Mighty Member

Post Orono Munroes (Storm): Comics vs Movies

Which version of Storm is being well written and bought justice. The media adaption (Halle Berry and Alexander Shipp) or the comics version. Just any opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Which version of Storm is being well written and bought justice. The media adaption (Halle Berry and Alexander Shipp) or the comics version. Just any opinions.
    There has never been an ororo munroe in movies. There were two brown eyed women with horrible white wigs but i wouldn't call either Ororo as i know the character. The movies have to be one of the worst adaptions of a character in modern history.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    There has never been an ororo munroe in movies. There were two brown eyed women with horrible white wigs but i wouldn't call either Ororo as i know the character. The movies have to be one of the worst adaptions of a character in modern history.
    Bolded and quoted for the truth. Halle was name grab for clout, but none of the X-Men films had any interest in developing Storm beyond the lady who shoots lighting, has one good line per movie, and her eyes turn white when she moves her head to the side. The X-franchise was always about Wolverine and everyone else was background fodder. And when it wasn't about Wolverine, it was about Xavier/Magneto/Mystique. Not the important characters, especially the female characters.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Berry's best film was Last stand to me. Mostly because her taking over for Professor X gave her more to do.

Shipp was fine in Dark Phoniex but it wasn't really her story.

Claremont's Storm is a masterpiece. Foxmen Storm is a mess. They can't be compared. I look forward to seeing what Feige does with the character in the MCU/D+, if he ever gets around to it before the world goes completely to $#!&. There's so much potential. I'd love to see her matrilineal family history expanded in a way the comics have never explored beyond a sentence or two. She could be her own franchise with the right delivery/execution.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Is there even a debate to be had over this? I'd be genuinely interested to hear someone argue that movie Storm is superior.

How is this a thread. There's Comic book Storm and animated Storm. But as for live action Movie, xmen Storm it just does not exist. That was just a weirdo in a white wig.
    Where is Thanos to snap that $#!+ Out of existence!!
    Last edited by BlkGldBlu; 05-06-2021 at 11:14 AM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Is there even a debate to be had over this? I'd be genuinely interested to hear someone argue that movie Storm is superior.
    ok I will bite.

Movie Storm never was depowered.
    Movie Storm wasn't nearly raped as a young girl and didn't have to take a life.
    Movie Storm heart wasn't ever broken by Forge or Tchalla, heck she was asexual and had no love interests.

Ok that's all I got for now lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!