Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Hellions #11 review *spoilers*

Since nobody has created a thread on this, I will just give a very brief review.

Psylocke managed to break control of Mastermind's mind control. She crashed into Arcade's office and killed Ms Locke.

Mastermind then controlled Arcade's mind and persuaded the 'confirmed' person in another place not to kill his daughter. It seems that Arcade also hold someone the 'confirmed' person cares under hostage situation.

Mr Sinister was talking gibberish so couldn't understand most of what he's saying. The art was also poorly drawn and a lot of behind the scenes were not shown like when Mastermind's daughter was released.

It seems that Mr Sinister ganged up with Mastermind to deal with Arcade before the Hellions were captured.

Mastermind said Greycrow likes Psylocke so we might have a romance later.

Psylocke is the star in this issue as usual.
    Last edited by ericng; 05-05-2021 at 08:26 PM.

So... is it implied that Lady Mastermind killed a human? The “confirmed” guy?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    So... is it implied that Lady Mastermind killed a human? The “confirmed” guy?
    The guy that Arcade constantly ask whether what he see is real or not. Confirm/Unconfirmed.

Spectacular Member

Wasn't a fan of the whole Arcade storyline from the last issue so I was glad to see that the storyline for at least awhile has come to a conclusion. The fact that the whole capture and torture was all a ruse so that Sinister could circumvent the Council's directive and make a cloning facility was an interesting twist. I can only wonder just when he will return to the lab and begin his usual experiments. Probably his first clone will be Madelyne.

Hopefully by the next time we see him he will have found a way to regrow his teeth as he tends to usually rant and trying to interpret his gibberish did distract from the over all story.

Sinister better be careful or one of these days he is going to push Psylocke too far and she is going to turn on him.

Well, I guess that explains why they wouldn't be looking to drop Mastermind into a casket if he shows up at the Gala.

Kwannon and who? Blurgh...
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Spectacular Member

i enjoyed this, atleast it wasn't mojoverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post
    Probably his first clone will be Madelyne.
    I can imagine Sinister toying with Alex's feelings about that.

This was a great read. I was totally waiting for Sinster to go "he's dead, confirm?" and for her to go "confirm." lol.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member

This was alright. I enjoy this Sinister in small(er) doses, and wish a little more of the rest of the cast was investigated more. Even Psylocke's panel time, who seemed to get the most, was just kind of more teasing about her daughter and Sinister's leverage on her.

I will chalk it up to padding the arc to line up with Hellfire Gala.

I like how the relationship between Psylocke and Sinister in this feels like a kind-of parallel to Betsy and Magneto in X-Men Blue, where the machiavellian, supposedly-reformed villain really should have known better than to mess with an angry psychic ninja.

Kwannon shines again which I love. And Alex in his goblin prince rags is always a treat.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

The craftiness of Kwannon reminds so much of Outback Betsy.

This book is so so good. I'm hoping it ties more into to overall plots for Reign of X, but even if not, the reading is delightfully delicious. It's IMO the best written book every month, consistently delivering, even if some months it's slightly less of a buffet than others.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    This was alright. I enjoy this Sinister in small(er) doses, and wish a little more of the rest of the cast was investigated more. Even Psylocke's panel time, who seemed to get the most, was just kind of more teasing about her daughter and Sinister's leverage on her.

I will chalk it up to padding the arc to line up with Hellfire Gala.
    They should have cut down on the senseless fighting in the first few pages and expanded on the last pages after Kwannon broke into the office which was more important.

The ending was so rushed and messy.