Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Didn't like Jess and Andy, because the later has been reduced to the role of a mere love interest, when she is a superhero in her own right. Besides if you didn't know who she was you couldn't figure out she was Aquawoman.

Yeah, Jess was late for a date because they were fighting a villain? If they'd just called her, maybe she could've helped out!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Jess was late for a date because they were fighting a villain? If they'd just called her, maybe she could've helped out!
    If you didn't know beforehand she was Andy Curry, could you say from this story it was her? anything that distinguished her as such? not implying that she should do some sort of heroics, but at least something singled it was her, a simple small aqua logo.
    Last edited by Goldrake; 06-09-2021 at 05:25 AM.

Incredible Member

Alan and Obsidian's was my favorite, it had more substance than I was expecting from a oneshot anthology.

Quote Originally Posted by M L A View Post
    Alan and Obsidian's was my favorite, it had more substance than I was expecting from a oneshot anthology.
    Yeah, it was also a great story and it was nice to see Damon again.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

I just finished it, I really enjoyed it, but I felt the stories were all a bit rushed. If they had made it maybe about 20 pages longer, the stories would've been more fleshed out.

I will admit, I didn't read the Harley Quinn/Poison Ivy one, I am tired of HQ and don't like her very much.

My faves were the Green Lantern/Obsidian story, the Batwoman story, and the Extrano & Midnighter story.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Yeah, it was also a great story and it was nice to see Damon again.
    Me too and I had completely forgotten about him. I thought the character originated in the CHASE series but if the website I just visited is correct, his first appearance was in 2004 in Andreyko's awesome MANHUNTER series. It's hard to believe he was created nearly two decades ago.

OK, I admit I bought this as a sign of support as many of the characters inside I didn't have any idea about. But even the characters I didn't know (more recent ones as I knew who Extrano was) were in enjoyable stories with a vriety of art and story styles, which I love to see in a thick perfect bound anthology.

I liked the quick Question story setting characters and relationships up for something in the future that hopefully won't be buried in one of a plethora of batbooks.

Ivy's comment "we still have to talk" is enough to scare anybody in a relationship.

Alan and Todd came off like a connected loving father and son. That is something I enjoyed seeing.

I will say I was disappointed to pick up an issue of DC Pride and not see a single lion.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    OK, I admit I bought this as a sign of support as many of the characters inside I didn't have any idea about. But even the characters I didn't know (more recent ones as I knew who Extrano was) were in enjoyable stories with a vriety of art and story styles, which I love to see in a thick perfect bound anthology.

I liked the quick Question story setting characters and relationships up for something in the future that hopefully won't be buried in one of a plethora of batbooks.

Ivy's comment "we still have to talk" is enough to scare anybody in a relationship.

Alan and Todd came off like a connected loving father and son. That is something I enjoyed seeing.

I will say I was disappointed to pick up an issue of DC Pride and not see a single lion.
    Hard to see the lion when so much Catman is in the way

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    Hard to see the lion when so much Catman is in the way

Oh, damn, now I see it. Thank you for pointing it out. That was embarrassing.

I am lucky the joke wasn't the "mane" part of my post.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

lol - we need a Like button! You would've just earned one.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman