Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Loki: Sophia di Martino On Ciffhanger Ending, MCU Theories

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

I have not seen the episode yet and I don't know much because I didn't feel like swallowing spoilers, but in comics, the relationship between Amora the Enchantress and Loki is something more or less similar, something platonic, of respect and knowledge of the nature of both by both parts, trust and distrust on both sides, but Amora never felt anything for Loki (her love was always directed towards Thor) except for what she could get for her own benefit, even during the Axis saga and that couple of Loki issues of Agent of Asgard where they became a couple by Wanda's reverse spell.

The truth is that I no longer know how many times I have seen how when explaining the character of Sylvie in the Loki series, they have explained the short history of Sylvie Lushton in the comics (which for me, still continues and should continue when some writer remembers of her and bring her back from wherever Amora the Enchantress sent her) in previous years I tried to include her in the Enchantress thread to try to make her something better known and raised some theories to relate her more to the original one since the origin of the Enchantress (Amora) has never been explained not even in the early days of Marvel when Stan Lee and Jack Kirby wrote Thor, nor when Walt Simonson included Lorelei in his run. Actually it looks like Sylvie Lushton is more known actually than Amora.

I have already seen episode 4 of Loki and I loved it, the two actresses who play the character are really very good (Cailey Fleming and Sophia di Martino), it really is a very tragic story that still needs to be revealed in more detail to understand it even better. The end with the final credits, impressive. And I do not say more because more than what others have said, I will not say because it has already been said, even with the platonic love story between both "Lokis".

And as for Amora, it's hard to believe that anyone is not commenting on anything about it, as if the Captain Marvel book does not matter at all, not even in Carol Danvers' own appreciation thread that has not been commented on practically a single issue for a long time, so many months behind.

I liked episode 4 but I don't know what to think of (platonic?) Loki-Sylvie relationship and it's not because they are variants of the same person but I feel the show didn't built up to that enough in episode 3. I think this story deserves more than 6 episodes. But I gotta say, Sophia Di Martino is lovely, I hope she stays with the MCU going forward.
    Last edited by Doom'nGloom; 07-02-2021 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    I liked episode 4 but I don't know what to think of (platonic?) Loki-Sylvie relationship and it's not because they are variants of the same person but I feel the show didn't built up to that enough in episode 3. I think this story deserves more than 6 episodes.
    Me too, but they are so enough different to not seem weird.

Also, I think it is more what Loki believes or can think and it does not seem that Sylvie can feel the same considering what the TVA did to her as a child and how she has been living her life since then, I think she thinks more of him as a friend than a boyfriend.

In the comics as I said before, Amora does not feel anything for Loki except for respect and the fact of being her friend since childhood, Amora's heart is always directed to Thor and also to Skurge although she could never recognize it to him because he had already died and she was with Heimdall in this moment.

In the Dark Reign: Young Avengers, Sylvie Lushton does not seem to feel much for her partner Melter and nothing else, she does not care too much.

There is something that I do not quite understand and I do not know if it can be like that, but between the Strange Academy when it is revealed that Alvi and Iric are children of The Enchantress and Iric visits her on an excursion to Asgard hidden from the rest of the class and what happens in the Captain Marvel series when Carol finds her and asks her to help her with magic, something Amora agreed when other magic users refuses.

At what moment Amora is free from the prison where she was locked up, she freed herself, her son Iric frees her or what happens between the two stories?

I guess Kelly Thompson just handwaved it as she escaped though it would be nice to see how she did it.

I guess Kelly Thompson just handwaved it as she escaped though it would be nice to see how she did it.
    Yeah, I want to know it, also if this finishes that if her son freed her, she's not going to say anything to make him being hurt, she loves him and even being an absent mother, she cares

A retro comic cover for the TV show with meme template?! I wish this was legitimately sold in comic stores.

A retro comic cover for the TV show with meme template?! I wish this was legitimately sold in comic stores.
    Yeah, looks nice, it's so cool.

I miss to talk a bit more about Amora on comics, we have what we have but I would love to see more, hope Donny Cates remembers her because actually she has very little place or nothing on Thor book, because of that it would be understandable her appearances on comics like Strange Academy or Captain Marvel, because Cates don't have any plans for her.

How is Cates' Thor? I only read the first arc with Galactus. If Amora shows up I'll pick it up. Rignt now Thor is the ideal book to explain how Amora escaped prison and ended up in CM.