Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    I could have sworn he previously had an accent - maybe during the era when Erik Larsen was artist
    He can probably turn it on or off depending on the writer, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    This entire series has been a stealth status quo reversal under the pretense of new stories.

-Lizard turned back into a sympathetic villian
    -Rhino turned back into a villian
    -Norman becoming classic Gobbie
    -Otto leading the Sinister Six(also reverted to classic Ock)
    I must have missed those. Don't remember that happening with Spencer.

But when you put it like that... it seems a "damage control" run.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    I could have sworn he previously had an accent - maybe during the era when Erik Larsen was artist
    I believe Superior Foes had a retcon saying he was doing an Australian accent as part of an act to play up the Boomerang motif, as he was funded by the Secret Empire to become a villian after a botched baseball career.

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    I must have missed those. Don't remember that happening with Spencer.

But when you put it like that... it seems a "damage control" run.
    Lizard went from full monster post-shed to once again the Good Connors side and Evil Lizard side, post-Hunted.

Rhino turns heel after Spidey abandons him when they team up together against Taskmaster and Black Ant, pre-Hunted.

Norman becomes the Green Goblin in full form for the first time since... Ellis Thunderbolts way back in 2007, in ASM #49. Hes been a Iron Patriot, Super-Adaptoid, Goblin King, Red Goblin, and Carnage over the past decade but the Ravencroft arc was the first time he was back to proper Green Goblin.

Ock is helming his own Sinister Six and puppeteered by Kindred for the upcoming Sinister War event in July, was teased a few issues ago and properly announced by Marvel shortly after.
    Last edited by Kingkalamari; 05-12-2021 at 12:31 PM.

Incredible Member

Kingpin wanting to bring Vanessa back to life (before choosing to bring Richard back) is weird since there have been at least two other occasions when someone brought her back from the dead (The Hand once, and The Jackal another time), and Fisk rejected the reanimated Vanessa both times. Back-from-dead Vanessa is not his real wife, he believed.

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    Kingpin wanting to bring Vanessa back to life (before choosing to bring Richard back) is weird since there have been at least two other occasions when someone brought her back from the dead (The Hand once, and The Jackal another time), and Fisk rejected the reanimated Vanessa both times. Back-from-dead Vanessa is not his real wife, he believed.
    I thought it was rather surprising but in a good way because i expected him to bring her back but then it turns out Harry's encounter with him shook him up enough to bring his son back so that will be interesting to see.

Also i don't think Boomerang will be very happy to remain a villain after spending so much time with Peter and Randy and Gog.

This entire series has been a stealth status quo reversal under the pretense of new stories.

-Peter and MJ dating
    -Peter a broke student working for media Corp
    -Lizard turned back into a sympathetic villian
    -Rhino turned back into a villian
    -Kraven turned back into a generic hunter
    -JJJ working in media again
    -Norman becoming classic Gobbie
    -Harry turned into(literal) mentally ill monster
    -Otto leading the Sinister Six(also reverted to classic Ock)
    -Boomerang becoming a villian again
    -JJJ inevitably holding a grudge against Parker for embarrassing him onstage and live

The moral of this giant sized issue, and perhaps this entire run, seems to he more or less "dont be idealistic and believe people can change for the better", with the exception of Fisk, who actually came out of this whole ordeal at least learning a lesson, but that might be more or less because Chip's DD run shields him from any significant change here.

If the Chameleon storyline ends up being JJJ teaming up with Chameleon and Smythee to pilot the new spider slayers to get revenge on Parker, itd be a seriously bummer way for this series to take the most predictable route.
    Maybe it's less that and it depends on the person you believe in and how much they believe in themselves...

It's going to be interesting to see the Rose/Richard Fisk meet the Kingpin's illegitimate son and his brother Butch. One has to wonder if they will be rivals or will team up to take on their pops.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nero View Post
    It's going to be interesting to see the Rose/Richard Fisk meet the Kingpin's illegitimate son and his brother Butch. One has to wonder if they will be rivals or will team up to take on their pops.
    I would be shocked if that happens under Spencer’s Amazing run. That might be happen when Matt returns as Daredevil.

Astonishing Member

I believe Superior Foes had a retcon saying he was doing an Australian accent as part of an act to play up the Boomerang motif, as he was funded by the Secret Empire to become a villian after a botched baseball career.

Lizard went from full monster post-shed to once again the Good Connors side and Evil Lizard side, post-Hunted.

Rhino turns heel after Spidey abandons him when they team up together against Taskmaster and Black Ant, pre-Hunted.

Norman becomes the Green Goblin in full form for the first time since... Ellis Thunderbolts way back in 2007, in ASM #49. Hes been a Iron Patriot, Super-Adaptoid, Goblin King, Red Goblin, and Carnage over the past decade but the Ravencroft arc was the first time he was back to proper Green Goblin.

Ock is helming his own Sinister Six and puppeteered by Kindred for the upcoming Sinister War event in July, was teased a few issues ago and properly announced by Marvel shortly after.
    The only way that could possibly be worse is if everything is “Fixed” and OMD remains.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I thought it was rather surprising but in a good way because i expected him to bring her back but then it turns out Harry's encounter with him shook him up enough to bring his son back so that will be interesting to see.

Also i don't think Boomerang will be very happy to remain a villain after spending so much time with Peter and Randy and Gog.
    Well, that's the other big problem. Vanessa Fisk's dying wish was *most definitely NOT* for her son to be alive again. It was for Kingpin and Daredevil to be out of jail and fighting each other in perpetuity since in her mind, that is a fate worse than death or prison; she would not want to see Richard alive and involved in the cycle of crime again. So, this is pretty shoddy editorial work here, in other words.

Normally, I wouldn't care that much about editorial mistakes, but this one just so happens to hit one of my favorite runs, which is Brubaker's Daredevil.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    The Rose is actually Richard Fisk ( Kingpin’s son). As for Boomerang, I did not see it coming but it does not shock me. If you think about it, how many in Marvel people started out as villains and became and more importantly remained heroes permanently? Eddie? Wanda? Quicksilver? ps. Silver Surfer and Frank Castle do not count because they could not be outright classified as villains.
    I was really expecting Boomerang to follow the path of Songbird and Mach X. Those two reformed and have been heroes for probably 20 years now. The other Thunderbolts mostly went back to their old ways...

Well, that's the other big problem. Vanessa Fisk's dying wish was *most definitely NOT* for her son to be alive again. It was for Kingpin and Daredevil to be out of jail and fighting each other in perpetuity since in her mind, that is a fate worse than death or prison; she would not want to see Richard alive and involved in the cycle of crime again. So, this is pretty shoddy editorial work here, in other words.

Normally, I wouldn't care that much about editorial mistakes, but this one just so happens to hit one of my favorite runs, which is Brubaker's Daredevil.
    Marvel has editors!?

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Marvel has editors!?
    I don't think so. None of them talk to each other.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I was really expecting Boomerang to follow the path of Songbird and Mach X. Those two reformed and have been heroes for probably 20 years now. The other Thunderbolts mostly went back to their old ways...
    Which is a real shame, honestly. At least he seems to regret it, so maybe he and Spidey will meet again under better terms.

Fair point, although I would argue that a huge part of what drove Vanessa's enmity toward Fisk and Matt/Daredevil was having to kill her own son to protect Fisk, so in a twisted way, I'd take Richard Fisk's resurrection as Wilson Fisk trying to make amends to Vanessa for what his blood feud with Daredevil did to her and their relationship. Not to mention that, as Kindred put it, "What makes you think she'd want to come back to you?" I'd also think that was Spencer at least respecting that aspect of Brubaker's Daredevil, even if he came at it from a somewhat different angle or took it to a different conclusion.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Two disappointments in one day so far. First The ending in Spider-Woman and Fred reluctantly going back to his old ways. I was hoping he would stay reformed with a lot of Fred Shenanigans. At least he didn’t die. I seriously thought he might.