal with for a reason that i still don't understand, especially if you seemingly talk about a much more powerful humanity anyway who can stop a being that is able to move mountains, and i would assume can still fly, and has still super durability, super senses and super speed to some degree?
    This doscussion is of no interest to me anymore. Think whatever you want. Live and let live.

Wonder Woman is already nerfed yet people want her to get nerfed further. I'm honestly fed up with DC nowadays.

I haven't felt passion with DC comics for a long time now especially when my favorite character is getting mistreated.

People want to pretend power levels aren't everything but they are a major determinant of a character's position in lore and importance.

Why do you think Superman and Martian Manhunter could tank the Totality yet Diana couldn't in JL. She was literally shooed off like a kid who didn't know her limits as Superman and MM got to be the big guys because of how nerfed she is.

In most of these crossover stories, she gets treated the absolute worst. Jobbing to Deathstroke, jobbing to bullet shrapnel, literally jobbing to anything and anyone. What's the fun in even reading that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gitagon View Post
    Wonder Woman is already nerfed yet people want her to get nerfed further. I'm honestly fed up with DC nowadays.

I haven't felt passion with DC comics for a long time now especially when my favorite character is getting mistreated.

People want to pretend power levels aren't everything but they are a major determinant of a character's position in lore and importance.

Why do you think Superman and Martian Manhunter could tank the Totality yet Diana couldn't in JL. She was literally shooed off like a kid who didn't know her limits as Superman and MM got to be the big guys because of how nerfed she is.

In most of these crossover stories, she gets treated the absolute worst. Jobbing to Deathstroke, jobbing to bullet shrapnel, literally jobbing to anything and anyone. What's the fun in even reading that.
    I’m not sure if you mean that power levels are equivalent to the in-universe and/or real-world importance (sales) of a character, because if that’s so then Batman might have a word to say about that.

In either case he is totally wrong. People keep talking crap about Wonder Woman being at Spider-man's power level (which nobody here was proposing) but Spider-man is the best selling marvel comic book and the most popular character they have.

Heck, he almost sounded jealous of Martian Manhunter, a character I love but that rarely has his own book and only ocasionally appears in the Justice League books (is Martian Manhunter even appearing in any comic right now?)

In either case he is totally wrong. People keep talking crap about Wonder Woman being at Spider-man's power level (which nobody here was proposing) but Spider-man is the best selling marvel comic book and the most popular character they have.

Heck, he almost sounded jealous of Martian Manhunter, a character I love but that rarely has his own book and only ocasionally appears in the Justice League books (is Martian Manhunter even appearing in any comic right now?)
    I...can’t even remember if he was in Infinite Frontier or not. I feel like he was...

He’s probably eating chocos somewhere.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    That is correct, and also what makes arguments like that there would be almost no ways to challenge planetary superheroes such lazy excuses, you could easily make Dr Poison or Dr Psycho as good examples planetary threats with just a bit creativity.
    The problem is people don't want to see interesting problems that Diana can't solve by punching out, it won't demonstrate a "feat" worth anything. The banal "physical strength equals respect" would make Giganta proud. (Is this thread just to complain about Wonder Woman not being "strong" enough, or can some of her rogues get in on this action? They often get the short end of the stick because the "they have to be a god/godlike to challenge Wonder Woman" is more tiring to me)
    Last edited by Mistah K88; 05-12-2021 at 08:39 AM.

The problem is people don't want to see interesting problems that Diana can't solve by punching out, it won't demonstrate a "feat" worth anything. The banal "physical strength equals respect" would make Giganta proud. (Is this thread just to complain about Wonder Woman not being "strong" enough, or can some of her rogues get in on this action? They often get the short end of the stick because the "they have to be a god/godlike to challenge Wonder Woman" is more tiring to me)
    Well we talked about Cheetah a while back so I don't see why not. Heroes are defined by their villains and vice-versa, and the villains are supposed to be the ones who often provide the challenges needed for Wonder Woman to overcome (physically or otherwise)

Plus we complain about how her rouges are inconsistent as well in other threads, perhaps it is best if we lump it all together.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I’m not sure if you mean that power levels are equivalent to the in-universe and/or real-world importance (sales) of a character, because if that’s so then Batman might have a word to say about that.
    What I mean is basically in the next statement. If Wonder Woman's power level had been up to par in JL, she would have been right there at the frontline with Superman and Martian Manhunter. I know this specific issue was from ages ago like last year or maybe 2019 but it still stuck with me cause it put a hard line between Sups and MM compared to Diana and specified the reason she was left out was that she could not handle what those 2 could.

Quote Originally Posted by Gitagon View Post
    What I mean is basically in the next statement. If Wonder Woman's power level had been up to par in JL, she would have been right there at the frontline with Superman and Martian Manhunter. I know this specific issue was from ages ago like last year or maybe 2019 but it still stuck with me cause it put a hard line between Sups and MM compared to Diana and specified the reason she was left out was that she could not handle what those 2 could.
    Do you remember what issue it was in?

I only remember them going into the totality in the first few issues of JL.