Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    i know.just saying that damsel stuff was something Started by Slott.Not that peter didn't get beat up before but he always got back up.His fight with morlun and the phone call is one of my favs and it is mostly Peter getting his ass kicked.
    Spencer should finish all this up.I think he will last after august tbh.As you said the storylines are still pending.Spencer seems to have a entire run planned and I don't think Marvel will interefere.
    I agree it is overkill but it allows the next writers a lot of leeway.
    The next writer will have a great status quo and a lot of elements from Spider-man's total history were just made familiar to the modern readers.They also have a mature Peter which in in of itself is a blessing.
    Again do we have any idea where the solicits are.i hope we get them by 17th and don't have to wait till the 23rd
    My prediction for solicits will be around the 24th or 25th. The Damsel stuff is actually not Slott ( think MCU the kid being protected etc). Slott’s thing is Peter is a loser and always will be ( hence the Charlie Brown comparison ( one of the top things I hated about the Slott run ( snarky comments, BND cover and Silk being just a few more)). Basically I always felt Slott gave the readers the finger. But it has been three years and Felicia saving Peter is unacceptable. Fisk should have had his ass kicked like Peter did in prison instead of gaining a victory getting his kid back:

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    My prediction for solicits will be around the 24th or 25th. The Damsel stuff is actually not Slott ( think MCU the kid being protected etc). Slott’s thing is Peter is a loser and always will be ( hence the Charlie Brown comparison ( one of the top things I hated about the Slott run ( snarky comments, BND cover and Silk being just a few more)). Basically I always felt Slott gave the readers the finger. But it has been three years and Felicia saving Peter is unacceptable. Fisk should have had his ass kicked like Peter did in prison instead of gaining a victory getting his kid back:
    I really hope we get them sooner than that.Before the 20th I hope.
    Fair enough.
    Silk could have worked if they actually made it a Peter training her while they were dating thing.Instead they made Silk better just to piss us off.
    I think if silk is going to exist then make her interact with peter more often(not in ASM in her mini),and for the love of god don't give her another love interest.
    Also with Spider-verse we could have gotten an adult gwen the same age as peter.The teen version doesn't make sense to me.
    I do see your point.I was hoping for action too.The issue was very action deprived.The next 2 arcs should be action packed though.Again kingpin is still a part of this and I still want to see him get the beatdown he deserves.
    Also we need more Peter Science stuff as well

Astonishing Member

I really hope we get them sooner than that.Before the 20th I hope.
    Fair enough.
    Silk could have worked if they actually made it a Peter training her while they were dating thing.Instead they made Silk better just to piss us off.
    I think if silk is going to exist then make her interact with peter more often(not in ASM in her mini),and for the love of god don't give her another love interest.
    Also with Spider-verse we could have gotten an adult gwen the same age as peter.The teen version doesn't make sense to me.
    I do see your point.I was hoping for action too.The issue was very action deprived.The next 2 arcs should be action packed though.Again kingpin is still a part of this and I still want to see him get the beatdown he deserves.
    Also we need more Peter Science stuff as well
    Another problem I have with this arc is this. If Spencer wants to give Fisk a victory (bringing Richard back from Hell is very unnecessary because Spencer did that already with Mysterio and Sin Eater), have Boomerang betray Peter, and Peter have to play “Damsel “ for Felicia, that is bad enough, but instead calling it a wrap ( especially after an extra priced Giant Sized issue), he has to keep it going with Francine etc). I say let’s Zdarsky deal with Fisk and Richard in Daredevil and move on to Chameleon.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 05-16-2021 at 06:58 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Another problem I have with this arc is this. If Spencer wants to give Fisk a victory (bringing Richard back from Hell is very unnecessary because Spencer did that already with Mysterio and Sin Eater), have Boomerang betray Peter, and Peter have to play “Damsel “ for Felicia, that is bad enough, but instead calling it a wrap ( especially after an extra priced Giant Sized issue), he has to keep it going with Francine etc). I say let’s Zdarsky deal with Fisk and Richard in Daredevil and move on to Chameleon.
    I gotta say I feel like the win won't come in chameleon.maybe sinister wars or after that.We may get some good action though.

all she did was take him back to his apartment?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    all she did was take him back to his apartment?
    Great comic if you are Felicia, Wilson or Richard Fisk. Bad comic if you are Peter Parker. What is next Theresa saves Peter from Chameleon?

Great comic if you are Felicia, Wilson or Richard Fisk. Bad comic if you are Peter Parker. What is next Theresa saves Peter from Chameleon?
    yes. What is Peter not allowed to be saved?

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

yes. What is Peter not allowed to be saved?
    Peter is one of the strongest and smartest heroes in the Marvel Universe. He should not need help dealing with a guy he has beaten many times in the past in Wilson Fisk.

Peter is one of the strongest and smartest heroes in the Marvel Universe. He should not need help dealing with a guy he has beaten many times in the past in Wilson Fisk.
    He asked for help who am I to say he doesn't need it

Astonishing Member

He asked for help who am I to say he doesn't need it
    It is actually common sense if you think about it. This is being pushed by Spencer. Peter needing help from the Order of the Web with Sin Eater, now he needs help dealing with Fisk, and we also know the Two groupings of six are on the way. Does anyone think he can handle all 12 alone? This is strictly my opinion, but I get the impression that Spencer wants to write as many Peter related characters as possible, so he throws everything including the “kitchen sink” into the comic. There is an old saying “Sometimes less is more” and I think this is very true. Every story does not have to be an epic. Going from Sin Eater, to Fisk, to Chameleon then to Sinister Six, then I guess it will be Spencer writing Eddie, then do we finally get the end of Kindred ( a story that should have ended two years ago)?
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 05-17-2021 at 02:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    You might be right. Spencer must have a soft spot for Fred. That bar scene says it all. Fred may just turn up as a hero if Peter needs him. Fred will always be Fred so I can see him juggling both sides of the coin.
    Question about that bar scene. Besides Boomerang, Speed Demon and Shocker (I don't think Hydro-Man was there for some reason), should I recognize any of the others? I couldn't figure out any of them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    Question about that bar scene. Besides Boomerang, Speed Demon and Shocker (I don't think Hydro-Man was there for some reason), should I recognize any of the others? I couldn't figure out any of them.
    Hydro man is gonna be part of the Sinister six so maybe that is part of this.

If I remember correctly from my Marvel RPG and Universe books Peter has class 10 ton strength. He can bench press 20,000 pounds. That’s not Hulk strength but that is still pretty strong. He would rip Wolverines head off in a fight with ease. Sorry not a Wolverine fan and someone that wants to see him get beat up a lot. Plus Peter is fast and agile. I personally think he could take everyone of the New Avengers in a one on one fight. Plus he has a very high IQ to boot.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    If I remember correctly from my Marvel RPG and Universe books Peter has class 10 ton strength. He can bench press 20,000 pounds. That’s not Hulk strength but that is still pretty strong. He would rip Wolverines head off in a fight with ease. Sorry not a Wolverine fan and someone that wants to see him get beat up a lot. Plus Peter is fast and agile. I personally think he could take everyone of the New Avengers in a one on one fight. Plus he has a very high IQ to boot.
    That was when he was starting out.He grows stronger with age.He can do 35-40 tons without strain and can do 100+ when under stress and adrenaline.

That was when he was starting out.He grows stronger with age.He can do 35-40 tons without strain and can do 100+ when under stress and adrenaline.
    Wow! I did not know that. Fisk is going to be in chunky little pieces after Peter gets done with him.