Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Retired

I have all three seasons on D.V.D.

I know nothing about H.D.--does this mean I have to scrap my old discs and buy new ones? Do I have to get a new computer screen, too? I'm not sure I'm missing anything by just watching what I have--given the quality of T.V. back when it came out was worse. They were actually making shows for that technology--which is why stunt doubles weren't as obvious. Seems to me, I'm seeing stuff on the old shows that I should not have seen. Maybe the technology is supplying more than what the show really needs.

I've finished the first season and I'm into the second season now. This is not a binge. I'm taking my time going through them.

I remember when they came out, the first several episodes didn't come out each week. So to call the first season a season is a bit of a misnomer. Sometimes there were months between episodes, sometime only days. It felt like these were T.V. specials, not a regular series.

Anyway, the second season is much worse--although I'm learning to enjoy it for what it is. Most episodes are just these spy stories, where Diana Prince is the main character. While this means we don't get to see a lot of Wonder Woman, we do get Lynda Carter being more herself, in contemporary clothing. It also seems that when she's Prince, she's strong and capable but not super-powered. She has to become Wonder Woman to display her full powers. However, I don't think this is consistent.

Something I always wondered in the comics and in this show is why she can appear as Diana Prince without bracelets, but as Wonder Woman she needs to wear bracelets at all times or bad things can happen.

As Diana Prince (at least in the show), WW actually changed into a mortal woman with normal stats. On the TV series, her bracelets can and have been removed with no ill effects. Different than the comics.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post

I know nothing about H.D.--does this mean I have to scrap my old discs and buy new ones? Do I have to get a new computer screen, too? I'm not sure I'm missing anything by just watching what I have--given the quality of T.V. back when it came out was worse. They were actually making shows for that technology--which is why stunt doubles weren't as obvious. Seems to me, I'm seeing stuff on the old shows that I should not have seen. Maybe the technology is supplying more than what the show really needs.
    Depends if you want to watch it with the best possible picture quality or not.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    As Diana Prince (at least in the show), WW actually changed into a mortal woman with normal stats. On the TV series, her bracelets can and have been removed with no ill effects. Different than the comics.
    The source of her powers is her magic belt. Is that true?

Quote Originally Posted by Zahina View Post
    The source of her powers is her magic belt. Is that true?
    Yes, for the TV show when Diana is off of Paradise Island.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post

I've finished the first season and I'm into the second season now. This is not a binge. I'm taking my time going through them.

I remember when they came out, the first several episodes didn't come out each week. So to call the first season a season is a bit of a misnomer. Sometimes there were months between episodes, sometime only days. It felt like these were T.V. specials, not a regular series.

Anyway, the second season is much worse--although I'm learning to enjoy it for what it is. Most episodes are just these spy stories, where Diana Prince is the main character. While this means we don't get to see a lot of Wonder Woman, we do get Lynda Carter being more herself, in contemporary clothing. It also seems that when she's Prince, she's strong and capable but not super-powered. She has to become Wonder Woman to display her full powers. However, I don't think this is consistent.

Something I always wondered in the comics and in this show is why she can appear as Diana Prince without bracelets, but as Wonder Woman she needs to wear bracelets at all times or bad things can happen.
    I think the second and third series are more of a detective show, at least that's how it felt to me. I'm glad they stopped when they did though, the last couple of episodes as they setup the next series were eugh

Have you read the connected comics? I've only read the first volume and a bit of the second so far, but I almost wish I hadn't.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

For me only season 1 exists, never cared for the other two. The series has its moments, but the lack of recurring villains really brings it down. And also some really weird choices like Drusilla instead of Donna and Phil Blankenship instead of Phil Darnell. Like, why?

I've owned S1 and S3 for years but as late as a year or so ago METV ran the series on Saturday nights at 7 which was great. I miss that.

I do like the latter seasons, Linda Carter's late 70's glasses and those outfits were hot. Even though I was probably not even 2 years old at the time, the episode with Jayne Kennedy I imagine revved a lot of guys engines back in the day.

I'm always here for the light burst and sound effect when it was time for her to punch-in. Once they got it perfected that **** holds up to me. The bonus was the double outfit burst from Diana to WW to whatever other costume she needed. There were a few but most remember was the swim suit and the skateboard pads lol, I know I'm forgetting one. It was always dope to see the cape too.

What I didn't like was the corny robot with the furniture wheels and the kid that was in a couple episodes but I get why they were there.

One episode with the nasty little aliens that took over peoples bodies and they brought a monster with them. That episode is prolly my favorite cause there's a lot of stunt work when Diana couldn't change and this thing threw her around the apartment. It was the most Bruce Timm level scenery crashing they had in the entire shows run to me.

D+ finally aired the OG Muppet Show and some some of those I haven't seen since I was a child and I was in a trance for an evening. My 4 and 6 year olds were not impressed. I was surprised to see an Episode with Lynda Carter though, she even sings.

Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

The episode with Jayne Kennedy was called "Knockout" if I remember correctly.

The WW outfit you are missing, is not 1 but actually 2: The motorcycle outfit is the one you are thinking about.

The other one you missed is from Season 1: The modified WW Ranch outfit. This is because Cowboy Roy Rogers objected to Lynda/WW's "bare body", so she got a modified top (Red) with long white pants to cover her "Nakedness" as he once put it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    The episode with Jayne Kennedy was called "Knockout" if I remember correctly.

The WW outfit you are missing, is not 1 but actually 2: The motorcycle outfit is the one you are thinking about.

The other one you missed is from Season 1: The modified WW Ranch outfit. This is because Cowboy Roy Rogers objected to Lynda/WW's "bare body", so she got a modified top (Red) with long white pants to cover her "Nakedness" as he once put it.
    Bang, yes the motorcycle outfit was the one. :thumbsup:

Lol, the Roy Rogers one is one of the dullest episodes ever but that comment of his is hilarious. Now I have to go back and sit through it.
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    I've owned S1 and S3 for years but as late as a year or so ago METV ran the series on Saturday nights at 7 which was great. I miss that.

I do like the latter seasons, Linda Carter's late 70's glasses and those outfits were hot. Even though I was probably not even 2 years old at the time, the episode with Jayne Kennedy I imagine revved a lot of guys engines back in the day.

I'm always here for the light burst and sound effect when it was time for her to punch-in. Once they got it perfected that **** holds up to me. The bonus was the double outfit burst from Diana to WW to whatever other costume she needed. There were a few but most remember was the swim suit and the skateboard pads lol, I know I'm forgetting one. It was always dope to see the cape too.

What I didn't like was the corny robot with the furniture wheels and the kid that was in a couple episodes but I get why they were there.

One episode with the nasty little aliens that took over peoples bodies and they brought a monster with them. That episode is prolly my favorite cause there's a lot of stunt work when Diana couldn't change and this thing threw her around the apartment. It was the most Bruce Timm level scenery crashing they had in the entire shows run to me.

D+ finally aired the OG Muppet Show and some some of those I haven't seen since I was a child and I was in a trance for an evening. My 4 and 6 year olds were not impressed. I was surprised to see an Episode with Lynda Carter though, she even sings.

Is there a particular reason you don’t own Season 2?
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    Is there a particular reason you don’t own Season 2?
    Uhh, some time, some circumstance. When the original set of S1 DVD's dropped they didn't all come out at once. Once I saw S1 was hitting I was there the day Best Buy put them on the shelf. Had to be about 15 years ago at this point idk. I live in Indianapolis and even as a kid in the 80s, we didn't get the reruns of this show as routine as say the Dozer Batman. Which for more or less always stuck around. Plus the DVD extras, I jumped on it cause by and large I'd never see it.

S2 came out and maybe I didn't have the bread for a 34 dollar set of old television at the time but by the time the third one came around, S1 and S2 didn't quite flood the market so I grabbed that one and I still hadn't found S2, this was years ago. I guess I could have went to Ebay but that didn't occur at the time.

I still think the S2 box has the coolest art on it, with the cape. I just grabbed the complete CBS Flash show off of Ebay only about 8 months ago. For the S2 extras I don't have I'll surely go that route again sometime.
    You bet yer ass.

Retired

For some reason this is the order I got them--S1, then S3 and then after a long time S2. I think maybe S2 was not easy to find, but I got it later from Amazon when I decided to watch all of them in order.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Uhh, some time, some circumstance. When the original set of S1 DVD's dropped they didn't all come out at once. Once I saw S1 was hitting I was there the day Best Buy put them on the shelf. Had to be about 15 years ago at this point idk. I live in Indianapolis and even as a kid in the 80s, we didn't get the reruns of this show as routine as say the Dozer Batman. Which for more or less always stuck around. Plus the DVD extras, I jumped on it cause by and large I'd never see it.

S2 came out and maybe I didn't have the bread for a 34 dollar set of old television at the time but by the time the third one came around, S1 and S2 didn't quite flood the market so I grabbed that one and I still hadn't found S2, this was years ago. I guess I could have went to Ebay but that didn't occur at the time.

I still think the S2 box has the coolest art on it, with the cape. I just grabbed the complete CBS Flash show off of Ebay only about 8 months ago. For the S2 extras I don't have I'll surely go that route again sometime.
    I see. I thought maybe you didn’t like Season 2 enough to buy it.

I only own Season 1. I watched them all first run on TV. My memories of Seasons 2 and 3 just aren’t fond enough to make me buy them.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    I see. I thought maybe you didn’t like Season 2 enough to buy it.

I only own Season 1. I watched them all first run on TV. My memories of Seasons 2 and 3 just aren’t fond enough to make me buy them.
    Yes, Seasons 2 & 3 went downhill. Season 3 is so bad that they aired and list the last 3-4 episodes out-or-order.