The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Default Justice League: Last Ride discussion

Is anyone else following this? It's pretty good.

#1 reveals that the Justice League is disbanded but Hal and the Green Lanterns ask them for their help to keep Lobo in protective custody so he can stand trial at the United Planets for killing the New Gods. Batman tels Hal to go away and he heads back to Gotham. Later, Superman interrupts one of Batman's fights with Mr. Freeze and they reconvene at the Batcave where it's revealed that Martian Manhunter was KIA. Batman agrees to help with Hal's plan to hide Lobo on Apokolipis \.

Half of #2 is a flashback to the event where J'onn probably died and the second half is the Hal and JL arriving at Apokolipis with Lobo.

The artwork is pretty good and I like how Chip Zdarsky handles Clark and Bruce. I don't have a pull list but I'll try to keep following it.
    "Cable was right!"

It’s been interesting so far, not what I expected from Zdarsky doing a JL story. He’s done a solid job of handling everyones voices (aside from WW being too violent for my taste), but the “real” story doesn’t feel like it’s going to kick off until we know how J’onn died. Great art though, Miguel is fantastic.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s been interesting so far, not what I expected from Zdarsky doing a JL story. He’s done a solid job of handling everyones voices (aside from WW being too violent for my taste), but the “real” story doesn’t feel like it’s going to kick off until we know how J’onn died. Great art though, Miguel is fantastic.
    Yep, so far not caring for what I'm seeing on his writing for her. Not quite Johns or Taylor level bad but it's in the ballpark.

But that's to be expected of Justice League writers.
    Last edited by Gaius; 06-11-2021 at 05:30 AM.