Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Who would make the best Green Lantern?

Given their personal strengths and personalities, who would make the strongest Green Lantern and whose powers in combo with the ring would make them strongest.

1. Kal-el, of course. We've seen him as a candidate and one in the far future as Superman Prime living in the sun.

2. Goku, right after the Tournament of Power.

3. Jiren, same time

4. Adult Naruto, with the Nine Tails

5. Current Ichigo

6. Cartoon Invincible

7. MCU Captain America

One might do the same with villains as yellow Lanterns if you want.

My choice for Green Lantern would be...

Silver Surfer

My choice for Yellow Lantern would be...

Thanos

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

luffy, of course.

willpower for years.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Out of those choices, MCU Cap, probably. Followed by Jiren and Goku perhaps?
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Given their personal strengths and personalities, who would make the strongest Green Lantern and whose powers in combo with the ring would make them strongest.

1. Kal-el, of course. We've seen him as a candidate and one in the far future as Superman Prime living in the sun.

2. Goku, right after the Tournament of Power.

3. Jiren, same time

4. Adult Naruto, with the Nine Tails

5. Current Ichigo

6. Cartoon Invincible

7. MCU Captain America

One might do the same with villains as yellow Lanterns if you want.
    Of those listed here? I think Naruto would probably be the best at it. They've all got acres of willpower but Naruto specifically has a ton of feats for creative thinking with his powers and interesting strategy that would make the ring really work for him.

He'd be closer to like Kyle Rayner style GL while someone like Captain America would be more like... Kilowog for example.

Goku and Jiren would likely refuse to use it, the ring is drastically beneath their level of personal power anyway and neither of them are likely to be that fussed about the more esoteric applications of the ring.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Of those listed here? I think Naruto would probably be the best at it. They've all got acres of willpower but Naruto specifically has a ton of feats for creative thinking with his powers and interesting strategy that would make the ring really work for him.

He'd be closer to like Kyle Rayner style GL while someone like Captain America would be more like... Kilowog for example.

Goku and Jiren would likely refuse to use it, the ring is drastically beneath their level of personal power anyway and neither of them are likely to be that fussed about the more esoteric applications of the ring.
    I agree with the last point definitely. I was just talking about pure willpower. Jiren and Goku are loaded with it.

The analysis of MCU Cap being more Kilowog than Kyle seems on point. Not knowing Naruto well enough to include him, and with the others all most definitely being "blunt instrument" types, I chose the one who I view as having the highest pure willpower.

Shamefully, I've never read or watched Naruto and thus can't speak to that at all.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

I've never really understood what actually measures having high will power.

I'd nominate Doctor Who's The Doctor!

Astonishing Member

Taichi Yagami, in Our War Game movie, he's shown to gain occassional superpowers from his willpower alone
    Last edited by Masonicon; 05-07-2021 at 06:57 PM.
    whatever Scientists tells us what they believes are the only things that exists in Reality(our world), they treats what US government and mainstream news media said about things like 9/11, CO2 Emissions, and so on as their gospel

https://lnk.bio/Masonicon

calling Real Life Martial Artists that can break walls "Comic Book Peak Human" is like calling Pre-new52!Cassandra Cain "Shounen Manga character"

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    I agree with the last point definitely. I was just talking about pure willpower. Jiren and Goku are loaded with it.

The analysis of MCU Cap being more Kilowog than Kyle seems on point. Not knowing Naruto well enough to include him, and with the others all most definitely being "blunt instrument" types, I chose the one who I view as having the highest pure willpower.

Shamefully, I've never read or watched Naruto and thus can't speak to that at all.
    Goku might keep the ring, just to give him some protection against the vacuum of space. Or to give it to Goten, who might enjoy that kinda thing just like Kid Goku would.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Y'know, Goku might take the Green Lantern ring as an opportunity to get back to his staff-fighting roots with a cosmic-tier Nyoi-bo as well. Maybe also brush up on some other weapon-based martial arts now that he's got something that can create weapons that he can use without worrying too much about breaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post
    I don't disagree, but it makes me wonder how much willpower boosts the power of the ring. The stronger one's willpower, the stronger the constructs. So then if the ring is weaker than them but if their willpower is really up there, would that mean the ring would operate much higher than its usual parameters, or would that overload the ring altogether?

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

The rings seem to stack quite nicely with an existing power set. See Sodam Yat and Mongul, among others.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    The rings seem to stack quite nicely with an existing power set. See Sodam Yat and Mongul, among others.
    'cept for being unable to help at all with the lead poisoning
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Tomzilla View Post
    I'd nominate Doctor Who's The Doctor!
    In particular, 12.