Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 115
  1. #1
    Extraordinary Member AmiMizuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,983

    Default Red Sonja is casted

    Well they casted Hannah John-Kamen to play Sonja. What do you guys think? Is she the wrong choice? I just hope it's good

  2. #2
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,789

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Well they casted Hannah John-Kamen to play Sonja. What do you guys think? Is she the wrong choice? I just hope it's good
    I think the character/concept is outdated, but I didn't read Simone's run which supposedly tweaked her origin. I'll watch anyway, grew up reading her comics.

  3. #3
    Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,624

    Default

    Jessica Biel was the only one that would have interested me.

  4. #4
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    67,349

    Default

    What is it with redheads and dark-skinned performers ?

    Although in all seriousness I don't see them not dyeing her hair otherwise the name doesn't work.

  5. #5
    the devil's reject choptop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    4,502

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Jessica Biel was the only one that would have interested me.
    Really? Why just her?

  6. #6
    the devil's reject choptop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    4,502

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What is it with redheads and dark-skinned performers ?

    Although in all seriousness I don't see them not dyeing her hair otherwise the name doesn't work.
    I guess she can just were a lot of red? Lol

  7. #7
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    11,869

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What is it with redheads and dark-skinned performers ?

    Although in all seriousness I don't see them not dyeing her hair otherwise the name doesn't work.
    Natural red hair in non-biracial Africans is fairly common.

    Malcolm X was a red head. His nickname was "Red" even.

  8. #8
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,647

    Default

    Unexpected choice. But she’s a good actress, so I’m cool with it. She’s played badasses before as well.

    I hope the movie is Rated-R as well.

  9. #9
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    9,734

    Default

    I hope she will get in shape for the role.

  10. #10
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,854

    Default

    What a pleasant surprise, hope they don't change the costume. Amy Chu had a pretty good run on Sonja a few years back. Maybe they'll base it off that.

  11. #11
    the devil's reject choptop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    4,502

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I hope she will get in shape for the role.
    What? You say that like she's currently out of shape?

  12. #12
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    9,734

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    What? You say that like she's currently out of shape?
    No, I'm not saying she's out of shape. It would be nice if she gets some muscle tone or at the very least gain an athletic looking build for the role.

  13. #13
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    67,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    What a pleasant surprise, hope they don't change the costume. Amy Chu had a pretty good run on Sonja a few years back. Maybe they'll base it off that.
    The costume's probably going to be a sticking point for this movie, I feel.

  14. #14
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    7,725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What is it with redheads and dark-skinned performers ?

    Although in all seriousness I don't see them not dyeing her hair otherwise the name doesn't work.
    How does she count as dark-skinned?

  15. #15
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The costume's probably going to be a sticking point for this movie, I feel.
    I can see some updates but if they go the chick in a trashbag route...I don't think it's gonna work.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •