Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I can see the chainmail bikini pop up as an Easter egg. Wear it to seduce someone, see it somewhere and make a snarky remark about it.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    But should it still be a thing?
    It seems like part of the characters popularity, so why not?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    I play the party pooper on that.

I guess it will be all wire action, fast cuts where you cannot see anything going on and the wrong kind of music for a movie like that. Then they decide to make it a funny movie, like Marvel does and try to be as lgtb and feministic as possible. The actress will not show any muscles, instead she is just thin with a sword that she couldn't even handle with arms like a tooth pick. And everything around her is made of bad cgi, not even a real landscape seen, because it would be too hard to visit real places in the world and film them.

I wish for an Arnold Conan movie experience, just with Red Sonja in it and not a bomb like Conan (Ralf Möller or Jason Momoa). I want them to kill, swear and ****.

Ah, a guy can dream

Oh, i forgot, there will be slow motion, lots of slow motion and computer generated blood, that looks like Heinz Ketchup.
    Since when did people suddenly like muscular women?

I think they should cast a female pro wrestler as Red Sonja. I nominate Ronda Rousey. She's got the right build for this role.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    I think they should cast a female pro wrestler as Red Sonja. I nominate Ronda Rousey. She's got the right build for this role.
    I don't see why people keep wanting to cast her in things just because she has muscles. From what I've seen, she's a bad actress. Get a good actress first and they can hire a trainer. Look at Chris Pratt or Natalie Portman, etc... And if an actress's build is the most important thing, then Rousey is wrong anyway because she doesn't have the cup size to fill out that metal bikini. (which is the wrong way to think, is my point just to be clear)

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Is she a good actress? She went from being a promising young actress to be known as the wife of Justin Timberlake.
    I think she mostly moved from film to TV, also doing more producing.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

On the subject of the bikini, this was how Sonja was dressed the first time I read a story with her in:

I do understand people who think that the metal bikini look is a big part of her identity, though. Frankly, when it comes to comic characters, the look of a character is frequently what draws you to said character. Change the look too much, or too many character elements, and you risk alienating the fanbase, or creating a rift in the fanbase.

I remember when I was a kid I saw there was a Wonder Woman film on tv, so I excitedly switched on to see that comic-book brought to life. Instead what I got was this:

It just wasn't her.

With Red Sonja, I don't know if the character is iconic enough for that to matter. I've known her since getting a Marvel Annual as a kid, but I'm not a big fan or anything; I'm actually more of a fan of Hannah John-Kamen, who was one of the best things about Killjoys (and I wonder if she has more fans than Sonja?). I suspect that the movie's success or failure will not fall on whether it is accurate to the comic or not, it's going to be if the general pubic are interested in seeing it, and if it is entertaining.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I don't see why people keep wanting to cast her in things just because she has muscles. From what I've seen, she's a bad actress. Get a good actress first and they can hire a trainer. Look at Chris Pratt or Natalie Portman, etc... And if an actress's build is the most important thing, then Rousey is wrong anyway because she doesn't have the cup size to fill out that metal bikini. (which is the wrong way to think, is my point just to be clear)
    For some reason the internet suddenly began demanding female action heroes be muscular, I think some time around when Gal Gadot was cast as Wonder Woman, at least from what I've seen. I don't know why.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    For some reason the internet suddenly began demanding female action heroes be muscular, I think some time around when Gal Gadot was cast as Wonder Woman, at least from what I've seen. I don't know why.
    The character is a warrior. It's nice if they look the part. Male stars put in the work to gain the physiques that their roles demand. Why can the women put in that same level of work?

They aren't going to do the bikini/scantily clad look (except as a gag.) As long as he looks like an ancient warrior and bad ass, she'll be fine.

I just hope they don't Xena-ize her like Wonder Woman in the big screen.

I'd be happy if they don't battle skirt her.

But I really don't care about the looks, I just want her to be bad-ass.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The character is a warrior. It's nice if they look the part. Male stars put in the work to gain the physiques that their roles demand. Why can the women put in that same level of work?
    Because if they do a bunch of people will complain they're too "Manly". Plus a lot of what male stars do is excessive and probably not necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

What does Xena-ize mean?

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

I expect more of a mail loincloth type thing, where her legs are still out but she's still more covered than just wearing bikini bottoms.

What does Xena-ize mean?
    Battle skirt. Hence the WW comparison.

Because if they do a bunch of people will complain they're too "Manly". Plus a lot of what male stars do is excessive and probably not necessary.

What does Xena-ize mean?
    Manly? No one is asking these women to become bodybuilders for their roles. Getting to the level of a typical athlete is good enough.