Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLyo View Post
    What are everyone's thoughts about the two main costumes? I actually prefer the season 1 costume to the one used for the 70s era, yet its the 70s era costume that I see depicted more often in other media and often wonder why.
    I think it's more because there's more episodes from season 2 and 3, so there's just more of the 70s costume.

I like the first one but I prefer the chest emblem of the 70s version.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

What are everyone's thoughts about the two main costumes? I actually prefer the season 1 costume to the one used for the 70s era, yet its the 70s era costume that I see depicted more often in other media and often wonder why.
    I thought the CBS costume (season 2 and 3) suited her better and from what interviews I have read, Lynda said the same. I think she or someone else made the remark about the bullet bra shaped costume in season 1 versus the other 2 seasons. It's been a while since I read something about that.

Personally, she looks awesome in any of the outfits, but the 70's era would be my favorite to be sure.

I prefer the ABC costume. I prefer the ABC everything.

I think the CBS costume gets more use because it’s skimpier.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

13 Reasons to watch the WONDER WOMAN TV Show.

https://13thdimension.com/13-great-r...n-show-ranked/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    ...but the writers should have come up with better opponents even if they couldn't use her rogues gallery.
    Wait - they couldn't? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    I’ve never heard or read that the show was prohibited from using her comic villains.

They did use The Baroness and Fausta—and Gargantua was obviously a riff on Giganta. I’d wager the primary reason we didn’t get many established rogues is because it was cheaper to use Nazis and evil businessmen instead of super-powered foes.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

The '77 series got some fun use of villains who never appeared in the show

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    I heard that there was licensing issues. But I can't say specifically from what interview or magazine I read that from, it would have to have been a pretty old one form the 70's or 80's.

Fausta: The Nazi Wonder Woman is my favorite episode.

I love Lynda Carter as WW and the overall feel of the TV show, but I didn't grow up with it so I don't have any nostalgia for it. It's kind of a slog to watch some of the episodes if I'm honest. I would've been far more invested had they used more of her rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    The '77 series got some fun use of villains who never appeared in the show

Cheetah and Silver Swan. Who are the other 2 characters?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Cheetah and Silver Swan. Who are the other 2 characters?
    Cyber and Psycho

Spectacular Member

I can't believe they didn't use cheetah she didn't even have powers back then. you couldn't just get a cheetah print costume,?

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious View Post
    I can't believe they didn't use cheetah she didn't even have powers back then. you couldn't just get a cheetah print costume,?
    Cheetah wasn't the star rouge she is today until the combination of Super Friends and Perez. They honestly just probably didn't think of her.

Would have been nice to see a version of Cheetah in the show though.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Cheetah wasn't the star rouge she is today until the combination of Super Friends and Perez. They honestly just probably didn't think of her.

Would have been nice to see a version of Cheetah in the show though.
    mmmmm, that just seems sloppy, if it is true that they did not know about Cheetah. That is as bad a a TV show saying they have no money for wardrobe.

Cheetah was in the comics as an enemy and they did do comic histroy research on WW.

I think they really wanted to do their own take on WW. They seemed to want to stay away from the comics for the most part, and do a series that was not based on the comic villains per se, with the notable exceptions of Marsha, Paula von Gunter and Fausta Grables. 2 of these 3 were in the first 2 episodes and the 3rd was not long after. All were in the first season as well.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    mmmmm, that just seems sloppy, if it is true that they did not know about Cheetah. That is as bad a a TV show saying they have no money for wardrobe.

Cheetah was in the comics as an enemy and they did do comic histroy research on WW.

I think they really wanted to do their own take on WW. They seemed to want to stay away from the comics for the most part, and do a series that was not based on the comic villains per se, with the notable exceptions of Marsha, Paula von Gunter and Fausta Grables. 2 of these 3 were in the first 2 episodes and the 3rd was not long after. All were in the first season as well.
    It was also the Silver age and even though Cheetah survived the silver age, she was fairly scarce.

And I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to do their own thing and just weren't interested in WW comic villains.