Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 76 to 84 of 84
  1. #76
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    1,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Yeah Lorna needs a guy that is more interested in obeying her fathers orders, or has been in the past..., every X-pairing has its toxic moments, whether the pairing is romantic or not, there's even toxic elements to Lorna and Magneto's relationship...
    It's all down to the writers, they always write Exodus that way, like he holds Magneto on a pedestal , but it can easily be tweaked that this was because he wanted to impress Lorna.That is the point that he does not just like Lorna have to be beholden to Magneto's machinations or manipulations.Honestly because Exodus is romantically a blank slate, I believe if written well the romance could work. One thing about Exodus is he is loyal so if he's genuinely enamoured with someone, the drama will certainly not be because he can't make up his mind or some juvenile stuff like that

  2. #77
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,129

    Default

    People jumping to conclusions as usual.
    "Cable was right!"

  3. #78
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    It's all down to the writers, they always write Exodus that way, like he holds Magneto on a pedestal , but it can easily be tweaked that this was because he wanted to impress Lorna.That is the point that he does not just like Lorna have to be beholden to Magneto's machinations or manipulations.Honestly because Exodus is romantically a blank slate, I believe if written well the romance could work. One thing about Exodus is he is loyal so if he's genuinely enamoured with someone, the drama will certainly not be because he can't make up his mind or some juvenile stuff like that
    Though that would be a pretty big retcon for that to happen, and out of character for Exodus. I never thought that Exodus had any interest in romance with anyone, he could also become obsessive and become the stalker ex type as well, something that wouldn't help Lorna, I just wonder how long it'll be before the inevitable, Lorna and Magneto part ways and fight, as it has happened in his past with Wanda and Pietro so no reason it shouldn't with Lorna...

  4. #79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    People jumping to conclusions as usual.
    Its mostly just some gentle ribbing going on. I never actually gave my real guess about the scene. No, its not Havok and Lorna preparing to cast off their fifth iteration of their ship.

    More that I suspect this is in part a set up for the six months of whodunnit when it comes to the killing of the person who its easy to assume will be a disliked if not hated figure to mutants on the island. Was it Magneto in the parlor with the wrench? Mystique in the kitchen with the candle stick? Polaris in the pantry with the butcher knife?



    I suspect the Summers boy's eyes are a bit buggy less due to Magneto and more because Lorna's eyes are straight up white there which might be a bit unnerving to him given how she typically is when her eyes disappear.

    Last edited by jmc247; 05-12-2021 at 06:20 PM.

  5. #80
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Yeah Lorna needs a guy that is more interested in obeying her fathers orders, or has been in the past..., every X-pairing has its toxic moments, whether the pairing is romantic or not, there's even toxic elements to Lorna and Magneto's relationship...
    'Even?'

    As in there's any part of Magneto's solipsistic treatment of Lorna as some sort of extension of himself that's *not* toxic?

  6. #81
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,584

    Default

    I just meant that Lorna's relationship with Alex is repeatedly called toxic by the many Alex haters here, just saying that her relationship with Magneto imho is just as toxic as they think that her relationship with Alex is, though with Magneto Lorna will always be second chair and follow him around...

  7. #82
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    1,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Though that would be a pretty big retcon for that to happen, and out of character for Exodus. I never thought that Exodus had any interest in romance with anyone, he could also become obsessive and become the stalker ex type as well, something that wouldn't help Lorna, I just wonder how long it'll be before the inevitable, Lorna and Magneto part ways and fight, as it has happened in his past with Wanda and Pietro so no reason it shouldn't with Lorna...
    I admit even I have not imagined Exodus having interest in romance at least in current era, I always assumed the writers could bring some medieval mutant he loved from his past if they wanted to explore that side of him, but of recent I thought Lorna could be the best person to pick up that storyline. As for him being a stalker, I guess that depends on if you are a fan of his character or not.As a fan of his,I know his single mindedness and zeal is used as negative to disparage him ,but it's not necessarily a quality that always has a negative connotation.I certainly wouldn't see him as a stalker type, more like if it didn't work out he'd never love anyone else. Anyway but I'm no writer so who knows what writers would conjure up if they were open to exploring his character..

  8. #83
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I admit even I have not imagined Exodus having interest in romance at least in current era.
    He strikes me as being big on some medieval 'courtly love' ideal all about longing for someone from afar and fighting for their honor and composing sonnets to their virtues, but utterly at a loss at the idea of actually relating to or conversing with another person.

    He speaks *to* people, from a proper social distance and with suitable reserve, and is most comfortable / approving when they 'stay in their lane' and don't go outside the little boxes he's assigned them to. He doesn't speak *with* them. In his day, he'd be called a hopeless romantic or 'married to his work.' These days, he might be diagnosed as being borderline autistic.

  9. #84
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    1,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    He strikes me as being big on some medieval 'courtly love' ideal all about longing for someone from afar and fighting for their honor and composing sonnets to their virtues, but utterly at a loss at the idea of actually relating to or conversing with another person.

    He speaks *to* people, from a proper social distance and with suitable reserve, and is most comfortable / approving when they 'stay in their lane' and don't go outside the little boxes he's assigned them to. He doesn't speak *with* them. In his day, he'd be called a hopeless romantic or 'married to his work.' These days, he might be diagnosed as being borderline autistic.
    Astute observation, in fact it would be interesting if they approached his character this way with regard to romance.it kind of feeds into his inexplicable subordination to figures he reveres and keeps in the shadow of.He seems to beat the drum for others' ideals but never himself.I always explained it by presuming it is from his station as a knight in the crusades.Back then at least generally devout knights feared to heap glory on their own actions as they felt God was behind their successes or they didn't do something right if they failed.So maybe it is religious fervour making Exodus doubt his own ability to lead and always remain the loyal follower.It could also be that because back in those days knights swore fealty to their lords, to this day Exodus has that loyalty to the cause and abhors any idea of usurping his 'liege'. The angle of autism is very interesting and relatable in the current era. Maybe that can be explored in a romance.Maybe the fact that he can read minds ,makes him very self conscious, on the flip side maybe he is a loner because he blocks off any thoughts from others to himself ,preferring to believe that the honour of one's word is enough. This is a very interesting idea and I hope someone can explore it, we have plenty of love stories involving female telepaths, not to my knowledge of male telepaths(apart from Xavier's stories) .Anyway you are absolutely correct,I think if he were ever in love he would believe in the old ways like fighting something or someone to prove his 'intent'. It could be fun to play with, and I also see him as a 'hopeless' romantic.Moreover he seems to have room for opening himself up to only one person(if he's never loved or been loved) and if that fails , he will either give up on love or keep loving only that one person.He does not strike me as a guy to try again with anyone else if he was spurned or dumped(even moreso when I think of your angle)
    Last edited by Rev9; 05-14-2021 at 12:59 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •