Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    It was also the Silver age and even though Cheetah survived the silver age, she was fairly scarce.

And I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to do their own thing and just weren't interested in WW comic villains.
    I would say we were squarely in the Bronze Age during the series run...but yes, Cheetah was scarce in the comics then.

Also agree that the CBS version was definitely doing its “own thing”. It quickly became more influenced by other TV shows and fads of the era than the WW mythos— much to its detriment IMO.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Cheetah wasn't the star rouge she is today until the combination of Super Friends and Perez. They honestly just probably didn't think of her.

Would have been nice to see a version of Cheetah in the show though.
    I imagine if they did a Cheetah it'd have been their own created version like how Wonder Girl wasn't Donna.

Mighty Member

If they did use Wonder Woman's rogues, do you feel that they could have possibly became household names? (i.e. the various villains from Batman '66). They did use Baroness von Gunther but alas she hasn't really had that much action... And I guess you won't get too many people interested in Dr. Solano like they would be King Tut...

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    If they did use Wonder Woman's rogues, do you feel that they could have possibly became household names? (i.e. the various villains from Batman '66). They did use Baroness von Gunther but alas she hasn't really had that much action... And I guess you won't get too many people interested in Dr. Solano like they would be King Tut...
    If they actually reoccurred? For the most part. They'd probably be used more in comics than they are now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Well, some of them are household names. And by some I mean Cheetah.

Ares is of course a household name already and because of the movie, most people know he's a villain of hers. Giganta miiiiight also be a household name...people know of her I think(?)

But yes, if the show used them as reoccurring villains, I do think more of her villains would be known household names.

Spectacular Member

I think they stayed away from Cheetah and other costumed villains from the comics because the producers were afraid the show would fall into the camp trappings of the Adam West “Batman” show. WW wasn’t played for laughs like “Batman” was and I guess they thought the costumed villains would be hard to take seriously.
    If you watch the second season, they did make an attempt to give her some kind of rogues gallery. The episodes with Marion Mariposa, Count Cogliostro, and Raymond Manta all make allusions that the villains had previous encounters with WW. But none of them ever returned for another episode.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Glad this thread is here. I've only just watched the first 3 episodes on HBO Max so I might avoid the other posts for now, but I do enjoy it and like noticing lots of details specific to that time period.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Glad this thread is here. I've only just watched the first 3 episodes on HBO Max so I might avoid the other posts for now, but I do enjoy it and like noticing lots of details specific to that time period.
    Happy watchings! I think you will enjoy it, especially season 1.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Just started S2 and wow the opening credits are so cheap compared to S1.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Yes, Season 1 was the best.

And I believe somewhere between ep 6 and 12 in Season 2 they stop the new animated opening segment and switch to the "live-action" shots.

Season 2 also does away with the full theme song when WW goes into action. They start with other singing it and then slowly to just some of the music.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes, Season 1 was the best.

And I believe somewhere between ep 6 and 12 in Season 2 they stop the new animated opening segment and switch to the "live-action" shots.

Season 2 also does away with the full theme song when WW goes into action. They start with other singing it and then slowly to just some of the music.
    Yeah its a shame at how much the budget appeared to be cut.

It is nice to see Diana react to the change in currency between S1&2. Awww and Jessica Walters, never noticed her during my old rewatches.

Yeah its a shame at how much the budget appeared to be cut.

It is nice to see Diana react to the change in currency between S1&2. Awww and Jessica Walters, never noticed her during my old rewatches.
    Yes! I loved Jessica in everything she did. I am glad she starred in WW.

It’s been years since my last rewatch. Maybe you can confirm something. In the ABC pilot movie they let WW use her fists. I think she delivered a right cross in three different scenes. But if memory serves she never punched anyone again throughout the series.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    It’s been years since my last rewatch. Maybe you can confirm something. In the ABC pilot movie they let WW use her fists. I think she delivered a right cross in three different scenes. But if memory serves she never punched anyone again throughout the series.
    Yes, you are correct, if memory serves me.

It had to do with a "non-violence" thing that they added to female shows, as on the Bionic Woman Lindsay Wagner's show too. Even Charlie's Angels fell prey, but being PIs, they werre allowed the occasional chop, punch, flip.