Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    Yeah, they act like he can just respond to them quickly or whatever, when he's had a lot of crap dealt to him lately. Luke says they understand he's busy, but overdoes the loner act... he's had good reason in the past.
    I felt most of them were very rude.I kinda get were Luke and Jess was coming from because in superior they had the whole baby situation.Spidey deals with more than all of these guys combined.I hope(and predict)that we get a reunion dinner in the run and Spidey hangs out with the gang more often.
    Also I wish they brought Bucky,Carol and Bobbi in this.Specially the last 2,they were on the team and were close af

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I love how Spencer fleshes these characters out.Each one has their own motivations and means to get their.They are not just empty plot devices like in most of these types of stories.They have personality.
    Also I love that Spencer addresses that the friendships have faultered and that Spidey overdoes the loner act.I want to see their reconciliation and deepening of friendship after this.
    On the downside I was hoping for solo Spidey vs the entire criminal empire but oh well.
    Also the seeds for this was planted in issue one and pay off now.Spencer isn't great at pacing but he is great at details and pretty much all the rest.
    Also I noticed how Mr negative was the one to say that they should make a deal.We know Spencer has something going on with him.Let's see how this all plays out.
    Bold Prediction:Boomerang is going to die.
    Fred has been great in this series. I hope he doesn’t cash in his chips. I called my LCS to make absolutely sure I get this. Looking forward to it. I didn’t recognize Silvermane. Didn’t know he got a body. Spencer has done a great job like you said fleshing out all the characters and he’s used quite a lot of them since he took over. Plus we still got Sinister wars coming up. Even more characters.

All-New Member

I love how Spencer fleshes these characters out.Each one has their own motivations and means to get their.They are not just empty plot devices like in most of these types of stories.They have personality.
    Also I love that Spencer addresses that the friendships have faultered and that Spidey overdoes the loner act.I want to see their reconciliation and deepening of friendship after this.
    On the downside I was hoping for solo Spidey vs the entire criminal empire but oh well.
    Also the seeds for this was planted in issue one and pay off now.Spencer isn't great at pacing but he is great at details and pretty much all the rest.
    Also I noticed how Mr negative was the one to say that they should make a deal.We know Spencer has something going on with him.Let's see how this all plays out.
    Bold Prediction:Boomerang is going to die.
    I'm thinking there's a chance Boomerang will die too, because:

1)He's more of a hero than a villain at this point. (Redeeming him before killing him)
    2)Boomerang was the main character of Superior Foes. The title that probably got Spencer the ASM position.
    (We know Spencer's ASM run is coming to an end. So it would be fitting to kill him off because Boomerang/Superior Foes was his first big opportunity to write for the Spider-Man corner of the universe)

Extraordinary Member

Also just read the spoiler free review for Kings ransom.Very positive review and they it is satisfying and full of new reveals and end to plotlines which is good to hear.So much so they say their is 3 issues worth of stuff in this.Sounds like a must read.
    Issue will focus on Spider-man and boomerang stuff specially their trust.
    I think the review is indicating that the costume will go away.Makes sense since all future covers have the og red and blue.
    Also says that we get a clean slate so the new status quo was not just a solicit lie.
    It ends with captions
    Shutterbug is Peter focused.Many references but not really a lot of connection with Heroes Reborn as a whole.They focus on peter's "flaws" so probably they focus on the shy nerd which sucks.Not gonna pick this up
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 05-11-2021 at 03:10 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by flint marko View Post
    I'm thinking there's a chance Boomerang will die too, because:

1)He's more of a hero than a villain at this point. (Redeeming him before killing him)
    2)Boomerang was the main character of Superior Foes. The title that probably got Spencer the ASM position.
    (We know Spencer's ASM run is coming to an end. So it would be fitting to kill him off because Boomerang/Superior Foes was his first big opportunity to write for the Spider-Man corner of the universe)
    Doesn't sound like he will die.Sounds more like he will be written off

