Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 107
  1. #31
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    67,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    The Rose is actually Richard Fisk ( Kingpin’s son). As for Boomerang, I did not see it coming but it does not shock me. If you think about it, how many in Marvel people started out as villains and became and more importantly remained heroes permanently? Eddie? Wanda? Quicksilver? ps. Silver Surfer and Frank Castle do not count because they could not be outright classified as villains.
    I didn't expect Boomerang and Peter being buddies to stick so I figured something was going to happen.

  2. #32
    Mighty Member Jman27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Just read the giant size and I am not impressed.It wasn't bad but it wasn't good either.


    SPOILERS




    We had some okay new avengers stuff in there.The black cat appearance was top-notch stuff.The boomerang betrayal is something I don't know how to feel about yet.I didn't see it coming.I love how Spencer is using boomerang as an example that Pete is way too trusting of people.They did a good job with making sure we don't see it coming.The stuff with Jonah and the suit was good.He addresses it head on and makes a mature descision.Pete actually has/had a plan which is good since he is on eof the smartest people on the planet.Jonah is well.... Jonah.Even as a friend he is an enemy.Rose isn't someone I am familiar with so I will have to do some research.But the twist in in of itself was great.Bringing his son back for his wife is better than bringing back Vanessa.

    My problem is there was not a lot done.I was expecting more stuff to happen.Nothing with Kindred.Nothing with Osborn.The gangs also don't do much,we just get one panel.MJ is not present.I am guessing the new avengers and the Black cat(hopefully) will be a part of chameleon conspiracy since the scale with Latveria and Symkaria and the fact that the future depends on this and if it is anything less it will be disappointing.
    mj was there she just didnt talk she was watching the pet. Sucks about Boomerang guess he will make it up to him one day. I dont know how significant Rose coming back to life will change the story but we will see. Wonder if Peter will move in with MJ now that Fred is gone
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

    "I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

    "My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

  3. #33
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    67,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    mj was there she just didnt talk she was watching the pet. Sucks about Boomerang guess he will make it up to him one day. I dont know how significant Rose coming back to life will change the story but we will see. Wonder if Peter will move in with MJ now that Fred is gone
    I was kind of surprised at times that they weren't just living together again.

  4. #34
    Mighty Member Jman27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I was kind of surprised at times that they weren't just living together again.
    Maybe Spencer needed the boomerang plot line to work that way with Peter being his roommate.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

    "I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

    "My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

  5. #35
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Maybe Spencer needed the boomerang plot line to work that way with Peter being his roommate.
    I think they will give him an actual redemeption by the end.He may sacrifice himself or something.I gotta say this issue was action lacking specially considering the cast.I really hope the next arc delivers.The addition of Black cat was great though.

  6. #36
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1,384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I think they will give him an actual redemeption by the end.He may sacrifice himself or something.I gotta say this issue was action lacking specially considering the cast.I really hope the next arc delivers.The addition of Black cat was great though.
    One problem I have with Spencer is he likes to “throw so much shit against the wall and hope it sticks.” This is what he did with the Order of the Web as well. MJ as a pet sitter is that really necessary? He needs to wrap his run up ASAP.

  7. #37
    Amazing Member Nerdman3000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    The Rose is actually Richard Fisk ( Kingpin’s son). As for Boomerang, I did not see it coming but it does not shock me. If you think about it, how many in Marvel people started out as villains and became and more importantly remained heroes permanently? Eddie? Wanda? Quicksilver? ps. Silver Surfer and Frank Castle do not count because they could not be outright classified as villains.
    Does Black Widow count? She started off as a villain in the. comics.

  8. #38
    Incredible Member xpyred's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    729

    Default

    This wasn’t a bad book. I’m glad the whole situation with Kingpin, the Tablets and Boomerang is finally done. Wasn’t expecting the Boomerang swerve.

    Question; isn’t Boomerang Australian? If so, when did he lose his accent?

  9. #39
    Mighty Member Jman27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    One problem I have with Spencer is he likes to “throw so much shit against the wall and hope it sticks.” This is what he did with the Order of the Web as well. MJ as a pet sitter is that really necessary? He needs to wrap his run up ASAP.
    i mean she did it a couple issues ago and it worked I really dont see the issue since she isnt going to fight gang members. Ending the run isnt going to change anything significant I beleive people will complain
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

    "I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

    "My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

  10. #40
    Really Feeling It! Kevinroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    This wasn’t a bad book. I’m glad the whole situation with Kingpin, the Tablets and Boomerang is finally done. Wasn’t expecting the Boomerang swerve.

    Question; isn’t Boomerang Australian? If so, when did he lose his accent?
    He was born in Australia, but raised in the US.

  11. #41
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    67,097

    Default

    If I remember right, he initially pretended to have an accent as part of his gimmick.

  12. #42
    Extraordinary Member Revolutionary_Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    8,424

    Default

    This was a great issue.

    A foot dropped today, something Spencer has been building since issue #1.

    Non-Spoiler Take, it's a twist that could easily have fallen flat given how popular the deception was but somehow Spencer made it in-character for everyone and everything, and didn't make us hate the person as well.

  13. #43
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    244

    Default

    This entire series has been a stealth status quo reversal under the pretense of new stories.


    -Peter and MJ dating
    -Peter a broke student working for media Corp
    -Lizard turned back into a sympathetic villian
    -Rhino turned back into a villian
    -Kraven turned back into a generic hunter
    -JJJ working in media again
    -Norman becoming classic Gobbie
    -Harry turned into(literal) mentally ill monster
    -Otto leading the Sinister Six(also reverted to classic Ock)
    -Boomerang becoming a villian again
    -JJJ inevitably holding a grudge against Parker for embarrassing him onstage and live

    The moral of this giant sized issue, and perhaps this entire run, seems to he more or less "dont be idealistic and believe people can change for the better", with the exception of Fisk, who actually came out of this whole ordeal at least learning a lesson, but that might be more or less because Chip's DD run shields him from any significant change here.

    If the Chameleon storyline ends up being JJJ teaming up with Chameleon and Smythee to pilot the new spider slayers to get revenge on Parker, itd be a seriously bummer way for this series to take the most predictable route.

  14. #44
    Incredible Member xpyred's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    He was born in Australia, but raised in the US.
    I could have sworn he previously had an accent - maybe during the era when Erik Larsen was artist

  15. #45
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    This entire series has been a stealth status quo reversal under the pretense of new stories.


    -Peter and MJ dating
    -Peter a broke student working for media Corp
    -Lizard turned back into a sympathetic villian
    -Rhino turned back into a villian
    -Kraven turned back into a generic hunter
    -JJJ working in media again
    -Norman becoming classic Gobbie
    -Harry turned into(literal) mentally ill monster
    -Otto leading the Sinister Six(also reverted to classic Ock)
    -Boomerang becoming a villian again
    -JJJ inevitably holding a grudge against Parker for embarrassing him onstage and live

    The moral of this giant sized issue, and perhaps this entire run, seems to he more or less "dont be idealistic and believe people can change for the better", with the exception of Fisk, who actually came out of this whole ordeal at least learning a lesson, but that might be more or less because Chip's DD run shields him from any significant change here.

    If the Chameleon storyline ends up being JJJ teaming up with Chameleon and Smythee to pilot the new spider slayers to get revenge on Parker, itd be a seriously bummer way for this series to take the most predictable route.
    I get the feeling that JJJ will forget Spidey's identity and go back to his anti spidey crusade.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •