Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 71
  1. #16
    Extraordinary Member Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    6,056

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexLyo View Post
    What are everyone's thoughts about the two main costumes? I actually prefer the season 1 costume to the one used for the 70s era, yet its the 70s era costume that I see depicted more often in other media and often wonder why.
    I think it's more because there's more episodes from season 2 and 3, so there's just more of the 70s costume.

    I like the first one but I prefer the chest emblem of the 70s version.

  2. #17
    Just crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    893

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexLyo View Post
    What are everyone's thoughts about the two main costumes? I actually prefer the season 1 costume to the one used for the 70s era, yet its the 70s era costume that I see depicted more often in other media and often wonder why.
    I thought the CBS costume (season 2 and 3) suited her better and from what interviews I have read, Lynda said the same. I think she or someone else made the remark about the bullet bra shaped costume in season 1 versus the other 2 seasons. It's been a while since I read something about that.

    Personally, she looks awesome in any of the outfits, but the 70's era would be my favorite to be sure.

  3. #18
    Incredible Member Largo161's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexLyo View Post
    What are everyone's thoughts about the two main costumes? I actually prefer the season 1 costume to the one used for the 70s era, yet its the 70s era costume that I see depicted more often in other media and often wonder why.
    I prefer the ABC costume. I prefer the ABC everything.

    I think the CBS costume gets more use because itís skimpier.
    I only support clay origins.

  4. #19
    Mighty Member signalman112's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,068

    Default

    13 Reasons to watch the WONDER WOMAN TV Show.

    https://13thdimension.com/13-great-r...n-show-ranked/

  5. #20
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    ...but the writers should have come up with better opponents even if they couldn't use her rogues gallery.
    Wait - they couldn't? Why?

  6. #21
    Incredible Member Largo161's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Wait - they couldn't? Why?
    I’ve never heard or read that the show was prohibited from using her comic villains.

    They did use The Baroness and Fausta—and Gargantua was obviously a riff on Giganta. I’d wager the primary reason we didn’t get many established rogues is because it was cheaper to use Nazis and evil businessmen instead of super-powered foes.
    I only support clay origins.

  7. #22
    Extraordinary Member Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    6,056

    Default

    The '77 series got some fun use of villains who never appeared in the show


  8. #23
    Just crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    893

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Wait - they couldn't? Why?
    I heard that there was licensing issues. But I can't say specifically from what interview or magazine I read that from, it would have to have been a pretty old one form the 70's or 80's.

  9. #24
    Moderator Nyssane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,743

    Default

    Fausta: The Nazi Wonder Woman is my favorite episode.

    I love Lynda Carter as WW and the overall feel of the TV show, but I didn't grow up with it so I don't have any nostalgia for it. It's kind of a slog to watch some of the episodes if I'm honest. I would've been far more invested had they used more of her rogues.

  10. #25
    Leftbrownie Alpha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    The '77 series got some fun use of villains who never appeared in the show

    Cheetah and Silver Swan. Who are the other 2 characters?

  11. #26
    Mighty Member I'm a Fish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    The Ocean
    Posts
    1,971

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Cheetah and Silver Swan. Who are the other 2 characters?
    Cyber and Psycho

  12. #27
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    132

    Default

    I can't believe they didn't use cheetah she didn't even have powers back then. you couldn't just get a cheetah print costume,?

  13. #28
    Mighty Member I'm a Fish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    The Ocean
    Posts
    1,971

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious View Post
    I can't believe they didn't use cheetah she didn't even have powers back then. you couldn't just get a cheetah print costume,?
    Cheetah wasn't the star rouge she is today until the combination of Super Friends and Perez. They honestly just probably didn't think of her.

    Would have been nice to see a version of Cheetah in the show though.

  14. #29
    Extraordinary Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Cheetah wasn't the star rouge she is today until the combination of Super Friends and Perez. They honestly just probably didn't think of her.

    Would have been nice to see a version of Cheetah in the show though.
    mmmmm, that just seems sloppy, if it is true that they did not know about Cheetah. That is as bad a a TV show saying they have no money for wardrobe.

    Cheetah was in the comics as an enemy and they did do comic histroy research on WW.

    I think they really wanted to do their own take on WW. They seemed to want to stay away from the comics for the most part, and do a series that was not based on the comic villains per se, with the notable exceptions of Marsha, Paula von Gunter and Fausta Grables. 2 of these 3 were in the first 2 episodes and the 3rd was not long after. All were in the first season as well.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]


    "Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

  15. #30
    Mighty Member I'm a Fish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    The Ocean
    Posts
    1,971

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    mmmmm, that just seems sloppy, if it is true that they did not know about Cheetah. That is as bad a a TV show saying they have no money for wardrobe.

    Cheetah was in the comics as an enemy and they did do comic histroy research on WW.

    I think they really wanted to do their own take on WW. They seemed to want to stay away from the comics for the most part, and do a series that was not based on the comic villains per se, with the notable exceptions of Marsha, Paula von Gunter and Fausta Grables. 2 of these 3 were in the first 2 episodes and the 3rd was not long after. All were in the first season as well.
    It was also the Silver age and even though Cheetah survived the silver age, she was fairly scarce.

    And I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to do their own thing and just weren't interested in WW comic villains.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •