Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    Well, with what I posted more or less and counting cameos or illustrations, it's enough. There are characters with a lot more of prominence that can even being considered an excess.

Between the 60s and 80s it was a lot of appearances, between the 90s until now it was reduced to Thor and a few things but basically cameos (some on just a one panel of a book of more than 30 pages) and not good portrayals (though there are a few books in what she was a highlight (Jurgens Thor, for example) considering determined things).
    Oh, I just thought you already counted all those down to an individual number.

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Oh, I just thought you already counted all those down to an individual number.
    All I have put are her appearances, whether significant or not, part of the story or just a small part, even if it is just a single panel, there are more significant appearances than the others, hence she is an important character although in recent years isn't what it seems so because of the treatment that writers give to her, especially people like Aaron or Matt Fraction and his horrible run in Thor, at least, writers like Simonson, Shooter, Bendis, Ellis or Jurgens ... even Tom DeFalco in its moment (though it was a mess) tried to do something seriously and currently I like what is trying to do Kelly Thompson.

Wow thanks. This will definitely take awhile. Is Sylvie biologically related to Amora? I've heard her powers were given by Loki so it's interesting she chose Enchantress as her alias.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Wow thanks. This will definitely take awhile. Is Sylvie biologically related to Amora? I've heard her powers were given by Loki so it's interesting she chose Enchantress as her alias.
    In its moment it was though she can be Amora's daughter but she or at least it is what it was supposed, she was a teenage girl from Broxton, Oklahoma that Loki gave her powers just for his (well, her, in that moment Loki was Lady Loki) own fun, to create messes and chaos, it was even said that to complicate everything, it was a complete creation of a living being believing that she was a human who in turn believed to be an Asgardian goddess.

Personally I prefer the theory that she was a normal Broxton girl who had the misfortune of being inadvertently chosen by Loki for his own amusement, simply because he was into mischief by his very nature.

Perhaps, and even I have a theory of my own, that Loki made the mistake of giving powers to a girl who in the end and through a series of temporary trips, would become and be part of the life of Amora and Lorelei herself being that unknown mother that we have never known and the beginning of the legend of the Enchantress.

Ultimate Member

All I have put are her appearances, whether significant or not, part of the story or just a small part, even if it is just a single panel, there are more significant appearances than the others, hence she is an important character although in recent years isn't what it seems so because of the treatment that writers give to her, especially people like Aaron or Matt Fraction and his horrible run in Thor, at least, writers like Simonson, Shooter, Bendis, Ellis or Jurgens ... even Tom DeFalco in its moment (though it was a mess) tried to do something seriously and currently I like what is trying to do Kelly Thompson.
    Ok. Good work, by the way. Just curious, but where'd you get this info?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Ok. Good work, by the way. Just curious, but where'd you get this info?
    Well, I spent some years doing some research, some pages of what I got the info doesn't exist right now, others I just reading and looking on what it can be next appearance. On the wikipedia, doesn't appear all the info, in its moment I found some but lately not every page it was updated.

Perhaps, and even I have a theory of my own, that Loki made the mistake of giving powers to a girl who in the end and through a series of temporary trips, would become and be part of the life of Amora and Lorelei herself being that unknown mother that we have never known and the beginning of the legend of the Enchantress.
    I like the idea that Loki made a mistake choosing the person and Sylvie took the name Enchantress without his intention. That way she becomes a carrier of the torch on her own accord.

I like the idea that Loki made a mistake choosing the person and Sylvie took the name Enchantress without his intention. That way she becomes a carrier of the torch on her own accord.
    It's a possibility also when Amora sent her to an unknown place of the ten realms(Illuminati 7 - last issue), Amora díd it because she was upset for the fact Sylvie steal her name but not kills her in any way.

My theory it is that regarding it, Sylvie survives on her own (Sylvie is alive an i'm pretty sure of it) and returns to Midgard, meets Amora that began to notice Sylvie resemblance to her mother and befriends her, after this, it would be more interesting to see them as a team and realizes, both Enchantresses, about the true meaning of being The Enchantress, after a few adventures together, Amora loses Sylvie trying to redeem herself and Sylvie goes back in time losing part of her memories and being the woman she has to be after a few years on the past of Asgard marrying what it can be her true soulmate and giving birth of Amora first and then Lorelei.

I just think on it for an untold origin of The Enchantress, at least the first part beginning in the present, continuation in the past. And these time things are more of people like Kang or Immortus (Amora already has a connection with him because of the first appearance of Immortus on the Avengers first issues on the 60s And What Amora did after this, stopping an event with her magic that happened)
    Last edited by Charlie_1981; 06-23-2021 at 12:48 AM.

True, as I said, it is a possibility that would explain many things and also it would not change too much more than a development towards the characters of Amora and her sister Lorelei more extensive than it is currently, maybe put it on a level similar to Loki but going for another route and forgive me that my previous answer was for other things (sorry about it, because English isn't my first language) such as exposing an idea of ​​a friendly relationship between both Enchantresses and summarizing in a few words something as important as the kinship of Amora, Lorelei and Sylvie, their origin since 1964 (that it was her first appearance) never was explained by any writer, even Stan Lee or Jack Kirby.

The Loki thing, well, he already made a big mistake at the time that for a long time caused him deep resentment and hatred, as was the creation of the Avengers. The mistake of choosing Sylvie, more than a mistake would be a benefit, an advantage because Loki loves chaos, mischief ... even if he can be wrong (if Sylvie could be both sisters's unknown mother) since Amora and Lorelei were allies and even close and intimate friends of Loki and the chemistry between them is important, funny and interesting.

But I really miss Sylvie Lushton in the comics and I would like to know when they make her come back from wherever she was, how could that be, her development, the place where she was sent, her allies, her enemies, her personal growth ... and I wish both Enchantresses would become friends and form an interesting team-up like Batman and Robin, Carol Danvers and Jessica Drew or Kamala Khan, Iron Fist and Power Man, Magik and Kitty Pryde ...

Also on another things, I read Captain Marvel 29, I already forgot it was released this week. It was fun the interactions between Carol and Amora, though it was so short, maybe in issue 30 we will have a bit more of her. This page it's truly hilarious that it would make a lot of memes.

a3.jpg
    Last edited by Charlie_1981; 06-24-2021 at 05:03 AM.

No problem. English isn't my first language either. I love that Amora accepted Carol's request just to defy Strange.

In the issue Carol said Thor will eventually come to take Amora back to her cell. Why is that? Is it something to do with War of the Realms? That's the last big story involving Asgardians right? I haven't read it yet.

No problem. English isn't my first language either. I love that Amora accepted Carol's request just to defy Strange.
    No problem too, i'm still learning after a few years trying it

Me too, at least it's better than seeiing her full-villainess, I prefer the anti-hero thing than it.

In the issue Carol said Thor will eventually come to take Amora back to her cell. Why is that? Is it something to do with War of the Realms? That's the last big story involving Asgardians right? I haven't read it yet.
    Yes it was related to War of the Realms event, if you have read Strange Academy 10, you'll see Amora in her cell talking with one of her sons that are actually there for a trip (the blond asgardian twins Alvi and Iric), this was a huge revelation, because Lorelei at this point was the only family she still has.

Personally I have no idea how it can be connected Strange Academy 10 and Captain Marvel 28 (last page)
    Last edited by Charlie_1981; 06-24-2021 at 05:52 AM.

young silvie

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    young silvie
    I would love to see soon that episode 4 and know more of her.

Also still waiting to see the synergies and Sylvie Lushton can be back at comics and meet Amora again.