Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

The House of M faction itself is an interesting if quite undeveloped idea. We have seen a ton of some of the other habitats and groups, but at best narrow glimpses in their faction. It feels like it will be relevant some time down the road, but right now they are just around and sort of blended into the scenery in a strange way like their current costumes.
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-07-2021 at 08:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    It seems Nanny, Orphan Maker, Greycrow and Wildchild (did Empath got killed again or left in Murderworld?) are more "dragged along" as accessory of Sinister. Maybe he sees it akin to celebrities bringing their pets along for a gala.
    Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    That pimp is Magneto? What the hell?
    You guys are cracking me up today!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    They won't, but I say if she wants to bang her ex....good on her.
    This seems the opposite of good

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I think it's pretty clear that Alex is petitioning (begging) Magneto to change his position on resurrecting Maddie and Lorna is dragging him away to prevent him from embarrassing himself any more than he already has, not rekindling any relationship.

So Wildchild is going to attack Greycrow because he perceives him as competition for his alpha Kwannon, right?
    I'm Late to the party (or Gala)! This is exactly how I'm reading the scene too. That does not look like Lorna is dragging Alex away for some private snogging. More of a "I'm pulling you aside to tell you how it is and how to be a damn adult" feel

Mighty Member

I’m all for Greylocke.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    I’m all for Greylocke.
    Psycrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Do you by chance happen to hate Lorna?
    Nope. She went through a lot of bad stuff, but I love her and Alex together. Especially in PAD’s X-Factor.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Psycrow.
    Wow. An Earthworm Jim reference!

Ultimate Member

Actually it looks like it's just Alex and Magneto talking, so ALex wouldn't be embarrasing himself in front of anyone, maybe Lorna just gets jealous if anybody else talks to her dad...Alex isn't yelling at Magneto or causing a scene imho from those panels...

"Like a boy who needs attention?" - Queen Nanny.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I think the situation must be something like "Lorna is going to be part of the X-Men while Alex is in Hellions".

She is having much more success in Krakoa.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I think the situation must be something like "Lorna is going to be part of the X-Men while Alex is in Hellions".

She is having much more success in Krakoa.
    But is she though? Alex is a major part of the best X-book out right now. So from one perspective she is by virtue of being on the flagship title but only by virtue of a fan vote. While Alex is a foundational piece of the well written well drawn island of misfit toys title, while Lorna is a plus one to Hickman's Uncanny plans.

Where is Empath? Is he invited? not?
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    But is she though? Alex is a major part of the best X-book out right now. So from one perspective she is by virtue of being on the flagship title but only by virtue of a fan vote. While Alex is a foundational piece of the well written well drawn island of misfit toys title, while Lorna is a plus one to Hickman's Uncanny plans.
    I highly doubt that Alex or Lorna know that their lives are part of a better or worse written comic.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    It depends on how X-Men goes for her. Lorna has been adrift as a character ever since M-Day with writers mixing and matching characterization and nostalgia without rebuilding the core idea for what the character represents and why she matters that doesn't involve a discussion of other characters.

Hickman himself seems a fan of the idea not used in the comics since 2004 of her as one of the inheritors of one of the two ideological founders of the mutant rights movement's dreams. With Jean and Scott as inheritors of the other founder's dreams.

That concept really hasn't bled through very well in many of the other things she has been doing of late. But, its a pretty good idea that if followed through on would help to define the ground rules of Lorna's interaction with other characters. No ground rules for what Lorna thinks or believes led to a mess with the character.
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-08-2021 at 08:07 AM.