Astonishing Member

Also just read the spoiler free review for Kings ransom.Very positive review and they it is satisfying and full of new reveals and end to plotlines which is good to hear.So much so they say their is 3 issues worth of stuff in this.Sounds like a must read.
    Issue will focus on Spider-man and boomerang stuff specially their trust.
    I think the review is indicating that the costume will go away.Makes sense since all future covers have the og red and blue.
    Also says that we get a clean slate so the new status quo was not just a solicit lie.
    It ends with captions
    Shutterbug is Peter focused.Many references but not really a lot of connection with Heroes Reborn as a whole.They focus on peter's "flaws" so probably they focus on the shy nerd which sucks.Not gonna pick this up
    I believe we will have a “Clean Slate” when and if OMD goes away and not until. Maybe the August Solicits will give an indication if we get an end to OMD, the Kindred Story and Spencer’s run

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I believe we will have a “Clean Slate” when and if OMD goes away and not until. Maybe the August Solicits will give an indication if we get an end to OMD, the Kindred Story and Spencer’s run
    OMD will never go away.The max they will do is make the characters in the MU aware it ever happened.Clean slate in the context they said is more like Mj and Peter may move in together Boomerang goes his own way.
    Also when do we get the solicits

Astonishing Member

[QUOTE=Spiderfan001;5533508]OMD will never go away.The max they will do is make the characters in the MU aware it ever happened.Clean slate in the context they said is more like Mj and Peter may move in together Boomerang goes his own way.
    Also when do we get the solicits[/QUOTE
    There are many problems with OMD, but one that stands out is when Peter and MJ die, they go to Hell forever. I know there are some ( like Revolutionary Jack here) who disagree ( because they are atheist), but for me as a Christian ( besides a Spider-Man fan) OMD unless it is repealed offers no hope of redemption. If Marvel wanted to really break them up they could have had Peter get caught in bed with Felicia or MJ with some guy. People may not have liked it ( myself high on that list), but it would not be as reviled as it is today. There are only four things in fiction that made me angry. OMD, Silk the film Paradise Hills and the cover of BND are the four, and the very concept of OMD and the reasoning behind it is why. For me it needs to go or I will not be happy
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 05-11-2021 at 09:48 AM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

[QUOTE=NC_Yankee;5533548]
    OMD will never go away.The max they will do is make the characters in the MU aware it ever happened.Clean slate in the context they said is more like Mj and Peter may move in together Boomerang goes his own way.
    Also when do we get the solicits[/QUOTE
    There are many problems with OMD, but one that stands out is when Peter and MJ die, they go to Hell forever. I know there are some ( like Revolutionary Jack here) who disagree ( because they are atheist), but for me as a Christian ( besides a Spider-Man fan) OMD unless it is repealed offers no hope of redemption. If Marvel wanted to really break them up they could have had Peter get caught in bed with Felicia or MJ with some guy. People may not have liked it ( myself high on that list), but it would not be as reviled as it is today. There are only four things in fiction that made me angry. OMD, Silk the film Paradise Hills and the cover of BND are the four, and the very concept of OMD and the reasoning behind it is why. For me it needs to go or I will not be happy
    The worst part of that is that for all we know, part of them is already in hell forever, given Mephisto's gloating that he would always be able to hear (or have) a piece of their souls suffer for eternity over knowing what they had given up. And well, Spider-Man/Deadpool by Joe Kelly made it a plot point that Mephisto wasn't just satisfied with a piece of Spider-Man's soul, he wanted it all and was machinating to trick Peter into a position where he'd be completely beyond any hope of salvation.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Mighty Member

Do you hate Spencer's run I'm loving it

Astonishing Member

[QUOTE=Huntsman Spider;5534031]

