Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The Cartoon Network books from Boom Studios and IDW are definitely worth a look if you're a fan of the shows. My Little Pony, Ghostbusters and The X-Files are also pretty good.

BANNED

I Can Vouch For My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic My Little Pony Friends Forever Adventure Time And Ghostbusters(Although i Stopped reading after #9 of the newest set)

can't really say much about regular show since i only read the first two issues and honestly that first storyline kinda sucked....

Steven Universe Looks Like It Could Be Pretty Good though And The Amazing World Of Gumball Has Quite An Imaginative World to draw from...So It's gonna be interesting to see how they fit into the boom studios Kaboom! Line

I really agree with IGN's Top 10 Star Wars comics of all time, even if I have never read the early books published by Marvel, some of which are included. Those were published before I could even read, let alone understand the English language :P
    Last edited by Geralt of Rivia; 05-08-2014 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Legionnaire Sarigar View Post
    Boom's Farscape comics were fun.
    This. Farscape was my favorite TV show during the 4+ years it was on the air back when watching the Sci Fi channel still meant something, I hope the comic to TV projects in development will bring that flair back.

I really do have to catch up with the comics, I've only read the first four arcs and loved it so far as a much needed fifth season.

EDIT: The new TV movie announcement has my curiosity picked, fingers crossed it will actually happen.
    Last edited by Geralt of Rivia; 05-08-2014 at 03:30 PM.

BANNED

I'm currently getting Star Trek, Serenity, Woods and Ostranders Star Wars books in trade, Grimm, X-Files...looking forward to the new Doctor Who comics...

I really dig Dynamite Entertainment's 'The Twilight Zone' but keep in mind I'm already a big Twilight Zone fan ... if you're not, you probably won't get much out of the comic book

Another vote for Adventure Time here. This is the way licensed comics should be done, a very strong, consistent main series by comedy genius Ryan North; accompanied by a few mini-series and annuals every year done by more indie talent. Absolutely stellar work, rightfully deserved that Eisner. And I don't even watch the show!
    Also has Avatar: Last Airbender been mentioned yet? Dark Horse does these and they're a continuation of the show. I mostly just like these because Avatar: Legend of Korra has been pretty dissapointing for me, so getting the old characters in a comic is as good as.

In addition to Powerpuff Girls, Samurai Jack has been good, and the four-issue Dexter's Laboratory is fun.

Then there's the Super Secret Crisis War coming next month.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by havok1977 View Post
    I really agree with IGN's Top 10 Star Wars comics of all time, even if I have never read the early books published by Marvel, some of which are included. Those were published before I could even read, let alone understand the English language :P
    That is a pretty good list. In the old Marvel series there was a lot that was kinda goofy, but there was always a great storyline mixed in that made the series fun like The Wheel Saga, The House of Tagge storyline, the Shiera Brie storyline.

My personal favorites lately have been:

Star Wars: Legacy - both series have just been fantastic
    Star Wars: Dark Times - Such a great book about the last of the jedi trying to stay alive after the fall of the Republic.
    Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - Zayne Carrick became one of my all time favorite Star Wars characters. 50 issues of awesome.

Fantastic Member Captain Buttocks's Avatar

IDW have some great licensed books just now.

TMNT is excellent

Transformers : More Than Meets The Eye - brilliant - reminds me of Red Dwarf. Frequently hilarious and deeply moving.

I havent read IDW's My Little Pony, but the sales it has been doing are great for the industry in general, so I'm tempted to buy a trade. I hear good things.

Quote Originally Posted by spenny View Post
    I think Transformers/G.I. Joe (first issue in July) is going to be a great and innovative licensed comic.
    I thought the FCBD issue of this was completely awesome.

Officially have to recommend Nightbreed now that I have finally read issue 1. Great for a license book to start telling stories about the characters rather than retell the same story from the movie or attempt to muddy the established continuity.

Not to mention most of the pulp books from Dynamite, Flash Gordon, the Gold Key titles.

What makes me like licensed books is that they strike a perfect balance.
    They have to be exciting enough to pull in readers (and keep them) while at the same time be delicate with the characters (in fear of losing the contract or it not being renewed).

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Not to mention most of the pulp books from Dynamite, Flash Gordon, the Gold Key titles . . .
    Unfortunately, Dynamite's pulp-related line is ending most of its titles. There will be a new limited series called Justice Inc. with Doc Savage, The Shadow, and The Avenger, but nobody at Dynamite is saying what (if anything) might come after that.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Unfortunately, Dynamite's pulp-related line is ending most of its titles. There will be a new limited series called Justice Inc. with Doc Savage, The Shadow, and The Avenger, but nobody at Dynamite is saying what (if anything) might come after that.
    Therein lies the only problem with licensed properties.
    You never know when the license will be up or if the books will garner enough readers to justify the licensing cost.
    The best you can hope for is an extended maxi-series and then be glad if it lasts longer.