Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
The whole icy-calm attitude that's common to assassins in fiction, I find, is harder to pull off than it looks. Blackman's trying, that much is clear, but there's a point at which you strip so much expression from a character's thoughts and speech that it goes past practiced taciturn and ends up just being kinda boring. I had the same problem with the first few issues of Nathan Edmondson's Black Widow - haven't read the latter issues yet so maybe that's improved, I dunno.

To make this clear, I'm not asking for one-liners or Elektra exchanging quips like a bad '80s Stallone action flick or anything. That would be wildly OOC. But even without humour there's a world of euphemisms and shorthand and slang terms and other expressions that could/would make her feel more fleshed-out without sacrificing what works about her. She might be cold but she's not a robot. She's had a life, with all the love and pain and misery and delight that entails, and just because she's willingly suppressing a lot of it in her memory doesn't mean it hasn't affected her worldview.

All that said, it's pretty clear you care more about this character than I do, so if you're enjoying the series this much, Blackman's plainly doing something right.

sorry but thats not really the type of character elektra is. for the most part shes always let her actions speak for her. i felt the writer didn't have quite a good handle on her in the begining issue but i felt through subsequent issues hes got her character down tight. we have been given a lot of insight to the elektra character these issues her feelings of sadness and guilt and self reflection is probably the most that has ever been done to her character in such a short time frame. [minus that ridiculous 90's ongoing she had]