Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Results 256 to 270 of 344
  1. #256
    Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    3,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    It was weird but I guess it kinda makes sense considering how long Asgardians live. Maybe time doesn't change them as much as it changes us.
    Personally I have no idea but I think Amora was always a bit different from other asgardians even Thor and Loki, she can still learn a bit of humility also she is a goddess of love not a demon, not a monster ..., she can be a bit selfish and arrogant but she isn't truly evil and there are a lot of comics on what this was shown, the problem is that some writers remember and other choose to ignore it.

  2. #257
    Fantastic Member Doom'nGloom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    354

    Default

    Yeah writers usually take the lazy approach. When a character makes a name for herself/himself as a villain/anti-hero they keep telling the same story over and over again and any progression characters made gets ignored by the next writer. Or rarely a character gets to evolve thanks to her/his popularity in outside media (Loki in MCU)

  3. #258
    Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    3,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Yeah writers usually take the lazy approach. When a character makes a name for herself/himself as a villain/anti-hero they keep telling the same story over and over again and any progression characters made gets ignored by the next writer. Or rarely a character gets to evolve thanks to her/his popularity in outside media (Loki in MCU)
    Well, I think a very good example we have with Doctor Octopus, since Superior Spider-Man to now.

  4. #259
    Fantastic Member Doom'nGloom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    Well, I think a very good example we have with Doctor Octopus, since Superior Spider-Man to now.
    A good example though I'm not a fan of that series for all the Queenpin bs Slott did with Felicia.

  5. #260
    Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    3,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    A good example though I'm not a fan of that series for all the Queenpin bs Slott did with Felicia.
    Yeah, it wasn't a good thing and so forced, at least now things are different right now, I really hope all these things of Amora with her sons from the Strange Academy don't be forgotten, I think it's enough important and relevant to change things for good instead of making things worse than ever.

  6. #261
    Fantastic Member Doom'nGloom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    354

    Default

    I hope they touch on father of the kids as well.

  7. #262
    Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    3,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    I hope they touch on father of the kids as well.
    Me too, i think it's important it he is not Skurge, Thor, Heimdall or even Loki.

  8. #263

  9. #264
    Fantastic Member Doom'nGloom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    354

    Default

    Looks great. Amora's face reminds me of an actress but I can't say who.

  10. #265
    Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    3,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Looks great. Amora's face reminds me of an actress but I can't say who.
    No idea too, but it was so good. also I have found two pics that were reposts from other years, one that can be easily about Valentine's Day and the Other for Halloween


  11. #266
    Fantastic Member Doom'nGloom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    It reminded me of this

    images.jpeg-17.jpg

    I like how silver surfer looks like a love-struck puppy.

    This makes me worder how Amora's magic would fare against power cosmic. Power cosmic is in the same tier as speed force for the bs it can do.
    Last edited by Doom'nGloom; 10-18-2021 at 11:50 AM.

  12. #267
    Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    3,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    It reminded me of this

    images.jpeg-17.jpg

    I like how silver surfer looks like a love-struck puppy.

    This makes me worder how Amora's magic would fare against power cosmic. Power cosmic is in the same tier as speed force for the bs it can do.
    Yeah! Marvel Super Hero Squad was a lot of fun, I loved it in the same way that Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, both shows were so good and have a very good Amora's portrayal.

    No idea, but Amora is a goddess, of course, it's another level, a mere human woman can't do what Amora does for centuries (i'm not saying that Sylvie Lushton with time and a lot more of practice can't reach someday)

  13. #268
    Fantastic Member Doom'nGloom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    Yeah! Marvel Super Hero Squad was a lot of fun, I loved it in the same way that Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, both shows were so good and have a very good Amora's portrayal.
    Yeah it did justice to Amora and to other characters as well yet I remember reading various online forums where people hated it for the artstyle or tone or something.

  14. #269
    Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    3,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Yeah it did justice to Amora and to other characters as well yet I remember reading various online forums where people hated it for the artstyle or tone or something.
    Not my case, but I thought at first before watching It did not seem too good, after seeing it and observing that it was really worth it, I was hooked and I loved it, I really regret that they canceled it when it seemed that the general consensus is that it was a series that could have given much more.

    The truth is that in the case of Amora, I do not stop complaining bitterly when it appears in a specific comic or story, I cannot help it when I see something that has potential and that later the writer does not know what to do next or has an ending or a lack of development that I consider alarming, hence I later think that they do not respect the character at all, I cannot accept things simply as they are, I need more and really think positive if things are really done well.

  15. #270
    Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    3,315

    Default

    I was wondering something about the whole thing about the children of Amora the Enchantress.

    If Amora has not been the best mother with her children Alvi and Iric because she preferred to separate from them, possibly to protect them from who she is and not to harm them or that they will suffer any damage because of her, considering a better option to be raised by their father (there are people who believe that they may be children of Thor rather than an unknown palace guard that many people in Asgard seem to know, but I don't know if the fact that he is someone different is far more interesting).

    Could Lorelei if her relationship with Sigurd continues, be a much better mother if she had two daughters? Lorelei is and always has been very competitive when it comes to proving that she is better than her older sister.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •