Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Mastermind didn’t technically kill anyone. It was his daughter. She didn’t have to listen to him. However, I don’t believe there are any witnesses to this...
    Also we only have the sound of the dude screaming as evidence that he died. Regan could have made that noise easy enough, if, for instance, she didn't *want* to kill the tech for whatever reason. (Squeamish. Wants a pet. Bored. Her hands are sore from being tied up and she wants someone to open doors and carry stuff for her.) I think it would 100% fit that family if she lied to daddy and had her own stuff going on.

Mighty Member

Mastermind didn’t technically kill anyone. It was his daughter. She didn’t have to listen to him. However, I don’t believe there are any witnesses to this...
    Mastermind made a promise not to kill him so how could he be so evil?

I'm sure his daughter is just following his father's orders and didn't know the condition/promise his dad made before releasing her.

The 'confirmed' didn't need to believe in Mastermind too. So what will happen to his loved ones now?

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Also we only have the sound of the dude screaming as evidence that he died. Regan could have made that noise easy enough, if, for instance, she didn't *want* to kill the tech for whatever reason. (Squeamish. Wants a pet. Bored. Her hands are sore from being tied up and she wants someone to open doors and carry stuff for her.) I think it would 100% fit that family if she lied to daddy and had her own stuff going on.
    Martinique, not Regan

Mastermind is the one who ordered his daughter to kill that tech. Giving the order to kill some is still illegal.
    Psylocke was there as a witness.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I'd like it if that is what is happening. It would make for some more interesting backstabbing stories. Plus, Mastermind's daughter wouldn't go to the Pit.

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Martinique, not Regan
    How did you figure that out?
    I'm not trying to be critical. I just could never figure it out which character it was from reading the comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    Mastermind is the one who ordered his daughter to kill that tech. Giving the order to kill some is still illegal.
    Psylocke was there as a witness.

I'd like it if that is what is happening. It would make for some more interesting backstabbing stories. Plus, Mastermind's daughter wouldn't go to the Pit.

How did you figure that out?
    I'm not trying to be critical. I just could never figure it out which character it was from reading the comic.
    Arcade specifies it in Hellions #10 (little Mastermind Martinique goes squish squish splat splat), and the colors in the last issue are more precise and we can clearly see that her hair is brown^^

Extraordinary Member

So I can understand Arcade not knowing mutants have a resurrection thing going on, and not knowing killing a mutant is not much of a bargaining chip, but Psylocke seems pretty shocked that Mastermind was going to risk that. Did that seem odd to anyone else or am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Arcade specifies it in Hellions #10 (little Mastermind Martinique goes squish squish splat splat), and the colors in the last issue are more precise and we can clearly see that her hair is brown^^
    Thanks. Your answer is much appreciated.
    Issue #10 showed Martinique with Reagan's hair. I wasn't sure if the hair was a coloring mistake or if it was a typo when Martinique was named. I thought that the rest of the panels in issue #11 that had Martinique in them were colored in a way that put the character's hair in shadow. That threw me off a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    So I can understand Arcade not knowing mutants have a resurrection thing going on, and not knowing killing a mutant is not much of a bargaining chip, but Psylocke seems pretty shocked that Mastermind was going to risk that. Did that seem odd to anyone else or am I missing something?
    I took it as Psylocke being surprised that Mastermind would trust Sinister to keep his end of their bargain, and not just leave Mastermind and his daughter dead. A mutant can't be resurrected if no one knows that the mutant is dead. Sinister could have just covered up Mastermind's daughter having been killed. Knowing Mastermind, I could see him not caring if Martinique was resurrected or not any way, as long as he got what he wanted.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    I took it as Psylocke being surprised that Mastermind would trust Sinister to keep his end of their bargain, and not just leave Mastermind and his daughter dead. A mutant can't be resurrected if no one knows that the mutant is dead. Sinister could have just covered up Mastermind's daughter having been killed. Knowing Mastermind, I could see him not caring if Martinique was resurrected or not any way, as long as he got what he wanted.
    They are resurrecting plenty of mutants without confirmation though, beyond Cerebro not having done a backup in a certain amount of time. The confirming thing just seemed like someone could not come up with a better reason to hype the X-Factor book, and that book really has not seemed to care about that either.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I have the feeling that they need the data to be in a physical brain in order to "read" it, which is not the same as copying it. They had to resurrect Synch to ask him about the Children of the Vault, for example.
    I honestly think it's done precisely not to lose the individuality or agency of any mutant in question.At this rate Xavier doesn't need to ask questions of anyone,Kurt even hints at Xavier doing it out of courtesy or perfunctorily.Plus it kind of defeats the purpose of characterisation ,by shorthanding everything to Xavier via cerebro..what is the point of communicating at all in the presence of Xavier? I feel it is just to waive the elephant in the room,that in fact no vocalisation is needed but perhaps (especially non telepaths) persons speak out of habit.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    That is plausible, at least to explain if stored data is unreadable, but it still has to be retrieved in the first place which means Cerebro must not be hindered by any resistance, and Xavier is always accessing this Cerebro. To rule out any possibility of Xavier, or anyone with Cerebro, accessing those memories would have to suppose that whatever resistance people have to telepathy would somehow carry on with these backups, whether while stored or in transit.
    I mean, I can copy a .rar file to my USB as many times as I want but if it has a password I won't be able to see what's inside.

Just because Cerebro is able to copy all of the mutants' memories doesn't have to mean that you can access them freely.

And more importantly, if I have a file saved on a USB but I don't have a computer to plug it in, I can't even see the file.