Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Fantastic Member Captain Buttocks's Avatar

I've enjoyed this book, and the issue was fine but I'm glad this storyline is over. Hoping for something that doesnt involve telepathy in the next storyline.

I’m not surprised by the clone farm. Xavier really thought Sinister wouldn’t be well... sinister.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Xavier is foolish enough to believe that he is smart enough to have Sinister in check.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Xavier is foolish enough to believe that he is smart enough to have Sinister in check.
    Xavier is a friggin' telepath who wears a *recording of everyone brains on his head as a hat*.

Anything Mystique, Sinister, Selene, Farouk, Exodus, Beast-acting-like-Dark-Beast, etc. are up to he should already know, from their minds and from the minds of everyone else involved.

If he doesn't, then he's dumb and deserves everything coming to him, in spades.

It's just a shame that Krakoa itself seems likely to suffer because Xavier's falling down on the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Xavier is a friggin' telepath who wears a *recording of everyone brains on his head as a hat*.

Anything Mystique, Sinister, Selene, Farouk, Exodus, Beast-acting-like-Dark-Beast, etc. are up to he should already know, from their minds and from the minds of everyone else involved.

If he doesn't, then he's dumb and deserves everything coming to him, in spades.

It's just a shame that Krakoa itself seems likely to suffer because Xavier's falling down on the job.
    Everyone you've named except Beast has shown telepathic resistance in the past.

Extraordinary Member

I have no horse in this race, but it seems to me the point was that Cerebro is literally recording everyone's memories. Resistance is a non-factor.

Incredible Member

would the resistance still work with the backup. i mean he has to take everything out to make a back up for cerebro so surely they'd notice something?

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I have no horse in this race, but it seems to me the point was that Cerebro is literally recording everyone's memories. Resistance is a non-factor.
    I have the feeling that they need the data to be in a physical brain in order to "read" it, which is not the same as copying it. They had to resurrect Synch to ask him about the Children of the Vault, for example.

Extraordinary Member

I have the feeling that they need the data to be in a physical brain in order to "read" it, which is not the same as copying it. They had to resurrect Synch to ask him about the Children of the Vault, for example.
    That is plausible, at least to explain if stored data is unreadable, but it still has to be retrieved in the first place which means Cerebro must not be hindered by any resistance, and Xavier is always accessing this Cerebro. To rule out any possibility of Xavier, or anyone with Cerebro, accessing those memories would have to suppose that whatever resistance people have to telepathy would somehow carry on with these backups, whether while stored or in transit.

I Just read this one. Hellions was a great comic as usual.

Did we find out for sure which of the Mastermind Sisters that Arcade was holding prisoner. The character was called Martinique, but she had blond hair. I went over the comics but couldn't figure out for sure which one it was.

I guess that if the character that Mastermind had his daughter killed was a human, then they are headed to the Pit. I wouldn't miss Mastermind, but I liked his daughters. Oh well, just two more characters to help Sabretooth gain his revenge when Creed inevitably leaves the Pit.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    I Just read this one. Hellions was a great comic as usual.

Did we find out for sure which of the Mastermind Sisters that Arcade was holding prisoner. The character was called Martinique, but she had blond hair. I went over the comics but couldn't figure out for sure which one it was.

I guess that if the character that Mastermind had his daughter killed was a human, then they are headed to the Pit. I wouldn't miss Mastermind, but I liked his daughters. Oh well, just two more characters to help Sabretooth gain his revenge when Creed inevitably leaves the Pit.
    Mastermind didn’t technically kill anyone. It was his daughter. She didn’t have to listen to him. However, I don’t believe there are any witnesses to this...

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Mastermind didn’t technically kill anyone. It was his daughter. She didn’t have to listen to him. However, I don’t believe there are any witnesses to this...
    Sinister as there, of course that he would only use it to blackmail mastermind

Astonishing Member

I've seen one review of this issue pointing out something interesting.

Did Moira X ever knew that Mister Sinister betrayed mutantkind in Life 9/X2?

We never learned how long she was in that weird storage system or what exactly Wolverine implanted into her before killing her. We the readers know of Sinisters betrayl from the data pages in Hox/Pox, but these can't be pinpointed on who in universe is recording them and who is reading them?
    So we can't be sure if she ever knew Sinister would be willing or capable of betraying them like that, which means Xavier might actualy belief he has him under full controll.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    If the plot demands it, some master of investigation or a mutant with the power of seeing the past (Maggot used to have that ability in his early appearances), can uncover it. But it seems like something meant to stay unknown for now.

Which once again shows that we have little to no clue how this new memory cloud storage soul recovering Cerebro is functioning.

Especialy since it's the single most important item in the whole replication process they are so relying on now.

Side note: I wonder if there are mutants who can't actualy be scanned and memory recorded by Cerebro because of unusual cerebral structures or if Xavier could use that as an excuse not bring someone back?

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    I've seen one review of this issue pointing out something interesting.

Did Moira X ever knew that Mister Sinister betrayed mutantkind in Life 9/X2?

We never learned how long she was in that weird storage system or what exactly Wolverine implanted into her before killing her. We the readers know of Sinisters betrayl from the data pages in Hox/Pox, but these can't be pinpointed on who in universe is recording them and who is reading them?
    So we can't be sure if she ever knew Sinister would be willing or capable of betraying them like that, which means Xavier might actualy belief he has him under full controll.
    Moira was against Sinister being on the QC because in the past life she did know he betrayed them. Wolverine implanted her with the data for when Nimrod the Lesser would be built an come on line
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Exactly. He has a giant recording of their every thought balanced precariously atop his bald noggin. And even if it's not open for pilferage 24/7, he does live-stream it through his brain during a resurrection...

"Yeah, I just binge-watched your life. I'm putting you back now."