The worst part of that is that for all we know, part of them is already in hell forever, given Mephisto's gloating that he would always be able to hear (or have) a piece of their souls suffer for eternity over knowing what they had given up. And well, Spider-Man/Deadpool by Joe Kelly made it a plot point that Mephisto wasn't just satisfied with a piece of Spider-Man's soul, he wanted it all and was machinating to trick Peter into a position where he'd be completely beyond any hope of salvation.
    You are exactly right. Here is my point and it goes to the entire Spencer run. I expect the end of OMD. If he teases the end of OMD ( like the conversation between Strange and Mephisto)and does not deliver, then when and if does it happen? Amazing 1000? Never? I guarantee I am not waiting for the next writer to do it. One of the countless reasons I dropped Amazing after Silk was the realization that OMD was not going away ( at least as long as Slott remained on the book), and I did not need to waste my time and money on something that I did not like. Post Slott I gave Marvel another chance, and on average SpencerÂ’s run has been good. Has it been on a Stern or Ditko level? No but it has not been Wolfman, JMS, Slott or Abrams Spider-Man Man either. But in order for his run to be judged a success ( at least in my eyes) OMD must go, it must be plausible and Peter needs to win. I would love the marriage to be restored but that can come later.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    Do you hate Spencer's run I'm loving it
    I actually like Spencer’s run but he still needs to stick the landing and send OMD straight to the garbage can of history.

Extraordinary Member

I read some spoilers(comicsheatingup) and will post so proceed with caution

Also can you post all the spoilers you know about

SPOILERS!!!

Kingpin bringing back rose is a twist.Can't wait to see how it plays out

Extraordinary Member

Just read the giant size and I am not impressed.It wasn't bad but it wasn't good either.

SPOILERS

We had some okay new avengers stuff in there.The black cat appearance was top-notch stuff.The boomerang betrayal is something I don't know how to feel about yet.I didn't see it coming.I love how Spencer is using boomerang as an example that Pete is way too trusting of people.They did a good job with making sure we don't see it coming.The stuff with Jonah and the suit was good.He addresses it head on and makes a mature descision.Pete actually has/had a plan which is good since he is on eof the smartest people on the planet.Jonah is well.... Jonah.Even as a friend he is an enemy.Rose isn't someone I am familiar with so I will have to do some research.But the twist in in of itself was great.Bringing his son back for his wife is better than bringing back Vanessa.

My problem is there was not a lot done.I was expecting more stuff to happen.Nothing with Kindred.Nothing with Osborn.The gangs also don't do much,we just get one panel.MJ is not present.I am guessing the new avengers and the Black cat(hopefully) will be a part of chameleon conspiracy since the scale with Latveria and Symkaria and the fact that the future depends on this and if it is anything less it will be disappointing.

Astonishing Member

Just read the giant size and I am not impressed.It wasn't bad but it wasn't good either.

SPOILERS

We had some okay new avengers stuff in there.The black cat appearance was top-notch stuff.The boomerang betrayal is something I don't know how to feel about yet.I didn't see it coming.I love how Spencer is using boomerang as an example that Pete is way too trusting of people.They did a good job with making sure we don't see it coming.The stuff with Jonah and the suit was good.He addresses it head on and makes a mature descision.Pete actually has/had a plan which is good since he is on eof the smartest people on the planet.Jonah is well.... Jonah.Even as a friend he is an enemy.Rose isn't someone I am familiar with so I will have to do some research.But the twist in in of itself was great.Bringing his son back for his wife is better than bringing back Vanessa.

My problem is there was not a lot done.I was expecting more stuff to happen.Nothing with Kindred.Nothing with Osborn.The gangs also don't do much,we just get one panel.MJ is not present.I am guessing the new avengers and the Black cat(hopefully) will be a part of chameleon conspiracy since the scale with Latveria and Symkaria and the fact that the future depends on this and if it is anything less it will be disappointing.
    The Rose is actually Richard Fisk ( Kingpin’s son). As for Boomerang, I did not see it coming but it does not shock me. If you think about it, how many in Marvel people started out as villains and became and more importantly remained heroes permanently? Eddie? Wanda? Quicksilver? ps. Silver Surfer and Frank Castle do not count because they could not be outright classified as villains.