Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Giant Size Amazing Spider-man King Ransom one shot Finale. Preview

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/pr...-kings-ransom/

i love the dialogue and point how how absurb it is that spidey keeps getting taken over.

Extraordinary Member

I love how Spencer fleshes these characters out.Each one has their own motivations and means to get their.They are not just empty plot devices like in most of these types of stories.They have personality.
    Also I love that Spencer addresses that the friendships have faultered and that Spidey overdoes the loner act.I want to see their reconciliation and deepening of friendship after this.
    On the downside I was hoping for solo Spidey vs the entire criminal empire but oh well.
    Also the seeds for this was planted in issue one and pay off now.Spencer isn't great at pacing but he is great at details and pretty much all the rest.
    Also I noticed how Mr negative was the one to say that they should make a deal.We know Spencer has something going on with him.Let's see how this all plays out.
    Bold Prediction:Boomerang is going to die.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 05-06-2021 at 01:11 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I love how Spencer fleshes these characters out.Each one has their own motivations and means to get their.They are not just empty plot devices like in most of these types of stories.They have personality.
    Also I love that Spencer addresses that the friendships have faultered and that Spidey overdoes the loner act.I want to see their reconciliation and deepening of friendship after this.
    On the downside I was hoping for solo Spidey vs the entire criminal empire but oh well.
    Also the seeds for this was planted in issue one and pay off now.Spencer isn't great at pacing but he is great at details and pretty much all the rest.
    Also I noticed how Mr negative was the one to say that they should make a deal.We know Spencer has something going on with him.Let's see how this all plays out.
    Bold Prediction:Boomerang is going to die.
    Yeah, Spidey soloing all those gangsters by himself would have been awesome to see, but I did like that the other heroes he gathered made the same basic point Jameson did almost 30 issues ago in their podcast interview --- if Peter wasn't so hellbent on keeping to himself, he'd have a lot more people in his corner when s*** went down and he was being made to look like the bad guy. That said, Jessica Jones's comment about always being there for him (with caveats) reminded me of the flashbacks to her high school crush on him as Peter Parker, so I got some amusement out of that.

As for your prediction about Boomerang, I could go either way with that, but Spidey losing someone else who's become a friend or ally to him would be another arrow in Harry/Kindred's quiver of "the many failings and failures of Peter Parker," and I'd rather not give him that satisfaction.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

So Negative, Owl, Silvermane, Black Mariah, Diamondback (?). No Hammerhead? Silvermane's sure gotten upgraded.

This whole "Kingpin is Spidey's buddy" thing has been so spottily depicted across this run that it feels weird to come up now, but I guess in totality there's the need to address it when we saw these heroes giving Peter grief about it in the first arc.

So apparently there's a whole Superhero email chain that Peter never has time to respond too. New Avengers reunion though .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So Negative, Owl, Silvermane, Black Mariah, Diamondback (?). No Hammerhead? Silvermane's sure gotten upgraded.

This whole "Kingpin is Spidey's buddy" thing has been so spottily depicted across this run that it feels weird to come up now, but I guess in totality there's the need to address it when we saw these heroes giving Peter grief about it in the first arc.

So apparently there's a whole Superhero email chain that Peter never has time to respond too. New Avengers reunion though .
    Uh-huh. Maybe they should make it a text chain. And yes, New Avengers coming back together as the Defenders of the Streets is cool, too.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I believe Silvermane is the same outfit here as he was in the new Silk series. A fun little continuity nod.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, Spidey soloing all those gangsters by himself would have been awesome to see, but I did like that the other heroes he gathered made the same basic point Jameson did almost 30 issues ago in their podcast interview --- if Peter wasn't so hellbent on keeping to himself, he'd have a lot more people in his corner when s*** went down and he was being made to look like the bad guy. That said, Jessica Jones's comment about always being there for him (with caveats) reminded me of the flashbacks to her high school crush on him as Peter Parker, so I got some amusement out of that.

As for your prediction about Boomerang, I could go either way with that, but Spidey losing someone else who's become a friend or ally to him would be another arrow in Harry/Kindred's quiver of "the many failings and failures of Peter Parker," and I'd rather not give him that satisfaction.
    i always thought it was a missed opportunity that Bendis when he was writing Guardians with Flash Agent Venom back then and he written Jessica Jones that, the two never interacted and Flash feeling guilty and trying to apologize or make up to Jessica for making fun of her in high school over her coma.

but who knows with Flash back, its possible.

love the banter with the new avengers. Peter got some many friends in the hero community he does need to open up to them more when he isnt self pitying. Cant wait for this issue
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    i always thought it was a missed opportunity that Bendis when he was writing Guardians with Flash Agent Venom back then and he written Jessica Jones that, the two never interacted and Flash feeling guilty and trying to apologize or make up to Jessica for making fun of her in high school over her coma.

but who knows with Flash back, its possible.
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    love the banter with the new avengers. Peter got some many friends in the hero community he does need to open up to them more when he isnt self pitying. Cant wait for this issue
    Likewise.

"You don't respond to emails"

wouldn't Pete be on some contemporary apps like Insta, Twitter, etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    I believe Silvermane is the same outfit here as he was in the new Silk series. A fun little continuity nod.
    Finally keep it up

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    "You don't respond to emails"

wouldn't Pete be on some contemporary apps like Insta, Twitter, etc.?
    Everyone has an email no matter if you are on social media

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Everyone has an email no matter if you are on social media
    That is not true. The Mrs. does not have an email, which is why I get lots of stuff sent to me with the name Domitila. As for Peter, he does not exactly have a lot of time to read and (or) send emails. Fighting crime, working, school, MJ time and sleeping takes up most ( if not all) of 24 hours in a day.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    That is not true. The Mrs. does not have an email, which is why I get lots of stuff sent to me with the name Domitila. As for Peter, he does not exactly have a lot of time to read and (or) send emails. Fighting crime, working, school, MJ time and sleeping takes up most ( if not all) of 24 hours in a day.
    Yeah, they act like he can just respond to them quickly or whatever, when he's had a lot of crap dealt to him lately. Luke says they understand he's busy, but overdoes the loner act... he's had good reason in the past.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Well most people have an email.He also is very tech savvy so I doubt he doesn't have one.Hell we have seen him use his to send stuff to his press contacts in dark reign and many others.Also he works for a news company and tech stuff,he has an email.