Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post
    I thought the whole point of Death Metal and the Omniverse was to get rid of Crises forever?
    That is what I thought Final Crisis was supposed to be. What with it being "final" and all that.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Amazing Member

You forgot "Most Darkest Metal Crisis" and "The Final Ultimate Darkest Crisis Crisis"

Quote Originally Posted by westphillypunisher View Post
    i'd roll with that!
    yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssss love it .

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    house of crisis
    yesssssssssssssssssssssssssss love it.lol

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I wonder if/how soon DC will decide to ditch the Bendis version of the LoSH and have a big event to bring back the "real" Legion?

So they've said.

But I also thought a description changed it from Alan looking for other JSA members to Alan looking for a missing Jade?
    They would have to bring back the pre-Crisis Superboy first.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    They would have to bring back the pre-Crisis Superboy first.
    OR, they could bring back the post-CoIE / pre-Infinite Crisis version of the LoSH where Superboy came from a "pocket universe"!

I guess there was some left over “Crisis energy” or whatever that ridiculous bullish!t was.

Hey DC, I'll create the set-up for you: Kal-El's Legion shows up, but Superman obviously doesn't know them anymore. They set in motion the warnings of things that have been going wrong for a long time, centering upon the systematic and deliberate breakdown of the real Superman's relevance to the universe. With tons of problems fanning out from that one thing. Job is to fix it.

Doesn't get any more meta than that but its all true so roll with it.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Hey DC, I'll create the set-up for you: Kal-El's Legion shows up, but Superman obviously doesn't know them anymore. They set in motion the warnings of things that have been going wrong for a long time, centering upon the systematic and deliberate breakdown of the real Superman's relevance to the universe. With tons of problems fanning out from that one thing. Job is to fix it.

Doesn't get any more meta than that but its all true so roll with it.
    Isn't that basically "Doomsday Clock?" Johns used that series to bring the Legion back. It just happened at a time when Johns was becoming less relevant to the comics and then they gave the Legion to Bendis.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    In this case, "real" must be understanding like the most dearest or the one which was more sucessfull. I must add, than until know, Bendisboot legion it has been the Legion with the shortest publication history.
    Another reboot (it is a joke itself), I will said in 2024, for the Zero Hour 30 years celebration?
    Funny enough, Bendis just teased Legion coming back on his instagram account yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonpiece View Post
    funny enough, bendis just teased legion coming back on his instagram account yesterday.
    noooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Isn't that basically "Doomsday Clock?" Johns used that series to bring the Legion back. It just happened at a time when Johns was becoming less relevant to the comics and then they gave the Legion to Bendis.
    Pretty much yeah. I have lots of issues with how Johns handles Superman in general, however I was okay with this ending as it pertained to the DCU and how it functioned. By that point it read to me as his personal out for 5G that DC could feel free and collect on should they want/need to later. Although honestly at this point I'd just do a complete and total reboot. I'm fully of the opinion the continuity is broken beyond repair. Hell I thought that 2011 and in the ten years since its gotten way worse.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-06-2021 at 04:36 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Pretty much yeah. I have lots of issues with how Johns handles Superman in general, however I was okay with this ending as it pertained to the DCU and how it functioned. By that point it read to me as his personal out for 5G that DC could feel free and collect on should they want/need to later. Although honestly at this point I'd just do a complete and total reboot. I'm fully of the opinion the continuity is broken beyond repair. Hell I thought that 2011 and in the ten years since its gotten way worse.
    Why does continuity matter that much? I think "emotional continuity" is more important. Knowing that the characters have experienced all the periods we saw them experience, in one way or another. What does it matter which villain first united the Justice League? Heck, the last reboot ruined the Young Justice generation. They are stuck in the same place they were in 10 years ago when they had a perfect chance to grow into new roles.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Funny enough, Bendis just teased Legion coming back on his instagram account yesterday.
    I will wait for an official announcement. Just after that I will desperate.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Does that mean Bendis is relaunching the book? Or is he just plugging the fact that there's plans for Saturn Girl to show up in Superman: Son of Kal-El?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman