Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Monster Girl (Invincible) vs Muscular (my hero academia)

Who takes it?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Assuming the comics - what level of Monster Girl? She can vary a lot depending on age of her human body and the like.

I think Muscular generally has higher level feats by and large so I'd back him.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

If this is main timeline MG, then Muscular is way beyond her level. Muscular requires Deku to go pretty far into OFA to beat him in their first match, though Deku stomps the guy mercilessly the second time (where he's capable of about 2x as much OFA, plus has Smokescreen, Blackwhip, Float and Danger Sense on top of OFA).

There is the alternate dimension MG from Emperor Mohawk Mark's world who never had the belt, thus de-aged to a baby, who is therefore Kaiju sized (MG is stronger the younger her human form is because... reasons). She can probably splat Muscular, but even then, she's lacking much in the way of raw feats.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Extraordinary Member

Assuming main timeline for Monster Girl I'd also go with Muscular just on account how he tanked Deku 100% smash that was able to one-shot building sized robots and most recently tearing through buildings like they're nothing. He also seems to generally have better movement than Monster Girl.

I can't actually quite recall any good concrete feats for MG from the main timeline. She's superstrong and all that, but I'm not sure by how much.

She kind of slots into the "non-Allen, non-Battle Beast, non-Viltrumite Brick" category. She's not strong enough to do anything but lose badly to those guys, but those guys are the top of the top of the series. She gets handled by a couple of Rex/Robot drone variants a few times, Battle Beast dropped her like a bad habit, and ISTR alternate futures and dream sequences showing her ripped to pieces by Viltrumites. I would maybe slot her into the "Immortal, Mauler clone" category of Invincible strength equivalents?

On that "level," one of my favorite light, non-spoiler moments from the comic was Immortal flying up to meet Allen, and attacking him. Mark shows up in a panic and tells Allen "Dude, he's not that strong, he only thinks he is, you'll destroy him, please stop!" Immortal being the douche he usually is, after all.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Immortal being the douche he usually is, after all.
    Maybe that's why Wilkes Booth shot him in the Invincible-verse.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    It makes sense, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Wasn't he actually a body double stand-in for the actual Abe Lincoln after he was shot?
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 05-08-2021 at 08:48 AM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Wasn't he actually a lookalike stand-in for the actual Abe Lincoln?
    No, he's actually Abe Lincoln.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Wasn't he actually a lookalike stand-in for the actual Abe Lincoln?
    Still explains why he got shot. But yea big_adventure beat me to it.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    No, he's actually Abe Lincoln.
    Oh, okay then.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

So... How did Abe get so buff? And how come did *did* get shot? I mean, Immortal's not the pinnacle of bricks in the show or anything, but from the stuff he tanks he should still be fully bulletproof.

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    So... How did Abe get so buff? And how come did *did* get shot? I mean, Immortal's not the pinnacle of bricks in the show or anything, but from the stuff he tanks he should still be fully bulletproof.
    Our world's Abraham Lincoln was probably one of the toughest, physically strongest men to be President. He was undefeated as a wrestler and did feats of strength to amuse people when younger. He was a specimen.

Regarding Immortal, maybe he has gotten tougher as he got older, or toughens up everytime he dies?

Quote Originally Posted by Muadib View Post
    Our world's Abraham Lincoln was probably one of the toughest, physically strongest men to be President. He was undefeated as a wrestler and did feats of strength to amuse people when younger. He was a specimen.

Regarding Immortal, maybe he has gotten tougher as he got older, or toughens up everytime he dies?
    It could also be that it was faked. He only came out as a superhuman in what, the 30s?

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

He did say he faked his death and felt guilty that Booth got charged with murder but they don't specify how it worked.