Hi everybody,

I started reading comics a couple months ago. I've read in the 80's and 90's. I am currently reading: Superman, Action Comics, Detective Batman, Batman, The Joker, Catwoman, Robin, Nightwing, Harley Quinn, Wonder Woman, JL, Flash, Green Lantern and Infinite Frontier, all printed books. Also from DC, Crisis on Infinite Earths (book). From Marvel I am reading Amazing Spider-Man (printed and digital), Hulk and Daredevil (both digital).

Even though I'm enjoying a lot rediscovering all these heroes and series, there is something that I am not so crazy about: the art on today's books. I figured that what bothers me more is the colour, not so much the pencil/ink. Yes, some art (pencil) seems a little to "modern" for my taste but most of the time I can understand it and live with it; but the colour... I assume that most if not all the colour are painted digitally...which might be the reason I don't like it. It's too "digital".

It also seems that reading the digital version of the book is even worse. To finish it off, I don't dislike them all. For ex: The Joker, Batman, Nightwing and some others I like it.

So what are your thoughts on today's art? Do you all like it? Does some people read only old comics because of the art?

Thanks.