Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Look, I am not going to get in a back and forth, and I am not even pushing this angle, but read X-Men #1, the discussion between Scott and Lorna, and there is a very specific thing said that is very intriguing (well, was intriguing at the time).
    I didn't thought there was anything romantic or hinting at it. They were talking like heirs of Xavier and Magneto about krakoa

Also if Alex doesnt deserves her, Scott also don't too haha

Well, Scott may or may not be an option, I actually thought they might have been hinting at something early on.
    I picked up that impression as well. Though at the time, they mostly had Lorna serving as something for Cyclops to talk at about his feelings, rather than someone who's had experiences of her own. Hopefully X-Men #1 is better in this regard.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Well Lorna talked about feeling embarrased by her Dad lol and also about having doubts about Krakoa working out so I think it was a nice showing of her perspective. I also liked how Scott said he included his family and her in the reason why he supports Krakoa. I wish they had more moments like this because Lorna was there when Nathan was born, she knew Maddie and was a friend of Jean so at this point she and Scott must have some level of trust and talks like this one.

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 05-09-2021 at 06:52 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Well, Scott may or may not be an option, I actually thought they might have been hinting at something early on.
    I would not discount it at this point. If it would be a good idea or not would depend entirely on the rational and execution.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Well Lorna talked about feeling embarrased by her Dad lol and also about having doubts about Krakoa working out so I think it was a nice showing of her perspective. I also liked how Scott said he included his family and her in the reason why he supports Krakoa. I wish they had more moments like this because Lorna was there when Nathan was born, she knew Maddie and was a friend of Jean so at this point she and Scott must have some level of trust and talks like this one.
    We have had this conversation before, but I don't know there if her comment 'do you really believe that' is talking about Scott telling her he has her and her father or as you believe she is sharing reservations about Krakoa.

Either way salarta is right they have been extremely limited in what they have shown Lorna's point of view to be outside of caring about Havok, but not wanting to be with him currently and caring about her father. Hopefully her next appearances manages to illuminate Lorna's point of view better in terms of what she thinks about the big stuff not related to the men around her.

As for Lorna and Scott they have talked over the years, but it was typically about his brother.

Last edited by jmc247; 05-09-2021 at 07:23 PM.

Yes I hope we see more of her perspective on the new team, so far her team work looks really good so lest hope Duggan also brings his A game characterwise for her.

I would not mind to see her and Scott be closer or even a couple but I think that would hardly be possible given comics tendency to keep things the same so Jean/Scott and Lorna/Alex are the designed couples and Jean and her are friends but a friendship when they talk about Krakoa or the X-men team would be nice to see.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 05-09-2021 at 07:29 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Yes I hope we see more of her perspective on the new team, so far her team work looks really good so lest hope Duggan also brings his A game characterwise for her.

I would not mind to see her and Scott be closer or even a couple but I think that would hardly be possible given comics tendency to keep things the same so Jean/Scott and Lorna/Alex are the designed couples and Jean and her are friends but a relationship similar to the one Storm and Scott share would be interesting to see.
    More like Lorna and scott together does very little for the story. She dated his brother that is a deal breaker, I relaly don't get why summers brothers are the only options she has.

Agreed so far she only has been with Alex and Bobby so it would not hurt to see her be with someone else for a change, I liked her relationship with Eclipse on the Gifted but he doesn´t exist on the comics still I would not mind if they did a version of him in the MU.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 05-09-2021 at 07:38 PM.

Agreed so far she only has been with Alex and Bobby so it would not hurt to see her be with someone else for a change, I liked her relationship with Eclipse on the Gifted but he doesn´t exist on the comics still I would not mind if they did a version of him in the MU.
    I don't think we need more new mutants. Maybe Lorna and sunfire could have something

Well it would make sense with Krakoa given how many mutants are living there or he could even be a Genosha survivor she meet while she lived there.

Sunfire and her mmm, well they were part of Apocalypse´s horsemen sadly that was the only time I have seen them talk to each other but who knows, maybe they could get interested in each other at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    More like Lorna and scott together does very little for the story. She dated his brother that is a deal breaker, I relaly don't get why summers brothers are the only options she has.
    It probably should be a character broadly of the same era plus or minus a decade.

