Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default DC Pride Anthology

PRIDE INTRODUCTION

The DC Universe is visually represented as a kaleidoscope of color, encompassing the courage, empathy, strength, and passion that’s left an indelible mark on DC’s storytelling for the past 85+ years. DC’s comic books call to mind the world around us, which makes the characters and their adventures equal parts entertaining, inspiring, and meaningful to audiences of every generation across the globe. These may be Superheroes and super-villains, but the more you get to know them, the more you realize they can’t be boxed in by those binary labels. Like all of us, there’s a humanity present, which includes perfections, faults, successes, failures, doubt, pride, and everything in between. We welcome everyone to find and celebrate their places in the ever-expanding DC Universe! #DCPride

DC Pride #1

written by James Tynion IV, Mariko Tamaki, Steve Orlando,
    Vita Ayala, Nicole Maines, Danny Lore, Sam Johns,
    Sina Grace, and Andrew Wheeler
    art by KLAUS JANSON, AMY REEDER, STEPHEN BYRNE, TRUNG LÊ
    NGUYEN, LUCIANo VECCHIO, LISA STERLE, RACHAEL STOTT, RO STEIN,
    TED BRANDT, SKYLAR PATRIDGE, AND MORE!
    cover by Jim Lee, Scott Williams, and Tamra Bonvillain
    Pride card stock variant cover by JEN BARTEL
    ON SALE 6/8/2021
    $9.99 US | 80 PAGES | Prestige | DC

DC celebrates Pride Month with nine all-new stories starring fan-favorite LGBTQIA+ characters Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy, Midnighter, Extraño, Batwoman, Aqualad, Alan Scott, Obsidian, Future State Flash, Renee Montoya, Pied Piper, and many more! This anthology will also feature:
    —The thrilling introduction of new hero DREAMER in the DCU
    (as seen on The CW’s Supergirl)!
    —A pinup gallery with art by Travis Moore, Kris Anka, Kevin Wada, Sophie Campbell, Nick Robles, and more!
    —Six exciting new profiles of DCTV’s LGBTQIA+ characters and the actors who play them!

Extraordinary Member

“The Wrong Side of the Looking Glass” by James Tynion IV, Trung Le Nguyen and Aditya Bidikar (Batwoman):

“By the Victors” by Steve Orlando, Stephen Byrne and Josh Reed (Extraño and Midnighter):

“Try the Girl” by Vita Ayala, Skylar Patridge, José Villarrubia and Ariana Maher (Renee Montoya):

Extraordinary Member

“Another Word for a Truck to Move Your Furniture” by Mariko Tamaki, Amy Reeder, Marissa Louise and Ariana Maher (Poison Ivy & Harley Quinn):

“He’s the Light of My Life” by Sam Johns, Klaus Janson, Dave McCaig and Tom Napolitano (Alan Scott and Obsidian):

“Clothes Makeup Gift” by Danny Lore, Lisa Sterle, Enrica Eren Angiolini and Becca Carey (Jess Chambers and Andy Curry):

Extraordinary Member

“Be Gay, Do Crimes” by Sina Grace, Ro Stein & Ted Brandt and Aditya Bidikar (Pied Piper and Drummer Boy):

“Date Night” by Nicole Maines, Rachael Stott, Enrica Eren Angiolini and Steve Wands (Dreamer):

“Love Life” by Andrew Wheeler, Luciano Vecchio, Rain Beredo and Becca Carey (Jackson Hyde and JLQ):

I gotta get this on my list.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Never heard of Extraño - would've thought that was Doctor Strange if I saw that panel without context.

I see we have a story set in Future State and another set in the Arrowverse. Is that guy with Aqualad a new hero named Butterfly by any chance? Just look at the top he's wearing.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Love what I'm seeing. Can't wait to read this. Nice to see Andy & Jess together again. They were the best to come out of FS: JL, imo.

I would've also mistaken Extraño for Doctor Strange.

Yeah that is very dr.strange-esque, right down to the mustache and cape. Also the guy with Kaldur kind of reminds me of Flex Mentallo.

Either way this looks really good, has a lot of characters that I like and with a decent crop of creative teams on it as well.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Never heard of Extraño - would've thought that was Doctor Strange if I saw that panel without context.
    He's the Big Two's first obviously gay character from the 80's (his sexuality wasn't explicitly mentioned but he was a flaming caricature who called himself "Auntie" and then got AIDS from a vampire and died).

Recently, Steve Orlando rebooted him and made into a suave, Doctor Strange type in one of the Apollo and Midnighter or Midnight solo minis.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

I see we have a story set in Future State and another set in the Arrowverse. Is that guy with Aqualad a new hero named Butterfly by any chance? Just look at the top he's wearing.
    Extrano was the first openly gay DC superhero: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extra%C3%B1o

Orlando re-introduced him into modern continuity in the Midnighter and Apollo miniseries a few years back:

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    He's the Big Two's first obviously gay character from the 80's (his sexuality wasn't explicitly mentioned but he was a flaming caricature who called himself "Auntie" and then got AIDS from a vampire and died).

Recently, Steve Orlando rebooted him and made into a suave, Doctor Strange type in one of the Apollo and Midnighter or Midnight solo minis.

Beat me to it.

Art looks great for each story .

I'm guessing that's Drummer Boy Piper is fighting?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Art looks great for each story .

I'm guessing that's Drummer Boy Piper is fighting?
    No, it's a new character. Sina Grace confirmed it in an interview a couple of weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    No, it's a new character. Sina Grace confirmed it in an interview a couple of weeks ago.
    But they seem to be drumming...

Are we sure it's not a Drummer GIRL? I see earrings there.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman