Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    I find Amora much more interesting than clear-cut heroes. I've always been drawn to characters that can take different roles (hero, villain, anti-hero etc.) in different stories while staying true to their character which is why Doom, Amora and Namor are some of my favorites in comics. I think the seeming disinterest in Amora is due to writers not being interested in her (her roles in CM and Strange Academy are good but she doesn't appear regularly in any book) and not having many appearances in other media. I've seen Amora only in Hulk vs Thor and Avengers EMH outside of comics. While Doom didn't have any luck with his movie appearaces he has multiple game appearances and he appears frequently in comics. Namor too is a regular in many line wide events and recently had Atlantis Attacks limited series. I don't understand why Amora isn't used in video games. Her powerset would translate perfectly to MvC series or she can be an unlockable boss in MUA series.
    Me too, that is why I have spent years since I entered in a comic board for the first time, trying to vindicate a character who gives for much more than she does usually.

It hurts me a lot to see that everything remains the same and the writers always go towards the same thing over and over again, without risking or doing anything new, they only do it with certain characters, it is evident that with Amora for some reason, they decide not to do anything except on rare occasions that in the end they end up being forgotten as if nothing happened, I just hope that what is now is not forgotten, it should have continuity.

I always defend and I always will defend the Enchantress, I like her a lot above the vast majority of female Marvel characters and it cannot be that all the women of the time of the 60s, the early days of Marvel, all have advanced while Amora the Enchantress, the first to be truly independent despite being a villain and not depending on anyone, is stuck.

As for the rest of the things you say, I totally agree and I look forward to more updates, especially within games like Marvel Future Fight or future games that Marvel will release for different platforms.

still waiting for some opinions.

Amora could be an intriguing member of the Guardians of the Galaxy. I don't think she's done space adventure that often. Given the bent to have a humorous update to the group since the movies' success, it could work for her to be a foil for Gamora. And Star-Lord would annoy both of them with recurring "Amora... Gamora" jokes (think Dave Letterman's "Uma... Oprah" bit at the Oscars many years ago)

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Amora could be an intriguing member of the Guardians of the Galaxy. I don't think she's done space adventure that often. Given the bent to have a humorous update to the group since the movies' success, it could work for her to be a foil for Gamora. And Star-Lord would annoy both of them with recurring "Amora... Gamora" jokes (think Dave Letterman's "Uma... Oprah" bit at the Oscars many years ago)
    That is very difficult to see, the stories of Amora if you realize and look at all her appearances have always been between Earth and Asgard, something related to space, practically never unless you counts the first Secret Wars. Maybe with Sylvie Lushton it could work or even Lorelei with Sigurd if someone remembers them.

I stick with everything I said in message "164" of this thread, Amora needs much more and that the writers do well and currently the Thor book and if the same writers are still there, it will not happen.

I just read Captain Marvel 30 today and I think the only word I can think of is disappointment, really until now I was liking what Kelly Thompson was doing and hoping for something better than what I have read, for fans of the Captain Marvel will surely be very good, but for fans of the Enchantress, it is still more of the same and the trend of the last 20-30 years, I hope the Strange Academy special is better because I no longer know what or who can save the Enchantress character and do justice and show a minimum of respect for her.

That's disappointing to hear. I haven't gone to comic store yet. Once I do I'll check it out.

That's disappointing to hear. I haven't gone to comic store yet. Once I do I'll check it out.
    Yeah, the art is good, I loved it, but the story itself, I do not have where to take it and it does not make sense especially for Strange Academy and Amora's real and present children, not the future/alternative one, I already said that I did not know how both stories could be connected and I think they are still unable to.

Yeah that's disappointing. Amora was taken out too quickly and once her son drank the potion she didn't do anything. She's basically made an enemy instead of an uneasy ally which would be much more interesting. I at least liked that she was more honest with Carol than Carol was with her. There was some nuance in the writing, just a disappointing outcome.

Oh and there seems to be no continuity between stories.

Oh and there seems to be no continuity between stories.
    It's sad to see and heard it. What I was saying, I expected to see what conclusion this story was going to have and in the end it turned out to be like that, I expected much more and something better, I begin to understand why even in the Captain Marvel thread, practically almost nobody or nobody commented for months on the stories except little things that could be considered more superficial than anything else.

Hopefully we do not get another disappointment with Strange Academy, because I hope a lot from that story and above all that Marvel begins to take the character more seriously and almost stops treating her as if she was a joke, she is an Asgardian goddess, one of the most powerful of Asgard with a lot of difference and deserves to be treated with much more respect, for a joke character we already have Deadpool and even MODOK. Amora only has two real sons, Iric and Alvi, Ove is nothing as Kelly Thompson already showed.

I want to see a healthy relationship between Amora and her sons and hopefully learn who the father is.

I want to see a healthy relationship between Amora and her sons and hopefully who the father is.
    Me too, I can't stand anymore she is still a villain, Loki did worse things than her, and it's like Amora is the devil while Loki is reformed, weird and absurd.

I like Loki but yeah that's quite literally a double standard. Didn't Loki once force Sif to marry him, started Ragnarok and once Asgard's rebuilt hijack Sif's body? The guy was a complete monster back in the day. After erasing his name from book of hel everthings forgiven apperantly. I'm not against redemption stories however redeeming Loki while keeping Amora in statis in terms of her character is stupid.

I like Loki but yeah that's quite literally a double standard. Didn't Loki once force Sif to marry him, started Ragnarok and once Asgard's rebuilt hijack Sif's body? The guy was a complete monster back in the day. After erasing his name from book of hel everthings forgiven apperantly. I'm not against redemption stories however redeeming Loki while keeping Amora in statis in terms of her character is stupid.
    That is something that I have been thinking and suffering from for many years and I still do not understand why Marvel does what it does with Amora (which I suppose now someone will come to say, "but at least she has appearances in the comics and has not been forgotten , try to enjoy them, whether they are good or bad stories "I don't like that because it's conformism and I'm not like that word too and I can't stand that kind of thing, I just really want to enjoy a well-written story that can be fairly coherent and with continuity)

Perhaps that is the case now, but when will there be one of those appearances being an important point that breaks with all of the above? Today's writers seem to know only one thing to do with her, very few risk doing something different and for reasons that I can't understand everything seems to have to go hand in hand with what happens or stops happening in the MCU recently.

I expect a lot from Strange Academy.

Tell me more about where Ove came from as far as concocting a new big bad for Carol?

Thompson: A big goal of ours from the beginning has been to develop a great rogues' gallery for Carol. So many of her big villains are borrowed from other characters or have been lost to them, others have moved on in one way or another, like Rogue, or Carol’s just way too powerful for them to be a serious threat at this point. So we’ve tried to both create new villains and do rehab on some old ones to really build up that gallery for her.

In Ove I wanted someone truly powerful that could really be a threat for Carol and give her a sort of "Days of Future Past" storyline that would have lasting impact for her. Amora will always be a Thor character—but Ove straddles that line nicely and I think he can be a great villain for her going forward—especially after the events of CAPTAIN MARVEL #30.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=125032134