Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

The cover to an upcoming Iron Man issue has Boomerang on it front and center already fighting another hero. It's literally Boomerang's face scowling with Iron Man reflecting in his boomerang mask.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Two disappointments in one day so far. First The ending in Spider-Woman and Fred reluctantly going back to his old ways. I was hoping he would stay reformed with a lot of Fred Shenanigans. At least he didn’t die. I seriously thought he might.
    I saw that coming but I thought they would wait for 10-15 more issues

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    The cover to an upcoming Iron Man issue has Boomerang on it front and center already fighting another hero. It's literally Boomerang's face scowling with Iron Man reflecting in his boomerang mask.
    Could you tell us where

I'm kind of surprised how strongly people feel about Boomerang.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    Kingpin wanting to bring Vanessa back to life (before choosing to bring Richard back) is weird since there have been at least two other occasions when someone brought her back from the dead (The Hand once, and The Jackal another time), and Fisk rejected the reanimated Vanessa both times. Back-from-dead Vanessa is not his real wife, he believed.
    Because he wanted the real deal back. The one in Clone Conspiracy angered him because, in the end, it was just a copy. One that defiled her memory. I like the fact his anger towards kindred wasn't solely due to the fact he wouldn't bring her back, but moreso because he pointed out that Vanessa wouldn't want to come back anyway.

Bringing Richard back was a neat twist. But, wouldn't he just go back to trying to usurp Wilson again like he always does?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Could you tell us where
    False alarm, it's just a variant cover for the Spidey villains theme. I didn't know they were doing those, it's for Iron Man #9.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    False alarm, it's just a variant cover for the Spidey villains theme. I didn't know they were doing those, it's for Iron Man #9.
    Oh okay.Glad he isn't going back to full villain this soon

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm kind of surprised how strongly people feel about Boomerang.
    Why? Spencer has done a great job making him like able. I thought Fred’s run in ASM was awesome! He added lightheartedness to the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Why? Spencer has done a great job making him like able. I thought Fred’s run in ASM was awesome! He added lightheartedness to the book.
    Yeah, but he's still always come off as kind of scummy to me. I also didn't think the dynamic would last that long, but that's just me.

Incredible Member

I didn’t really care for Boomerang because I knew the whole roommate gig and him being an “anti” hero wouldn’t last long. But now that I think about it, isn’t it a bit out of character for Peter to even continue going along with being the roommate of a someone he knows is a criminal/villain?

Incredible Member

i get that people aren't happy with freds regression but its not like with otto, who just forgot it all and went back to his old body. it was one of those 'i was faking all along' plots with the added 'maybe i did change after all' twists. he doesn't seem happy at the bar when everyone else is celebrating, so he might just show up at the end of spencers run and actually do something heroic

The two plot twists at the end are the kind where I feel stupid for not having seen it coming sooner.

Like "It's obvious in hindsight but I hadn't thought about it." I give credit to Spencer for it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    i get that people aren't happy with freds regression but its not like with otto, who just forgot it all and went back to his old body. it was one of those 'i was faking all along' plots with the added 'maybe i did change after all' twists. he doesn't seem happy at the bar when everyone else is celebrating, so he might just show up at the end of spencers run and actually do something heroic
    It was well written.The idea was risky with low payoff but the execution was good.I knew he was a jackass but Spencer really convinced me that he changed.I think it was a good commentary on Peter being to trusting and how boomerang played him.The part where he was going to the wizard was something that before the revalation really struck me.After the reveal it was a act knowing that Spider would stop him was genius in hindsight.

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    I didn’t really care for Boomerang because I knew the whole roommate gig and him being an “anti” hero wouldn’t last long. But now that I think about it, isn’t it a bit out of character for Peter to even continue going along with being the roommate of a someone he knows is a criminal/villain?
    Well, initially he was trying to use it to get "in" with Fred and find out what he was planning, but then Fred kind of won him over with his seemingly genuine turn to good.

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    You might be right. Spencer must have a soft spot for Fred. That bar scene says it all. Fred may just turn up as a hero if Peter needs him. Fred will always be Fred so I can see him juggling both sides of the coin.