Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But they seem to be drumming...
    https://www.denofgeek.com/comics/dc-...-and-creators/

It's a new character.

Shame that Mikaal Tomas isn't here. I know we haven't seen him in quite a while, but him and Congorilla were a fun pair.

And I don't know why but that Pied Piper + Drummer boy story is something I really want to read.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Pretty cool that Marvel let DC use Dr. Strange for one of their stories!

I assume that the Dreamer story takes place in the Arrow-verse. If I pick this up, it'll be for that.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post

I assume that the Dreamer story takes place in the Arrow-verse. If I pick this up, it'll be for that.
    I think it was said this would bring Dreamer to the mainstream DC Universe much like Tai Pham/Green Lantern in the Asian special. Could be wrong on this though.

Maines also spoke about the announcement on Twitter. "I'm SO excited to be able to say that I've been working with DC Comics to introduce Dreamer into the DC Universe with an 8-pager of her very own!" she wrote.

https://www.cbr.com/supergirl-nicole...e-comic-debut/
    Last edited by Lonewolf36; 05-07-2021 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post

The super logo on her laptop made me curious how they'll work her here.

Extraordinary Member

DC Pride #1 Preview (Batwoman Story)
    Writers: James Tynion IV, Steve Orlando, Vita Ayala, Mariko Tamaki, Sam Johns, Danny Lore, Sina Grace, Nichole Maines, Andrew Wheeler
    Artists: Trung Le Ngyuen, Stephen Byrne, Skylar Partridge, Amy Reeder, Klaus Johnson, Lisa Sterle, Ro Stein, Ted Brandt, Rachel Stott, Luciano Vecchio

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

While it's nice to see this, I would've been more impressed with their commitment to "pride" if this'd been a series-- even a "mini-series" of four issues or so--rather than this one, rather expensive, volume: a series would have stretched out awareness across several months, would've allowed for more background for each character within a story (I'm envisioning two stories per issue), could've been "An Event" style offering rather than this one-shot. This, to me, has more sense of jumping on the wagon while the time is hot with a financial high-return, than a sense of actual concern for an on-going issue. I repeat, though, of course it's nice to see this at all...
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

I'm still kind of questioning Alan Scott they go on and off with the JSA members and having this is really not making me happy to see this character be changed since they could have it be about Alan Scott coming to terms with his son sexuality not his own. And I don't think Dc will walk it back. I don't mind the others characters in the pride comic

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    While it's nice to see this, I would've been more impressed with their commitment to "pride" if this'd been a series-- even a "mini-series" of four issues or so--rather than this one, rather expensive, volume: a series would have stretched out awareness across several months, would've allowed for more background for each character within a story (I'm envisioning two stories per issue), could've been "An Event" style offering rather than this one-shot. This, to me, has more sense of jumping on the wagon while the time is hot with a financial high-return, than a sense of actual concern for an on-going issue. I repeat, though, of course it's nice to see this at all...

I get and agree to an extant with your sentiment (just as an aside George Hearn's version I Am What I Am is currently playing on the radio), but this is an obvious Pride Month happening. As to preference, I think that the goal is to have these stories, characters, and creators no longer be special, but instead blend into the standard operations.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

So many of my favorite creators and characters here, excited for this. ^^ Also thought Extraño was Doc Strange haha, nice to know the history! Hope there's a future for this new version of the character.

Extraordinary Member

Any guesses on who makes up the JLQ in the Aqualad story?

I’m guessing Aqualad, Bunker, Traci 13, Crush, the Ray, Thunder, Shining Knight, Grace.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Any guesses on who makes up the JLQ in the Aqualad story?

I’m guessing Aqualad, Bunker, Traci 13, Crush, the Ray, Thunder, Shining Knight, Grace.
    Two members or confirmed.

https://www.cbr.com/justice-league-q...ualad-dreamer/

https://twitter.com/mikhalmc/status/...169538/photo/1

Aqualad and Dreamer. So Dreamer is joining the mainstream universe. Although she looks more like Traci 13 to me.

Maybe Danny the Street or Coagula will make the cut.
    Last edited by Lonewolf36; 06-06-2021 at 10:41 AM.

Looking forward to Dreamer debuting in the comics universe. Wonder if she will be the most popular new character of the decade. Would love it if she ended up crossing paths with LoSH.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Looking forward to Dreamer debuting in the comics universe. Wonder if she will be the most popular new character of the decade. Would love it if she ended up crossing paths with LoSH.
    Would love to see her and Phantom Girl (Linnya Wazzo) and possibly Sun Girl (Deborah Morgna) in a modern day revamped L.E.G.I.O.N. with Vril Dox.
    Last edited by Lonewolf36; 06-06-2021 at 03:18 PM.