Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 61 to 71 of 71
  1. #61
    Incredible Member Largo161's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes, Seasons 2 & 3 went downhill. Season 3 is so bad that they aired and list the last 3-4 episodes out-or-order.
    One CBS episode I recall enjoying quite a bit was called “Light Fingered Lady”. I think it was from S2 and had Greg Morris in a guest role. Diana went undercover as some kind of thief. I need to look that one up and see if it still works for me.

    “Girl From Ilandia” was another one I liked.
    I only support clay origins.

  2. #62
    Extraordinary Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    One CBS episode I recall enjoying quite a bit was called “Light Fingered Lady”. I think it was from S2 and had Greg Morris in a guest role. Diana went undercover as some kind of thief. I need to look that one up and see if it still works for me.

    “Girl From Ilandia” was another one I liked.
    Each season had 1 or 2 episodes like The Girl from Ilandia. For me, they were not good but better than "the regular" episodes, since we got to see a little different superpowered action.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]


    "Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

  3. #63
    The Comixeur Mel Dyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    One CBS episode I recall enjoying quite a bit was called “Light Fingered Lady”. I think it was from S2 and had Greg Morris in a guest role. Diana went undercover as some kind of thief. I need to look that one up and see if it still works for me.

    “Girl From Ilandia” was another one I liked.
    Loved “Girl From Ilandia”! Loved that her name was Amadonna, easily shortened to 'Donna'.
    CRISIS ON INFINITE ORIGINS OF THE SUPERFLUOUS, MISSING MISTER WONDER...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

  4. #64
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Does anyone remember if ABC renewed for season two they were going to introduced Nubia there was even a doll made of her back in the 70's?

  5. #65
    The Comixeur Mel Dyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy1977 View Post
    Does anyone remember if ABC renewed for season two they were going to introduced Nubia there was even a doll made of her back in the 70's?
    The Nubia episode was to air on ABC, with TNOWW set in the 1940s. A fellow con-fan was told she was written out of a popular episode - never got any confirmation of that and don't believe it.

    Let me add this...I have written Jayne Kennedy's and Lynda Carter's websites - Lynda's Twitter, also - about the casting of Get Christie Love's Teresa Graves being cast, as Nubia, and neither shot down the story. That doesn't mean Jayne or Joan Pringle weren't cast or strongly considered, before execs decided on Teresa Graves. All the best known sources say Jayne Kennedy's connection to the show came, after it was picked up, by CBS, and became TNAWW.

    Maybe, one reason Nubia never made it to the show was none of these actresses was ever settled on, before ABC cancelled. While she was the highest paid black actor, male or female, at ABC in '75, ..the fact that Teresa Graves was being considered, at the time NOWW was dropped, never convinced me that she was favored or the final pick to play Nubia.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 05-27-2021 at 07:02 PM.
    CRISIS ON INFINITE ORIGINS OF THE SUPERFLUOUS, MISSING MISTER WONDER...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

  6. #66
    Mighty Member Enigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,945

    Default

    Nubia is in Wonder Woman but not known as Nubia until the Bionic Woman comic book. Personally, I wasn't keen on it. I won't spoil who she is.
    ďWe have a saying, my people. Donít kill if you can wound, donít wound if you can subdue, donít subdue if you can pacify, and donít raise your hand at all until youíve first extended it.Ē

  7. #67
    Incredible Member wonder39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Nubia is in Wonder Woman but not known as Nubia until the Bionic Woman comic book. Personally, I wasn't keen on it. I won't spoil who she is.
    Well, in that specific continuity.... that's not the tv show continuity, technically speaking��

  8. #68
    Mighty Member Enigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    Well, in that specific continuity.... that's not the tv show continuity, technically speaking��
    My understanding is that the comic series is a continuation of the TV show. Is there something specific that makes you think otherwise?
    ďWe have a saying, my people. Donít kill if you can wound, donít wound if you can subdue, donít subdue if you can pacify, and donít raise your hand at all until youíve first extended it.Ē

  9. #69
    Incredible Member wonder39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    My understanding is that the comic series is a continuation of the TV show. Is there something specific that makes you think otherwise?
    Well, it wasn't written by the tv writers or produced or made into episodes. The show ended. We don't know how or what they would gave done had the show continued.

    So while the comic is based off the tv show continuity that had been created, i wouldn't refer to it as " official", but it as it's own continuity.

    Much the way the comic returned to " Earth Two" during the 70s to reflect the World War Two era of the show, but actually varied greatly from Earth Two continuity. It was sort of it's own thing.

  10. #70
    Mighty Member Enigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    Well, it wasn't written by the tv writers or produced or made into episodes. The show ended. We don't know how or what they would gave done had the show continued.

    So while the comic is based off the tv show continuity that had been created, i wouldn't refer to it as " official", but it as it's own continuity.

    Much the way the comic returned to " Earth Two" during the 70s to reflect the World War Two era of the show, but actually varied greatly from Earth Two continuity. It was sort of it's own thing.
    Ah ok. I mean, I think it is technically an extension of that continuity, so it would be part of that canon officially whether we want it to be or not However, I do get what you're saying. In fact, in many ways I'm not massively keen on the WW 77 comics myself, so I can see the benefit of mentally separating them.

    I'm actually glad that the show itself ended because I wasn't keen on the change of location, or the random T. Burton Phipps III character.
    ďWe have a saying, my people. Donít kill if you can wound, donít wound if you can subdue, donít subdue if you can pacify, and donít raise your hand at all until youíve first extended it.Ē

  11. #71
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Nubia is in Wonder Woman but not known as Nubia until the Bionic Woman comic book. Personally, I wasn't keen on it. I won't spoil who she is.
    I Sooooooooo heart those books and the Might Mangels who always does amazing work!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •