Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Mayans MC

Ultimate Member

Default The Mayans MC

Better late than never

What's everyone's thoughts? I like this season focusing more on the Club members, but the outside threads seem to be basically resetting.

Galindo has returned to being a nominal ally. Adelita is back to being an enemy of Galindo. Coco's plot feels like a retreat of Juice's from SoA. Steve's end, I both did and did not see coming.

Still like the show, but it feels like they oughta be doing more.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Better late than never

What's everyone's thoughts? I like this season focusing more on the Club members, but the outside threads seem to be basically resetting.

Galindo has returned to being a nominal ally. Adelita is back to being an enemy of Galindo. Coco's plot feels like a retreat of Juice's from SoA. Steve's end, I both did and did not see coming.

Still like the show, but it feels like they oughta be doing more.
    whaaaa they jam-packed soooo much into this ONE season post Sutter's departure, what more could they possibly do besides bring back Zombie Dita? lol

Agreed about Coco. But with Steve gone, and the whole club feeling really bad about it, maybe they'll let him back in. I mean...there's a spot again.

What's the over/under on Gaby getting killed in the season finale next week? Usually "let's run away!" never goes well.

Palo patched in? Ooh boy. And yeah, where is David?

What do you think will happen with Angle/Nails/Hank? My guess: Adelita returns, Angel leaves Nails but promises to be there for the baby, Hank continues being the lovesick friend for Nails.

I have no idea how the Alvarez conflict of conscience will turn out. I do remember saying to myself during his speech to his wife, "Yeah, agreed, too bad Esai couldn't be here. Cause, you know, you had Happy kill him."

Gallindo: I think the only time he'll get the whole truth about his mother's death/parentage is when his power is nerfed by...whatever Palo has going with El Banquero.

Interesting because it's hard to tell where it is headed.

Another chapter winds up minding the connection for the drug trade? Not sure how much of a show that there is after that.

Adelita has settled on just going Kill Bill? Not sure how much of a show that there is after that.

Never mind that it is starting to get tough to buy into that no one suspects Coco, and that there have not been any serious consequences for him. Heck, it sounds like he could play a central role in upcoming plans.

El Palo is basically setting up a cartel war. Cause Miguel isn't going to just let a rival take over without a fight. Palo is hoping Mayans, namely Taza's chapter, gets killed in the crossfire. He's basically playing both/all sides here.

That may be what Adelita wants (I think she's full blown insane at this point thanks to her time as Potter's prisoner) doesn't mean that's what she's gonna get. It may backfire miserably.

Again I don't get the point of Coco's storyline here. Unless he comes clean and the Mayans works off their collective steam/grief over Steve and blows that entire trailer park away.

I wonder how much Emily remembers. Doesn't matter, Miguel can play off his "I'm sorry!"'s by saying he thought she committed suicide.

Curious as to how Felipe will figure into the finale. But remember earlier when Miguel confronted him, Felipe told him some half truths about Dita that he believed, and then they hugged? Awkward for Miguel since he hugged him tight and longer than what is appropriate, lol, but heart breaking for Felipe since he knew he was hugging his son but couldn't tell him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post

That may be what Adelita wants (I think she's full blown insane at this point thanks to her time as Potter's prisoner) doesn't mean that's what she's gonna get. It may backfire miserably.

Look at what she did with a handful of children who were on the fence about what they were doing.

She may be the most dangerous piece on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Look at what she did with a handful of children who were on the fence about what they were doing.

She may be the most dangerous piece on the board.
    Unless Danny Pino is leaving, no, it won't work, most dangerous piece or not. Its just a question of what will happen leading up to it and it how it'll go wrong. I get the feeling Angel will somehow be involved.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    whaaaa they jam-packed soooo much into this ONE season post Sutter's departure, what more could they possibly do besides bring back Zombie Dita? lol

Agreed about Coco. But with Steve gone, and the whole club feeling really bad about it, maybe they'll let him back in. I mean...there's a spot again.

What's the over/under on Gaby getting killed in the season finale next week? Usually "let's run away!" never goes well.

Palo patched in? Ooh boy. And yeah, where is David?

