Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I'm fine with him not being there because Artison and Elliot were the heartt of the show for me. But was it the right call? I know absolutely nothing about the accusation against him. If it's just the one and happened 40years ago I hope there is sufficient evidence. Hate to see someone's career ruined over an allegation if there's nothing behind it. Again I don't know the specifics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Has Hutton's guilt been proven?
    I had it on the brainpan that it had been credible, but I was going off of recollection. According to a quick Google, it sounds like the allegation was made, Hutton has denied it (with the counterclaim that the accuser has a history of trying to blackmail him with this false narrative). No info I could find on whether anything had been proven, much less if either party had filed lawsuits and the like. Either way, it does look like Hutton is losing job opportunities over this.

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey Hotay View Post
    I loved Leverage back in the day, so I'm looking forward to giving this a watch. I also enjoyed the British version of the series, which was called Hustle. I'd welcome that show back too but, alas, it's probably not very likely that that will happen.
    Hustle wasn't a British remake of Leverage (or vice versa). Each was their own thing made independently that just happened to air around the same time and have a similar premise (as I recall, the Leverage crew were basically a Robin Hood group, while the Hustle characters were more or less solely out for themselves and just happened to target corrupt people). Now, there is currently a Korean remake of Leverage running. So far as I know, it doesn't have an English broadcast, but, according to the summaries I've seen, it is pretty recognizable as being a new take on it (the new characters have similar backstories and roles to their American counterparts and all that).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Has Hutton's guilt been proven?
    In this day and age, accusation is enough.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    In this day and age, accusation is enough.
    And that's sad. Not all accusations are equal. Some accusations come with alot of evidence and a history of behavior that makes it easy to accept that it all really happened. Then there are some where a random person says 30years ago I was assaulted and that it. Those ones tend to go away over time. Neil degrade Tyson got hit with one of those. Followed him around for a short while and then it went away. Now for all I know Hutton has a history of bad behavior. I'm ignorant to the whole thing. Curious where his falls in the spectrum of accusations. Maybe I'll do some googling in a bit. Coulda swore he me too'd a couple years ago also for bad behavior. I might be conflating him with someone else though.

And just to keep things up to date, Timothy Hutton has now seen the accusations against him result in no charges in either the U.S. or Canada. Article Link.

While it doesn't explicitly clear him because they couldn't get enough proof to obtain a conviction, you gotta think that he's asking where does he go to get his reputation back considering the only legal case now to be made is him suing the accuser for defamation. And considering the allegations essentially cost him his role in Redemption and likely a number of other jobs in the future, he's gotta be fighting mad.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Incredible Member

They'd done that long before. Remember the series ended with Parker as the leader.
    I think that Nate was grooming Eliot for the leadership role and Eliot more or less was team leader when he, Hardison and Parker dealt with that bio-terrorist threat in DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    I think that Nate was grooming Eliot for the leadership role and Eliot more or less was team leader when he, Hardison and Parker dealt with that bio-terrorist threat in DC.
    Nate specifically said he was training Parker (and Hardison) to take over, not Elliot.

Ultimate Member

I'm sorry if Hutton was falsely accused, but I'm kinda liking it without Nate. The change keeps it from being repetitive

Ultimate Member

I guess that they could always end the new show, whenever that is, by having Hutton's character having pulled the ultimate con on the others and be alive. He would have done it to be the trump card so to speak against some really big enemy of thiers, that he was acting behind the scenes and such to protect them before he shows up in the end...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Nate specifically said he was training Parker (and Hardison) to take over, not Elliot.
    Parker doesn't seem to have leadership qualities, the new episodes show that with her having doubts about taking care of Hardison's sister. If she has worries about that I can't see her leading the team with her worrying about the team when their lives are on the line.

In the last episode of the last series as Nate and Sophie are leaving Eliot shakes Nate's hand telling him that he'll take care of them (meaning Hardison and Parker). Nate acknowledges that telling Eliot to call if he needs any help but he doesn't think he will (need help that is). Sure looks like Nate was passing the reins of the team to Eliot.

Not to say that Hardison couldn't become a leader later on since it looks like he's leading Leverage Int. with different teams around the world working on the list that was stolen from Interpol.

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    Parker doesn't seem to have leadership qualities, the new episodes show that with her having doubts about taking care of Hardison's sister. If she has worries about that I can't see her leading the team with her worrying about the team when their lives are on the line.

In the last episode of the last series as Nate and Sophie are leaving Eliot shakes Nate's hand telling him that he'll take care of them (meaning Hardison and Parker). Nate acknowledges that telling Eliot to call if he needs any help but he doesn't think he will (need help that is). Sure looks like Nate was passing the reins of the team to Eliot.

Not to say that Hardison couldn't become a leader later on since it looks like he's leading Leverage Int. with different teams around the world working on the list that was stolen from Interpol.
    He meant "take care of them" as in looking after their physical welfare.

Boisterously Confused

Just finished what's out here (until Oct 8th). There is a little of the old magic missing in the journey of The Crew to be better people, and it misses Hodge's charisma. Still, it's pretty good. I'd love to see them working with Leverage International, or perhaps recruiting and redeeming new talent. Maybe even suffering a Judas Contract scenario, with new talent planted by Sterling, or a new recruit that just can't resist their worst impulses.
    Last edited by DrNewGod; 08-29-2021 at 08:31 AM.

Timothy Hutton sues after being cut from Leverage: Redemption series

https://www.avclub.com/timothy-hutto...boo-1848602411