Astonishing Member

Default What is the relationship among Sinister, Apocalyspe, and Stryfe now

As three of the most impactful modernish X-Men antagonists, they have a shared history and animosity. Where does all that stand now? Back in the day was it implied that Sinister was an early Horseman or was that just Age of Apocalypse retconning, either way they have a shared history. Stryfe exposed Sinister to the Legacy virus (but is the genetic culmination of a lot of his work) and was created to destroy Apocalypse. Now I know both Sinister and Apoc are on the QC but I was curious about the current state of the relationships between the three.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    As three of the most impactful modernish X-Men antagonists, they have a shared history and animosity. Where does all that stand now? Back in the day was it implied that Sinister was an early Horseman or was that just Age of Apocalypse retconning, either way they have a shared history. Stryfe exposed Sinister to the Legacy virus (but is the genetic culmination of a lot of his work) and was created to destroy Apocalypse. Now I know both Sinister and Apoc are on the QC but I was curious about the current state of the relationships between the three.
    So Apocalypse "created" Sinister in Victorian England in that he used his celestial tech to alter his genome to make him immortal and having a form of TK. He uses Apocalypses resources and tech to continue his work. He technically would be Apocalypses "prelate" vs Horseman. Given their history they are frenemies and allies of convenience given their most recent working situation.

Stryfe "gifted" Sinister the Summers genome work he was itching to get his fingers on, but that was actually the Legacy Virus and it wasn't intended to kill Sinister. Stryfe was a means to an end for Stryfe. Stryfe was raised by Apocalypse in the future. Stryfe has tried to kill Apocalypse in the past. He will try to do it again if given the chance. Stryfe as he has been written as an adult, is above both of them and would not work with them unless forced to.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    So Apocalypse "created" Sinister in Victorian England in that he used his celestial tech to alter his genome to make him immortal and having a form of TK. He uses Apocalypses resources and tech to continue his work. He technically would be Apocalypses "prelate" vs Horseman. Given their history they are frenemies and allies of convenience given their most recent working situation.

Stryfe "gifted" Sinister the Summers genome work he was itching to get his fingers on, but that was actually the Legacy Virus and it wasn't intended to kill Sinister. Stryfe was a means to an end for Stryfe. Stryfe was raised by Apocalypse in the future. Stryfe has tried to kill Apocalypse in the past. He will try to do it again if given the chance. Stryfe as he has been written as an adult, is above both of them and would not work with them unless forced to.
    Damn I'd say you nailed it
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

Thanks AF, but then again who would know more about the ends and outs of Stryfe's life than a member of the clan that raised young Cable.

I would love to see the krakoan version of sinister meet up with him again though. I could see him being a bit like a demonic fairy godmother to him and Stryfe has always craved a parental figure