Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    He did say he faked his death and felt guilty that Booth got charged with murder but they don't specify how it worked.
    Yup, in the comic they were clear on this. One of the first moments that Immortal kind of acted like a person, rather than a giant douche.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Yup, in the comic they were clear on this. One of the first moments that Immortal kind of acted like a person, rather than a giant douche.
    I loved the Invincible series, but I was always like "Immortal superhero Abe Lincoln... and they're making him a douchebag?" I always thought that was a great concept and he could have had his own spin off comic-- you know, if they had gone in a different direction with him.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Being fair to the guy, he did explain how immortality basically made him push everyone away from him. It is the sort of Sci Fi trauma that we don't really have a real world example to see how people would deal with it. It eventually drove the dude out right crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Being fair to the guy, he did explain how immortality basically made him push everyone away from him. It is the sort of Sci Fi trauma that we don't really have a real world example to see how people would deal with it. It eventually drove the dude out right crazy.
    Yup - he explains this, and he also comes around to being only a partial tool, eventually. And keeps getting ripped in half.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Yup - he explains this, and he also comes around to being only a partial tool, eventually. And keeps getting ripped in half.
    Gotta separate the good from the bad.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Gotta separate the good from the bad.
    If I had been drinking something, it would have shot out my nose.