Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I think he works better in a setting like JLI where he gets to be the League power house and stoic nature is used to play off of Guy, Booster and Ted's antics.
    Same here. If they were to do another crack as comedy Justice League show, the Bwa-ha-ha League is the way to go. I don't know if David Harewood would be interested in that, but he probably has the chops to play straightman to Blue & Gold, Fire & Ice and Guy.

We'll see if the Guy they got for the new GL show can play comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I think the nature of the show isn't the best suited for the character. If this were a JLI show, the low budget J'Onn SFX would be perfect. But, J'Onn is not suited to moping around for 20 episodes of soap opera punctuated with occasional low-budget sci-fi action.
    I mean, of any character J'onn has every right to be fairly mopey, not that I think he gets like that too often on the show, at least when not appropriate.

And the Martian Manhunter CG generally looks pretty solid, they just use it sparingly because of costs. I've seen people talk about how much better he looks on Supergirl compared to the Snyder cut.
    Same here. If they were to do another crack as comedy Justice League show, the Bwa-ha-ha League is the way to go. I don't know if David Harewood would be interested in that, but he probably has the chops to play straightman to Blue & Gold, Fire & Ice and Guy.

We'll see if the Guy they got for the new GL show can play comedy.
    With the comedy in Supergirl, I think Harewood would totally be down for it .

(Like seriously, watch his scene with Brainiac 5 in the latest episode. It would've been a scene straight out of JLI).

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

With the comedy in Supergirl, I think Harewood would totally be down for it .

(Like seriously, watch his scene with Brainiac 5 in the latest episode. It would've been a scene straight out of JLI).
    I think Harewood has the comedy chops, certainly. I'd just like him in a show that's of overall better quality. CW's Supergirl has found a nice groove for itself in this final season though, from the handful of episodes I've seen.

I think Harewood has the comedy chops, certainly. I'd just like him in a show that's of overall better quality. CW's Supergirl has found a nice groove for itself in this final season though, from the handful of episodes I've seen.
    But he's so great on the show. I mean, he would probably kill it anywhere, but he does a really good job on the show .