Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Red Sonja is casted

Well they casted Hannah John-Kamen to play Sonja. What do you guys think? Is she the wrong choice? I just hope it's good

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Well they casted Hannah John-Kamen to play Sonja. What do you guys think? Is she the wrong choice? I just hope it's good
    I think the character/concept is outdated, but I didn't read Simone's run which supposedly tweaked her origin. I'll watch anyway, grew up reading her comics.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Jessica Biel was the only one that would have interested me.

What is it with redheads and dark-skinned performers ?

Although in all seriousness I don't see them not dyeing her hair otherwise the name doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Although in all seriousness I don't see them not dyeing her hair otherwise the name doesn't work.
    I guess she can just were a lot of red? Lol

Natural red hair in non-biracial Africans is fairly common.

Malcolm X was a red head. His nickname was "Red" even.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ultimate Member

How does she count as dark-skinned?

She was awesome as Dutch on "Killjoys." My initial thought was that she's better than this considering the character is mostly just known for wearing a metal bikini, but after my initial prejudices, I'm sure the filmmakers have more in mind and I hope it's successful for her sake.

Too bad we never got to see the Robert Rodriguez/Rose McGowan film they had wanted to make - that could have been fun. Another Rose that I think could have been a good choice is Rose Leslie - she was almost playing Red Sonja already on Game of Thrones - just with more clothes.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

"Darkskinned"? She's literally whitepassing.

december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

i am so confused. in the past, religious nutters went against body exposure and sexual depictions. now it seems the cultural inquisition has been taken over by the so called left. it´d rather call them livestyle-left. they take the moral highground to make themselves feel better. what is wrong with blood, gore and sex in escapism? i am sure educated citizens can cope with that.
    spartacus was a massive hit in dvd sales and streaming. there is a market
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    "Darkskinned"? She's literally whitepassing.

yeah....she is not at all darkskinned
    she's a lot lighter than I am, and I have light brown skin with golden overtone
    I have slightly more SubSaharan African ancestry that she has
    I am a little over half SubSaharan African

she looks far more European than SubSaharan African
    her mother is Norwegian, and her father is Nigerian
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Really? Why just her?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Is she a good actress? She went from being a promising young actress to be known as the wife of Justin Timberlake.

Astonishing Member

I play the party pooper on that.

I guess it will be all wire action, fast cuts where you cannot see anything going on and the wrong kind of music for a movie like that. Then they decide to make it a funny movie, like Marvel does and try to be as lgtb and feministic as possible. The actress will not show any muscles, instead she is just thin with a sword that she couldn't even handle with arms like a tooth pick. And everything around her is made of bad cgi, not even a real landscape seen, because it would be too hard to visit real places in the world and film them.

I wish for an Arnold Conan movie experience, just with Red Sonja in it and not a bomb like Conan (Ralf Möller or Jason Momoa). I want them to kill, swear and ****.

Ah, a guy can dream

Oh, i forgot, there will be slow motion, lots of slow motion and computer generated blood, that looks like Heinz Ketchup.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    I play the party pooper on that.

I guess it will be all wire action, fast cuts where you cannot see anything going on and the wrong kind of music for a movie like that. Then they decide to make it a funny movie, like Marvel does and try to be as lgtb and feministic as possible. The actress will not show any muscles, instead she is just thin with a sword that she couldn't even handle with arms like a tooth pick. And everything around her is made of bad cgi, not even a real landscape seen, because it would be too hard to visit real places in the world and film them.

I wish for an Arnold Conan movie experience, just with Red Sonja in it and not a bomb like Conan (Ralf Möller or Jason Momoa). I want them to kill, swear and ****.

Ah, a guy can dream

Oh, i forgot, there will be slow motion, lots of slow motion and computer generated blood, that looks like Heinz Ketchup.
    Since when did people suddenly like muscular women?