If it makes you feel better I looked back and Lorna hasn’t had the best opinion of Scott or at least the disfunction between the Summers and relationships going way back.
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-09-2021 at 08:52 PM.

Astonishing Member

Magneto's garb is just ridiculous. You don't need to have him have a cape and helmet everytime , but they could have designed a classier outfit than this.He looks like a circus master of old.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    *worded preview*
    It's nice how hollow and to a degree self-fooling Alex's reasoning for why the rest of the Hellions aren't meant to come to the gala sound, considering he himself is entourage for Mister Sinister and then there are all the other monsters they allow to the Gala purely because of their powers or political/social position in the nation.

There are mutants invited who's body count of both parents and children exceed anything Orphan Maker could ever match.

Though thinking about monsters, i start to wonder if the election shorts are actualy canon or were just fun hypoetheticals, since if Marrow was actualy invited to the gala, it shows that they allready allowed people in who are one bad day away from becomming prime Hellions material aswell (judging by her last 3 appearances she still has a hair trigger temper and lust for fighting).

Better hope she and Greycrow don't meet (compared to her the Morlocks in issue 1 are reasonable and restrained).

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I'll field this! And bear in mind I'm a little durnk and therefore can't be held responsible for anything bad that I say. I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

The problem runs deeper than simply "if Polaris and Havok interact." There's a history here of Lorna being robbed of her own agency, personality and opportunities to cater to what's best for Havok. It's not just bad writing. It's decades worth of it, deeply ingrained into nostalgia and perceptions of what Lorna can offer. She went without an origin story until 2012. Without leading her own team until 2014. To date, Havok's the only person she's been written as having a relationship with in all her 52 years, while Havok's been with roughly one other woman per decade. And that's not getting into how often any development she has gets reset and ignored to reduce her to Havok's supporting character girlfriend every time they're in relationship. We've gone over 15 years with Marvel acting like the Genoshan genocide never happened to Lorna, but they constantly have to force this relationship to come up like dating Havok is the most important thing she's ever done with her life.

This godawful X-Men Blue #28 cover is a good visual demonstration of what I mean. That's just 3 years ago. And they've been forcing "subtle" reminders in their stories for the past few years.

The relationship is currently toxic. It needs a lot of time apart with each character doing their own thing before it can be made truly viable. Lorna especially needs a lot of work done with her to ensure her development isn't thrown away yet again for Havok's convenience if they get together again. Every time Marvel does something like this, it raises all the red flags. It makes fans doubt Marvel can do anything good with Lorna, and therefore make anything worth reading and supporting. Because instead of bringing up far more important things about her, like surviving Genosha, or having launched Krakoa into space, or having been the second woman to join the X-Men, Marvel keeps going back to how useful she's been in promoting a man they like.

That's why it's a big deal. It's not just the two of them interacting. It's the loaded toxic history their interactions remind everyone of, and the threat of a return to more of that old toxicity just to cater to some old time nostalgia. Marvel needs to do more work with Lorna, without forcing Havok into her business, to not raise red flags every time they do this.
    You are so correct on their relationship. It’s beyond toxic! Alex abandoned Lorna on more than one occasion. First he left her to head back to the X-men and left her vulnerable to Malice. Add to that when he sees her as Malice he doesn’t even try to help free her. Then he cheats on Lorna with Madelyn (not sure of spelling) during the Inferno storyline. That’s a pathetic way to be a boyfriend! It doesn’t matter how many times they got back together after that. It always ended up to Lorna getting screwed!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    I didn't thought there was anything romantic or hinting at it. They were talking like heirs of Xavier and Magneto about krakoa

Also if Alex doesnt deserves her, Scott also don't too haha
    The summers men seem to have way to much drama when it comes to comic romances.I'd prefer enigmas like Exodus to get into a relationship with Lorna.Exodus and Lorna could be a slowburn that explores something new and unexpected.

Ultimate Member

Yeah Lorna needs a guy that is more interested in obeying her fathers orders, or has been in the past..., every X-pairing has its toxic moments, whether the pairing is romantic or not, there's even toxic elements to Lorna and Magneto's relationship...