Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Mayans MC

Ultimate Member

So...the finale.

What did everyone think?

I'll be honest, I only read a spoiler filled summary. And I'm still glad that I largely left when they killed Coco.

I forgot this thread even existed! I could have been talking about the show here this whole time...

I liked it. My only real complaint, and it might be a small one, but
    spoilers:
    EZ and Angel never learning Miguel was their half-brother (same father).
    end of spoilers

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I forgot this thread even existed! I could have been talking about the show here this whole time...

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Just one of a dozen unresolved plotlines, really

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Just one of a dozen unresolved plotlines, really
    A few I wanted resolved personally:

-Letty finding out Coco killed his own mom (whom she thought was her mom until she told her she was really her grandmother), thanks to Letty's lie
    -Miguel finding out Dita set him up to kill his own wife
    -What exactly Felipe said to get out of Miguel killing him, cause "I'm your real dad" wouldn't have been enough. Miguel wanted revenge for Dita's death. Whatever he said gave him peace enough to stop trying to kill the brothers AND start helping them covertly (the deal with Soledad).
    -Kinda gruesome, but...what did Mini do with Adelita's body after she killed her?

More thoughts than unresolved plotlines (spoiler tags for the 2-3 folks who watched Mayans around here):
    spoilers:

-So the Sons just won't ever find Montez's body? Well if that barrel of salt is still on the grounds the ATF agents will find it, probably...
    -So Taza just gets away scott free, huh? Actually, he's technically the last Mayan alive, from that charter that is. Technically. He wanted to come back but it was vetoed. Angel quit/was excommunicated, Alvarez killswitched. With no one left alive or an active member to contradict him, he can say he was voted back in and join a different charter.
    -They probably should have done a flashback with Guero and Ibarra interacting together, cause a loooot of folks on other boards kinda stayed confused as to who Guerro was.
    -What happened to Officer Rogan (played by Edwin Hodge)? I guess he was one of the character Elgin James got rid of when he took over from Sutter so that one isn't a bigger.
    -The Broken Angels...they....they have to realize the Sons (Isaac's charter) came, torched everything and killed two of them plus the Cook, AFTER Letty disappeared. They have to. Also is their leader dead or recovering from a beatdown? I can't see them killing one of their own, so they probably beat tf out of her for bringing "death and destruction" (EZ/Mayans) to their doorstep.
    -Speaking of Broken Angels...who was "Mother"?
    -Soledad tasked Luisa with killing EZ. She didn't. So Soledad is like "eh I tried" and not send someone else?
    -Needed more Grim Bastards. I'd love for "part 3" to be all about Grim Bastards, but I think with Sutter gone FX/Disney wanted to put an end to the "Sutterverse".
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Nate Grey; 07-21-2023 at 12:12 PM. Reason: spoiler tags, just in case

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    On that spoiler...

spoilers:
    Might be worth it to take a second look at the scene where Ezekiel sends Miguel on his way. To me, it looked a whole lot like Angel caught the picture that Miguel was holding. That was just way back on the list of things Angel needed to deal with.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    On that spoiler...

spoilers:
    Might be worth it to take a second look at the scene where Ezekiel sends Miguel on his way. To me, it looked a whole lot like Angel caught the picture that Miguel was holding. That was just way back on the list of things Angel needed to deal with.
    end of spoilers
    No I caught it, but I don't think it was enough for Angel to connect the dots, his face was more like "wtf/why does he have that".

Stuff like that needs to be explicitly stated, no one is going to make the jump spoilers:
    "Whoa you're my half brother???"
    end of spoilers

But, in retrospect, what would he do with that information? Surely news would get back to him that spoilers:
    Miguel is now dead. So he has one dead full brother and now a frenemy that he'll never get to know as a half brother cause he's dead too. It would be one more thing to weigh on him, and his focus needs to be exclusively raising Marverick.
    end of spoilers

Ultimate Member

In general, I wish I knew what happened in the writing room when Sutter got fired.

The season 1 setup seemed to be the Cartel, Mayans and this vague Rebellion joining forces to screw over Potter...

...then nothing. Things fell apart off screen, civil war, etc.

It feels like season 1 never ended, and just kept going and going...

To me, I wound up with one thing that was almost impossible to set aside when it came to suspension of disbelief.

Go to the trouble of showy ATF raid, and leave two members of that chapter who could probably implicate Potter if someone got to them out there alive?

That's just a really serious loose end.