Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Why do they always think people need "explanations" for any of that anyway. Does anyone really care about why Batman still looks young. Make good stories and that's it, who cares how long those heroes have been around or "why", "how" or "where" this and that thing from 40 years ago "really" happened.
    I could understand the desire to make things "easier to understand" if every time they tried it they didn't **** up things even more.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

This isn't about continuity, rebooting the DC universe or any of that garbage. This is just another blatant money grab, putting out blather and overwrought nonsense the bean counters KNOW lemmings will buy. Period. Full stop. End of story.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    BC is reporting that DC is planning yet another Crisis type event for next year:

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/dc-c...event-in-2023/
    God forbid, I am DONE with Crisis events after the dumpster fire called Death Metal.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    This isn't about continuity, rebooting the DC universe or any of that garbage. This is just another blatant money grab, putting out blather and overwrought nonsense the bean counters KNOW lemmings will buy. Period. Full stop. End of story.
    Marvel has about 4 of these a year, I can't fault DC for trying having one every 4 years.

Problem is not DC doing some big crossover, problem is that it is, most likely, going to be about CONTINUITY again.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kane View Post
    Alright, here's the list of the titles we've gotten and the ones that haven't been used yet:

Crisis on Infinite Earths: Used
    Infinite Crisis: Used
    Identity Crisis: Used
    Final Crisis: Used
    Heroes in Crisis: Used
    Infinity Crisis: Unused
    Time Crisis: Unused
    Crisis of the Gods: Unused
    Crisis Reborn: Unused
    Curse of the Crises: Unused
    Batman vs. Superman: Crisis: TBA
    Darker Metal Crisis: TBA
    Darkest Metal Crisis: TBA
    Fullmetal Crisis: TBA
    Crysis 4: TBA
    DC vs. Mortal Kombat: Crisis: TBA
    Geoff Johns and Alex Ross Presents: C R I S I S: TBA
    Actually, "Time Crisis" already sort of happened.

Notice the sub-title below "Zero Hour".

is it a "crisis" event or is it just an event? considering it's coming from a BC article I'm less inclined to pay this much mind. we'll see.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

House of Crisis

If it got rid of everything that's happened to Superman since like...forever, I'd take a big uninspired Crisis as the price to pay.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-05-2021 at 02:37 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I think “Crisis” just means “another linewide event” which is unsurprising. If they do one next year it will be two years since Death Metal which is about what you’d expect.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I think “Crisis” just means “another linewide event” which is unsurprising. If they do one next year it will be two years since Death Metal which is about what you’d expect.
    Really? It feels like a few months ago.

I’ll wait before I make any judgments, Crisis is just kind of a buzz word at this point and honestly I’d rather wait and see who is the creative and what the potential concept is. For all we know it could be awesome but we know nothing so let’s wait.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    My thoughts exactly.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

It's Bleeding Cool. I'll wait until we get something more concrete.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    That's what it's about for DC, but not the fans. Isn't the reason it makes money the idea that "this story explains things and resets the universe so you need to pick this up to see it happen and understand what is happening going forward in this shared universe?" It's the carrot at the end of the stick. I don't think it's the quality of the stories or that it's going to be a great spotlight for their fav character. (other than the trinity) Any other linewide crossover they can think of simply won't have the repercussions of a Crisis. Like how weddings and baby births were always big episodes for sitcoms that traditionally always returned to the status quo after 22 minutes - this story actually changes things!