Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Looking forward to Dreamer debuting in the comics universe. Wonder if she will be the most popular new character of the decade. Would love it if she ended up crossing paths with LoSH.
    I guess in the comics we could actually see her meet Dream Girl, although I'd rather she meet an old version of the character instead of Bendis'.

Seems like the Shining Knight redesign is getting used.

https://twitter.com/LucianoVecchio/s...37224652492800

Extraordinary Member

When does the issue come out?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    When does the issue come out?
    14 minutes ago in digital format, otherwise tomorrow.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Let’s see I just this digitally and if I had to pick stories I really liked it would be Midnighter/Gregorio, Alan Scott, and Jess Chambers as my top three.

Midnighter because I’m always a fan of Midnighter just beating the hell out of anything and Stephen Bryne’s art is something I’ve been enjoying a lot of lately. Gregorio is more a narrator but he’s in the story too.

Alan Scott’s was nice just to see him and Todd just talk not to mention explore a bit of Alan’s pass given how people like him were treated in the 1930’s/40’s and how he had to keep a part of his life secret.

Jess Chambers is just fun, they are getting ready for a date with Andy Curry and basically run into their own version of Mirror Master. Nothing to serious and Danny Lore does a great job writing Jess as not too serious and very fun.

Edit: Also are they teasing a Reene Montoya Question series? Because I think her story was the only one that ended with “Just the Beginning”
    Last edited by sifighter; 06-08-2021 at 05:28 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

spoilers:
    Dreamer's story seems to be set in the TV universe and she wasn't a member of JLQ which consists of Extrano, Tasmanian Devil, Aqualad, Syl, Aerie, Wink, Steel (Nat), Traci 13, Apollo. Midnighter, Batwoman, Tremor, Crush, Shining Knight, Bunker and Ray. The only thing that seemed off with the Dreamer story was Brainiac 5's physical appearance looking more like the comics version then the TV version who has the disk on the forehead.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Lonewolf36; 06-08-2021 at 06:27 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    spoilers:
    Dreamer's story seems to be set in the TV universe and she wasn't a member of JLQ which consists of Extrano, Tasmanian Devil, Aqualad, Syl, Aerie, Wink, Steel (Nat), Traci 13, Apollo. Midnighter, Batwoman, Tremor, Crush, Shining Knight, Bunker and Ray. The only thing that seemed off with the Dreamer story was Brainiac 5's physical appearance looking more like the comics version then the TV version who has the disk on the forehead.
    end of spoilers
    The Dreamer story was weird. I know it’s the actor writing it. But I couldn’t tell what continuity it was in.

I liked the majority of the stories, it was a nice compilation of stories (I really liked Batwoman's and Midnighter's).

My favorites are Batwoman, Midnighter, and Jess Chambers/Andy Curry. It was very solid overall.

I also think the Reene Montoya story teases a series. Makes me wonder if a new series spinning out of an anthology will become the norm.

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    My favorites are Batwoman, Midnighter, and Jess Chambers/Andy Curry. It was very solid overall.

I also think the Reene Montoya story teases a series. Makes me wonder if a new series spinning out of an anthology will become the norm.
    I thought something similar with the Asian Pride anthology.

And I really hope we see more of Pied Piper and Drummer Boy fighting crime together.

The Dreamer story was weird. I know it’s the actor writing it. But I couldn’t tell what continuity it was in.
    Same here that was my take as well.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Same here that was my take as well.
    I guess we shouldn’t be too picky since the Flash story takes place in Future State continuity.

I guess we shouldn’t be too picky since the Flash story takes place in Future State continuity.
    That's Very True. Looking back at the story i'm not sure anything story wise sets it outside the mainstream universe since the last Supergirl series puts her in National City and introduced the Danvers, had Catco and Cat Grant and the DEO.
    Last edited by Lonewolf36; 06-08-2021 at 02:49 PM.

Dreamer's story mentioned the "tower" (Brainiac said she should take the villain she's just apprehended there), which is Supergirl's new HQ after the DEO was destroyed - so it doesn't fit in comic book continuity.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Sifighter wrote, "Also are they teasing a Reene Montoya Question series? Because I think her story was the only one that ended with “Just the Beginning”"
    I hope so. Something with Greg Rucka-level writing I'd buy that.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet