Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Default Wonder Woman vs. Non-WW villains

In the past decade, WW has gotten to fight Doomsday a handful of times and even though Superman always has to get the winning blow, the fights she has with him can be fun and it got me to thinking, what you're general thoughts are on her facing other heroes villains, what your favorite fights are out of those and who would you like to see her go up against in the DC universe that she hasn't already?

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Nobody if things will go the way they have been going. With her current trackrecord. She can barely score a victory against most heroes or villains she fights.

Mighty Member

Has she gone against Klarion or Mordru (alone) yet?

I would like a story where Diana faces Maxie Zeus. Not for the fights themselves but for the story potential of a delusional billionaire convinced he is the Greek God

Silver Banshee feels like someone that should be a Wonder Woman villain. Family curse turns a woman into this evil spirit with massive sonic powers.

Wonder Woman Vs Black Adam

Wonder Woman Vs Faora/Ursa

Wonder Woman Vs the Marvel Family (when evilized)

Wonder Woman Vs Star Sapphire
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 05-06-2021 at 07:20 AM.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I'd like to see Wonder Woman fight her own villains more, personally.

No one from the Batman franchise. Obviously, that should go without saying. No more lame New Gods also.

Lex, Black Adam, the Star Sapphires get my vote for characters it’d be interesting to see Diana interact with.
    Last edited by Gaius; 05-06-2021 at 07:31 AM.

I always welcome Diana (and the Wonder family) facing off against Granny Goodness and the female furies.

Black Adam would also be great given their connections to Gods.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Has she gone against Klarion or Mordru (alone) yet?
    Alone, no but both did show up in the Wonder Woman-led JLD teams.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I always welcome Diana (and the Wonder family) facing off against Granny Goodness and the female furies.

Black Adam would also be great given their connections to Gods.
    Unless Robinson is writing the furies. Then all we need is the Oddfellows to capture them!

Psycho-Pirate Qu'est-ce que c'est.

I've been thinking about this guy and how he might be a better enemy for Diana and how he is better suited to be the kind of villain that they are forcing Maxwell Lord to be.

-His power comes from the Medusa Mask (Greek connection right there).
    -His modus operandi is manipulating people's emotions to his own ends.
    -He is a survivor of CoIE and a multiversal anomaly.

His ability to manipulate people against Wonder Woman makes him a threat that Diana can't just punch her way through. It centralizes the Lasso of Truth and Diana's central theme of 'Truth' as her only solution would be to cut through his bullshit. He is also an enemy that you can't see coming which adds to his threat level as he can subtly influence WW from where she's not looking.

Fights against Granny Goodness and the Furies are my favorites.

For Superman villains, I'd choose female ones like Silver Banshee and Maxima just to see new dynamics.

She has already been pitted against male Superman villains and always jobs horribly: Doomsday, Mongul, there's someone else I'm forgetting - it was Bizarro and even though it was "non-canon", its one of the worst ways Wonder Woman had jobbed in like forever. Against Batman villains, she has jobbed to Clayface and Joker. So all in all, I don't like her fighting other heroes' villains at all.

And that's about it. I mostly prefer WW being in her own world cause most crossovers with her and other properties are usually an invitation to job.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I'd like to see Wonder Woman fight her own villains more, personally.
    So would I... They should definitely get more action than they have. They keep creating new ones that kind of fills out the niche of an older one, and they both end up being forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Gitagon View Post
    Fights against Granny Goodness and the Furies are my favorites.

For Superman villains, I'd choose female ones like Silver Banshee and Maxima just to see new dynamics.

She has already been pitted against male Superman villains and always jobs horribly: Doomsday, Mongul, there's someone else I'm forgetting - it was Bizarro and even though it was "non-canon", its one of the worst ways Wonder Woman had jobbed in like forever. Against Batman villains, she has jobbed to Clayface and Joker. So all in all, I don't like her fighting other heroes' villains at all.

And that's about it. I mostly prefer WW being in her own world cause most crossovers with her and other properties are usually an invitation to job.
    To be fair to Clayface, sometimes I think he should theoretically be well above Batman's weight class.

So would I... They should definitely get more action than they have. They keep creating new ones that kind of fills out the niche of an older one, and they both end up being forgotten.
    With the new WW team saying they want to build upon the old, I'm hoping this won't be the case anymore. I would also like to see WW fight her own villains more, I'm not as big on heroes fighting other villains (I do enjoy it from time to time though, don't get me wrong).

To be fair to Clayface, sometimes I think he should theoretically be well above Batman's weight class.
    Depends on the Clayface.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Psycho-Pirate Qu'est-ce que c'est.

I've been thinking about this guy and how he might be a better enemy for Diana and how he is better suited to be the kind of villain that they are forcing Maxwell Lord to be.

-His power comes from the Medusa Mask (Greek connection right there).
    -His modus operandi is manipulating people's emotions to his own ends.
    -He is a survivor of CoIE and a multiversal anomaly.

His ability to manipulate people against Wonder Woman makes him a threat that Diana can't just punch her way through. It centralizes the Lasso of Truth and Diana's central theme of 'Truth' as her only solution would be to cut through his bullshit. He is also an enemy that you can't see coming which adds to his threat level as he can subtly influence WW from where she's not looking.

He'd definitely make a great WW enemy. A lot better than Max.