Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

A good Star wars suggestion put forward by Alistair on the Masterworks forum:

Star Wars by Kieron Gillen & Greg Pak Omnibus (collecting Star Wars #38-75, Annual #4 etc.)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    A good Star wars suggestion put forward by Alistair on the Masterworks forum:

Star Wars by Kieron Gillen & Greg Pak Omnibus (collecting Star Wars #38-75, Annual #4 etc.)
    And may I humbly suggest Indiana Jones: The Original Marvel Years (collecting the adaptations of Raiders of the Lost Ark, Temple of Doom, The Last Crusade, and The Further Adventures of Indiana Jones #1-34)

There's even a new movie scheduled to come out next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    And may I humbly suggest Indiana Jones: The Original Marvel Years (collecting the adaptations of Raiders of the Lost Ark, Temple of Doom, The Last Crusade, and The Further Adventures of Indiana Jones #1-34)

There's even a new movie scheduled to come out next year.
    That one was #11 for me
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Avengers by Geoff Johns & Chuck Austen Omnibus (Collecting Avengers #57-84, New Invaders #0).

This will ideally bridge Avengers by Busiek & Perez Vol. 2 Omnibus and The New Avengers Vol. 1 Omnibus. Not sure if any other one-shots and such are needed.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Avengers by Geoff Johns & Chuck Austen Omnibus (Collecting Avengers #57-84, New Invaders #0).

This will ideally bridge Avengers by Busiek & Perez Vol. 2 Omnibus and The New Avengers Vol. 1 Omnibus. Not sure if any other one-shots and such are needed.
    I would actually buy this. Most people loathe Austen's work, but I didn't think his Avengers was so bad in comparison to some other stuff.

But I would be annoyed if they edited the infamous Hank & Jan scene from Johns' run, like they did with the trades. Was it gross? Yeah, but who cares?? We've all read/seen worse I'm sure...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I would actually buy this. Most people loathe Austen's work, but I didn't think his Avengers was so bad in comparison to some other stuff.

But I would be annoyed if they edited the infamous Hank & Jan scene from Johns' run, like they did with the trades. Was it gross? Yeah, but who cares?? We've all read/seen worse I'm sure...
    I thought Austen's "short" work on Avengers was pretty good with the exception of some of Blazing Skull's wisecracks and the cringeworthy Clint/Jan/Hank situation. I quite liked the 5-issue "Lionheart of Avalon".

I haven't read the Geoff Johns run and was unaware of the controversial issue. I just thought it would be great to bridge the Busiek and Bendis Omnibuses as well as having those Kelsey Leigh/Captain Britain/Otherworld issues from Austen's run oversized.

A pie in the sky suggestion:

Marvel/DC Crossovers Omnibus

The Poll closes tonight, so make sure you get your votes in pronto.

We are currently at 185 votes.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Very curious if the voting participants can reach 200!
    Marvel is already just now paying attention to this poll. The more who do so the stronger our voices...with Tigereyes & Omar's help of course!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Voted!

Had a pretty hard time coming up with 10 I really want...which is a good problem to have.

Astonishing Member

A pie in the sky suggestion:

Marvel/DC Crossovers Omnibus
    I would totally buy an Amalgam omnibus.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Very curious if the voting participants can reach 200!
    Marvel is already just now paying attention to this poll. The more who do so the stronger our voices...with Tigereyes & Omar's help of course!
    How many people responded in prior years?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Voted!

Had a pretty hard time coming up with 10 I really want...which is a good problem to have.
    My list breaks down as:

4 really want to come out now.
    3 yeah, I'd probably pick these up
    3 will probably never happen, but it would be neat to see them

Mighty Member

I would totally buy an Amalgam omnibus.
    Same. Or two matching OHCs (one each from Marvel and DC). Whatever. There's even a good spot on my shelf for that in OHC/omni format
    My list breaks down as:

4 really want to come out now.
    3 yeah, I'd probably pick these up
    3 will probably never happen, but it would be neat to see them
    I have the same breakdown. I wouldn't say never happen, maybe, but some are kind of dependent on how Marvel does other omnis- I want a 4-title Prelude to the Clone Saga omni, but that only works if the last (presumed) Michelinie ASM omni ends at Maximum Carnage or Life Theft (his run), vs running through Shrieking
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Same. Or two matching OHCs (one each from Marvel and DC). Whatever. There's even a good spot on my shelf for that in OHC/omni format

I have the same breakdown. I wouldn't say never happen, maybe, but some are kind of dependent on how Marvel does other omnis- I want a 4-title Prelude to the Clone Saga omni, but that only works if the last (presumed) Michelinie ASM omni ends at Maximum Carnage or Life Theft (his run), vs running through Shrieking
    One of my "Never Gonna Happen" choices from prior years is actually happening early next year. So I had to replace Knights of Pendragon on my list this year.