What do you think will happen with Angle/Nails/Hank? My guess: Adelita returns, Angel leaves Nails but promises to be there for the baby, Hank continues being the lovesick friend for Nails.

I have no idea how the Alvarez conflict of conscience will turn out. I do remember saying to myself during his speech to his wife, "Yeah, agreed, too bad Esai couldn't be here. Cause, you know, you had Happy kill him."

Gallindo: I think the only time he'll get the whole truth about his mother's death/parentage is when his power is nerfed by...whatever Palo has going with El Banquero.
    More is a poor choice of words, perhaps. Progress might be a better one.

The Resistance seems to be back to hating Galindo, who himself is barely doing anything. Potter's influence has oddly vanished, and Bishop's push to be the MC head is about the only real forward plot development that we've seen.

More is a poor choice of words, perhaps. Progress might be a better one.

The Resistance seems to be back to hating Galindo, who himself is barely doing anything. Potter's influence has oddly vanished, and Bishop's push to be the MC head is about the only real forward plot development that we've seen.
    Without a smoking gun (no pun intended given the nature of the show ), we can only speculate, but I'm guessing Potter, Chucky, the Los Olvidados/Galindo alliance and the theme song were all Sutter's idea. He's gone, they're gone. Could be a coincidence, could be direct result (the current show runners didn't want to deal with it). Glad Chucky got an off-screen happy ending though.

Until we get an interview saying so we'll never know for sure. But unless I'm missing something, the only thing we have is this, Angel's actor saying its like night and day with Sutter gone. "It's like the best thing that could have ever happened for the show."

Hmm...

I think the Los Olvidados/Galindo truce should have endured, but the rest I kinda like as it currently is. I do wonder how much mileage is in Galindo going mad and slowly losing control, though. I'm guessing his arc is to lose his empire and then slowly rebuild it with the Mayans help somehow.

I also think what they're doing is showing Bishop is a good leader for the interim, not the long term. I think there should be one "king", not sure it should be him. Now I'm wondering if they're setting up a weird scenario where EZ will be the "king".

Finally...POOR HANK. Three seasons to finally get a storyline and its this? Hate seeing dude constantly get his heart broken by Nails.

Ultimate Member

I didn't expect Chucky to hang around after the Mayans killed an SOA, but it's kinda odd to ignore the prior season's main plots, lol

Ultimate Member

So what did everyone think of the season finale?

All I can say is, if they hadn't renewed it, I would have rioted, lol

So what did everyone think of the season finale?

All I can say is, if they hadn't renewed it, I would have rioted, lol
    Oh I saw it:

*Damn you Felipe. That's...that's effed up. But now I see what Dita saw in him. Also, I hope that isn't the end of Gaby.

*The return of Potter. But now I'm wondering if his demoted underling (Mirror Mistress on Flash) is playing some sort of end game here. She tried to cover her bases by saying "Don't believe Potter's lies" cause she knew the first thing Potter would bring up is Adelita's baby isn't dead. Now Adelita is back in Potter's back pocket. Sigh.

*Miguel on the run. Kinda curious how that's gonna turn out. Love how Emily told him she's not running with him.

*I doubt Bishop killed Taza, probably shot him in the shoulder or something.

*Good riddance Palo, but what has he started with that rival cartel?

*Damn Canche is hard to kill. Guess he's gonna be the recurring villain for a while.

* I really hope that's the end of the Meth Mountain (lol that name) storyline. That's the best they could come up with for Coco the whole season? So next season is Coco and Hope trying, failing, and trying again to play house? With Leticia in the middle. Fun.

*Wait, are EZ and Emily "endgame" as the kids say? Damn I hate those two together...

Gotta say...

The only thing that I successfully saw coming?

Adelita and who she went after.

Pretty interested in just where it goes from here.

Never mind how Marcus/Nestor fit into the bigger picture from here on out.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Never mind how Marcus/Nestor fit into the bigger picture from here on out.
    Marcus and Nestor watching Galindo's lose everything:

Two interesting facts about the woman who played Dita, Miguel's mother.

1) She was in all three seasons of the short-lived "Empty Nest" spinoff "Nurses"
    2) She's married to the actor who played Devante Cano